Transmission shudder

UNIKRN150

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Loaded Reg Cab Short bed 4x4 5.0 AntiBlue
Transmission nightmare horror stories are what keep me from considering a RAM.

I hate reading about Ford's...

God bless Zeigler!

Advertisement

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Acura MDX
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I test drove a 2021 XLT 3.5 SC a few days ago and noticed the shudder. The truck had less than 15 miles on it and I felt the shudder pulling out of the dealer parking lot while slowly accelerating. The test drive was about 5 miles and it only did it one other time after pulling out of the lot. I drove a second truck that was being used by the GM (2021 Lariat 3.5 SC) with about 1,500 miles and it did not shudder on the test drive. I didn't even mention it to the salesperson that was riding with me because I was only there to test drive and didn't feel like hearing what excuse he was going to make up about it. I didn't even bother to look up "F-150 shudder" until I came across this thread and felt like I should share what I noticed. It felt like going over small rumble strips on the highway.

clipperqb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Nissan Frontier
The only thing I'm not loving about the truck is the shifting. It's not horrible, just not the "smooth as butter" comments I have seen. Or "I don't even know when it shifts". I did have to have a TSB applied around 400 miles for dead battery syndrome and did feel as though my shifting took a "step backwards". Is it a thing that I can ask service to reset or something? Or is my truck just still getting to know me (at 1,100 miles)? 3.5 EB 4x4
Thanks

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Mine has been reset by dealer and didn’t change my issue at all. It going back next Tuesday as I’m so disappointed in my truck
Same here been in shop a few times
Man your not kidding! I had a 2017 and would do anything To have that truck back, never had a single issue with it. Buy a 21 and already has 2 recalls one with windshield having to be removed paint sanded off and some new coating put in its place and windshield put back. Honestly I have ZERO faith in any dealer around me to be able to do this correctly and not screw something up, then horn would not work if you pushed on the right side of the horn found out the airbag cover was messed up and the had to replace the entire airbag, also as bullet mentioned my back seats one section is very noticeable higher than the other like something is under it holding it up when there is not, then this shudder issue! All this with under 1500 miles very extremely disappointed!
Same here! I want my 2016 back.

OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
About a week ago I took my truck to a different dealer to see if they could replicate/diagnose the transmission shudder I still have. The tech did notice it, said it wasn’t normal, and opened a ticket with Ford. Once the dealer has a response from Ford I’ll be sure to pass it a long.

Advertisement

Advertisement