Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck was built may 24th, supposedly with the fix, and I still feel it shudder. It’s not as bad as others that I’ve read on here with the exception of a few instances where it did shake the truck. 8,9,10 and it’s worst in 9 and 10, but I’ve also felt it lower 35-40mph shaking the truck but I don’t remember what gear it was in. The truck lugs along everywhere and I’ve noticed this since day one. It stubbornly refuses to downshift causing me to have to really force it. It has improved a little with 93 octane but still there. I only have 600 miles on the truck. Not a good driving experience. A quick google search shows that this has been an issue for years! I don’t count on ford figuring it out as they obviously have no clue how to fix it.
Hi there. This transmission concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
I picked my truck up today after having TSB 22-2224 applied. I’ve only driven it 10 or so miles home and on the usual section of road where my truck would shudder it performed flawlessly. I’ll report back in a few days after I’ve logged more miles, but I’m feeling confident this fix corrected my issue. After all of the other fix attempts I was able to replicate the shudder within a mile or two after leaving the dealership. This time I couldn’t get it to shudder before getting home

Omzmo

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Just dropped my 21 powerboost off this morning for the update. Really hoping this TSB fixes the issue. I've been back and forth with the dealership about a shudder/vibration since last September and it's made me regret my purchase ever since. The dealership I've been dealing with has also been one of the worst I've seen for customer service which really hasn't helped how frustrated I've been with Ford. I'll post an update when I get the truck back.

Howard5091

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I am glad that others are starting to have good results with the update. I am very happy with mine! Only issue I am having is that all warning sounds are now coming from the instrument cluster, not the speakers and sound like they are from a 2007 Ford Focus 🤨

Howard5091

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So what you actually mean is that you will act interested but in reality just waste someone else’s time just like you did mine. My truck would not be fixed if it was not for members of this forum (excluding your account) who actually informed me about the fix for my truck.

Hi there. This transmission concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
That’s why I haven’t responded to them. It’s just guinea pig tracking and a public post so people think they are concerned. If I end up taking it in then it’ll be on my dealer to fix either way and there’s enough info here that I can share with them if needed.

Omzmo

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
I can't believe I'm about to say this but it worked! No more shudder after TSB 22-2224 is completed. Drove a few routes where I always felt the shudder and it finally felt smooth and normal. Even with my toyo AT3 tires on. I also had the blue cruise update completed today and it worked flawlessly. Feels like a different truck. I definitely recommend anyone with the shudder to get your trucks in asap for this TSB.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Glad to hear everything is working. I think I need to find a new dealership, I'm going in next week but they were confused I wanted to come in for a TSB.

You want to come in for a TSB?

YES.

What TSB is it?

22-2224.

Umm what is it for?

Transmission shudder.

What do we need to do?

Reset the PCM.

I guess we can do that my transmission guy is here next week.

Great I'll drop it off at 7am.

So you just want us to do this TSB?

YES.

Not a joke that is how my phone conversation went. The service representative was completely lost I'm not very confident it will get done. I'm sure he is going to have the "transmission " guy drive it and tell me it's "normal".

I called a dealer that is a little further away and they asked for my vin pulled it up knew right away what to do and also mentioned my wiper motor recall but they are out a month.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
My truck didn’t have it either until I put 500+ miles on it, I would just keep an eye on it. Curious if your transmission has to go through the learning phase again? Either way that’s good news 👍 since my truck was built after the fix I’m curious now to find a dealer that could double check that for me. I’ll have to call around tomorrow.

mryan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platnium, 2019 Audi A7
My 2021 Limited Hybrid has had the TSB 22-2224 applied. The truck is no better. The shudder in 9th & 10th gear is just as bad. At 127kmph you don't even need to accelerate, just maintaining that speed it will shake my cell phone out of the holder. When it starts the vibration at that speed letting off on the accelerator the truck still shakes. Leading me to think it is the torque converter or a bad drive shaft that they have replaced twice. Really pathetic for a $100k truck. 3 Lariat's before this Limited. Will be my last Ford product, no idea how to get Ford Canada's attention.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
My 2021 Limited Hybrid has had the TSB 22-2224 applied. The truck is no better. The shudder in 9th & 10th gear is just as bad. At 127kmph you don't even need to accelerate, just maintaining that speed it will shake my cell phone out of the holder. When it starts the vibration at that speed letting off on the accelerator the truck still shakes. Leading me to think it is the torque converter or a bad drive shaft that they have replaced twice. Really pathetic for a $100k truck. 3 Lariat's before this Limited. Will be my last Ford product, no idea how to get Ford Canada's attention.
Sounds like your shaking is different than what a lot of us in this thread are/were experiencing. When my truck shuddered it would immediately subside when I let off the gas

mryan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platnium, 2019 Audi A7
Sounds like your shaking is different than what a lot of us in this thread are/were experiencing. When my truck shuddered it would immediately subside when I let off the gas
at speeds under 127 kph it does subside or if I manually downshift the transmission it does away.

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Well I hit 100 miles today since the fix and the shudder came back almost right at the 100 mile mark…

Howard5091

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Happy 4th Everyone!
I got to take the truck on a trip over the weekend and I have had zero shuddering whatsoever. The truck got excellent milage and ran like a top. The ride was the same route (lots of hills) that the truck shuddered terribly on my last trip before the re-flash was done. When looking at the TSB it looks like for the Powerboost there are multiple modules that require updating. I accessed the software versions using scriptable FordPass app and I took notice that the software versions did in fact change. I am going to attach pictures of my updated software versions so you can compare. I can’t help but wonder if they are not applying the updates properly, or not applying all needed updates. Also, If you read the TSB, it instructs the technician to test drive the vehicle and verify the shudder. If he does not feel the shudder, he is not to perform the update. I would read your work orders very carefully.

Ford F-150 Transmission shudder CD4223A2-2E75-4F92-8214-AC32B94C6D17

Ford F-150 Transmission shudder 33531692-44B8-49BD-9EBC-55D358E860D3

Ford F-150 Transmission shudder 692338AC-8C61-41DE-9AA7-974CA4EB8FE7

Ford F-150 Transmission shudder F684661C-98F2-4E70-8866-E7741D440729

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
I got to take the truck on a trip over the weekend and I have had zero shuddering whatsoever. The truck got excellent milage and ran like a top. The ride was the same route (lots of hills) that the truck shuddered terribly on my last trip before the re-flash was done. When looking at the TSB it looks like for the Powerboost there are multiple modules that require updating. I accessed the software versions using scriptable FordPass app and I took notice that the software versions did in fact change. I am going to attach pictures of my updated software versions so you can compare. I can’t help but wonder if they are not applying the updates properly, or not applying all needed updates. Also, If you read the TSB, it instructs the technician to test drive the vehicle and verify the shudder. If he does not feel the shudder, he is not to perform the update. I would read your work orders very carefully.

CD4223A2-2E75-4F92-8214-AC32B94C6D17.jpeg

33531692-44B8-49BD-9EBC-55D358E860D3.jpeg

692338AC-8C61-41DE-9AA7-974CA4EB8FE7.jpeg

F684661C-98F2-4E70-8866-E7741D440729.jpeg
In my case I know for sure all of my modules weren’t updated. I have to bring it back at a later point to have it serviced again. My dealer is having issues with whatever systems they use to update the software and is having a field service engineer come out to assist with updating their systems. Still hope on my end. I’m wondering if the fix they tried was just resetting the tranny tables as my shuddering was almost non existent after running 93 fuel for a few months. Still have my fingers crossed
Sponsored