First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
Mines a skipper too. It shifts from 1 to 3 in nearly every drive mode. I have a 3.5TT w/3.55 gears and a locker. I have about 15k on it and I love it except for the skip shifting. When I pull out of work, I really have to be careful because my truck experiences a delay, like no power between 1st and 3rd. I've nearly got my ars rear ended and not because I cut someone off. Fortunately, my local dealer in Kent, OH does great work in the service department. I'm going to give them a call about the TSB mentioned above that I believe someone stated was released June 9th. I'll keep you posted. Best of luck everyone.
There’s a differ
Mines a skipper too. It shifts from 1 to 3 in nearly every drive mode. I have a 3.5TT w/3.55 gears and a locker. I have about 15k on it and I love it except for the skip shifting. When I pull out of work, I really have to be careful because my truck experiences a delay, like no power between 1st and 3rd. I've nearly got my ars rear ended and not because I cut someone off. Fortunately, my local dealer in Kent, OH does great work in the service department. I'm going to give them a call about the TSB mentioned above that I believe someone stated was released June 9th. I'll keep you posted. Best of luck everyone.
There’s a different TSB for the 1-3 skip shift.
Sponsored

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
Has anyone used FDRS to update the transmission strategy? What does it entail? Shifting still is horrible and hard between 1-3 especially. I have reset adaptive tables over 1k miles ago and it is has not improved. I have the 5.0L with 3.73 rear-end. I need to make appointment maybe to get the solenoid SSB(TSB) flush or cycle, I really don't recall what it was for. But it is not smooth at all.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
There’s a differ

There’s a different TSB for the 1-3 skip shift.
Thank you for the info wilmaj32. I'll look for TSB number and reach out to the local dealer.

Sponsored

Jdc4216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
Has anyone had this tsb done? What were the results?
I took my truck in for the high speed shudder. They determined that it was the driveshaft. I have not taken it out on the highway yet to find out it was the driveshaft that is the cause. After they replaced the driveshaft, they test drove it and they said it is back to normal. I will find out tomorrow.
As I was checking out, I asked the advisor to check for the TSB 22-2224. He looked up and sure enough it said reprogramming of the PCM to correct high speed vibration when light throttle in gear 8, 9, 10. It was released June 9, so it is new.
Needless to say, he told me to drive the truck and to bring it back to perform this TSB if there is a hint of any high speed vibration.
Did the driveshaft fix it? Or the tsb?

Tsuga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
Has anyone had this tsb done? What were the results?

Did the driveshaft fix it? Or the tsb?
No, it did not fix the issue. I will be bringing my truck back in on the 6th of July for the TSB. I have also read from several Facebook group members that it fixes the issue.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
My truck was built may 24th, supposedly with the fix, and I still feel it shudder. It’s not as bad as others that I’ve read on here with the exception of a few instances where it did shake the truck. 8,9,10 and it’s worst in 9 and 10, but I’ve also felt it lower 35-40mph shaking the truck but I don’t remember what gear it was in. The truck lugs along everywhere and I’ve noticed this since day one. It stubbornly refuses to downshift causing me to have to really force it. It has improved a little with 93 octane but still there. I only have 600 miles on the truck. Not a good driving experience. A quick google search shows that this has been an issue for years! I don’t count on ford figuring it out as they obviously have no clue how to fix it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's effortless to get the truck to downshift with the button on the shifter.
I'm not sure I understand how it would be difficult to get the 10r80 to downshift?

It's literally designed for the driver to force a downshift with his thumb.

Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
I’ll add that there are plenty of times it downshifts on its own and maintains speed smoothly. It’s the times that it doesn’t want to, it’s lugging and losing speed as I’m pressing the throttle harder and harder. Then when I really force it I’m now lunging forward and speeding so I have to let off immediately. This is all on the same road I drive everyday for work.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
These modern trucks have a lot of controls at the pilots command. But none of them are in the footwell. :)

Howard5091

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Good news! I just had my Powerboost updated this morning. I took it out and put some miles on it. I have to say, I am impressed. I could not get the slightest shudder out of it when going up a hill at 50-70 in 10th 9th or 8th. Feels like a whole different truck. My fuel milage is exactly as it was before the update and the electric driving mode is working as well. I will update as I put on some more miles.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
That's great news, please keep us posted. I'm waiting to take my truck in for this update. Just waiting for dealership to get parts in to fix my rear window rattle, at that time they will also do the latest update for the transmission shudder. We are all hoping this update will finally fix the issue so many of us are experiencing.

Howard5091

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I ran the truck a good bit yesterday evening and today and it is still running great. Had a goofy shift one time, but it is still learning. Very happy with the outcome. It’s nice to be able to say that I’m happy with my purchase. Good luck to everyone else.
Sponsored