AnimalMother

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ram 1500
Occupation
Coffee
I just read through 100+ other posts about this issue on other forums. No one seems to have resolved it fully. Most go to the dealer where they try different things until the dealer gives up and says this is "normal behavior." Some say it's resolved by resetting the "learned" shift tables but that only helps for a few weeks. One guy said the tech at his dealership has the same truck and the same issue. So he just does the reset at every oil change. I guess he knows there is no fix. Have you tried the reset? (Sorry if you already mentioned it)

Could it be they use this programming to meet their claimed MPG. That's what the "learned" behavior stuff is all about?

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/shudder-jerking-issue-when-accelerating-508814/
Advertisement

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
The dealer tried resetting the tables a few back. It worked for a little over 24 hours and then the shudder came back.
I’ve locked out 8-10 on the ride to and from work today. The ride was actually enjoyable as it didn’t shudder at all. I’m going to keep running it like this until a fix from ford is presented

Dadofjax

First Name
Troy
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
The dealer tried resetting the tables a few back. It worked for a little over 24 hours and then the shudder came back.
I’ve locked out 8-10 on the ride to and from work today. The ride was actually enjoyable as it didn’t shudder at all. I’m going to keep running it like this until a fix from ford is presented
How do you lock out the gears?

ATLlienF150

First Name
Trevor
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 PowerBoost
Hey All,

I have a 21 Powerboost Lariat with the same issue. I recently had a 2 inch level with 35x11.5x20 ridge grapplers installed and it definitely got a little worse. I had an appointment set tomorrow at the dealership, but after reading through this forum I may just cancel. I really don't have the time to go back and forth with Ford only to have them tell me nothing is wrong. But I also know that me bringing it in will help make the issue more known to Ford. This is my first Ford and as I read how terrible Ford has handled this situation it makes me want to trade it in and never go back! Other than this issue I absolutely love my truck so I hope Ford can get their shit together and fix this.

JahWolf

Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost Smoked Quartz
Anybody having these issues on their 2022’s?

ATLlienF150

First Name
Trevor
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 PowerBoost
I am on my first tank using premium gas and it definitely helps. It doesn’t seem to be completely gone, but it’s not as aggressive when it does happen. Overall the truck does seem to run better on premium. Wish I had known this before buying this truck…

Advertisement

Advertisement