Transit time from Detroit to Granger?

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Shipped 7/20 and as of today per Ford performance chat it’s in Kansas City, 7/27. Really hoping I’m a lucky one that gets thrown on a truck and delivered soon!

Any insight on what exactly happens in Kansas?
Sponsored

Ambely

First Name
Amberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Searching 2021 f150
Occupation
Environmental Attorney
Talked with performance chat, my KR shipped 7/15 and has been in Kansas City since 7/22 with a revised ETA (originally 8/1) of 8/27. Ugh! I sure hope it arrives at Granger before then.

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Talked with performance chat, my KR shipped 7/15 and has been in Kansas City since 7/22 with a revised ETA (originally 8/1) of 8/27. Ugh! I sure hope it arrives at Granger before then.
So frustrating, wish there was someone to call in Kansas. Even if they said yeah there’s a shortage of drivers but we should have one around this date it would be better than nothing.

travekinman

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2010 BMW 325i wagon, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
So frustrating, wish there was someone to call in Kansas. Even if they said yeah there’s a shortage of drivers but we should have one around this date it would be better than nothing.
I'm thinking KC is a hub not just for trucks but other Ford vehicles. My estimated shipping to Granger is 20 days with ETA 0731-0806. That seems like a lot of days and I think it's because the variables going into that estimate are too numerous and presently unpredictable for those day estimates to be more definitive. Getting a product to market has become a whole lot more complicated than pre-covid days and I think Ford, like many other companies do not have a firm handle on it. There have been posts here that it only took as little as 4 days from Dearborn to Dealer and the tracker was not accurate. It's quite possible that your or my truck gets to KC before/after another 'built' from Dearborn but then sits there because additional vehicles are destined to arrive and be shipped to say Granger. So we wait, a day, 2 days, 3, 4, .... . Then, when it's time and all the vehicles are assembled the carrier is not available. The weather is not conducive. An Order is changed or some other unforeseen circumstance delays to another day. OR your or my truck gets offloaded at KC, the delivery truck is waiting, fully loaded except for one more slot. Your truck comes off the train and onto the delivery vehicle, papers are stamped and it's off to Granger. Who Knows?!?!

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I'm thinking KC is a hub not just for trucks but other Ford vehicles. My estimated shipping to Granger is 20 days with ETA 0731-0806. That seems like a lot of days and I think it's because the variables going into that estimate are too numerous and presently unpredictable for those day estimates to be more definitive. Getting a product to market has become a whole lot more complicated than pre-covid days and I think Ford, like many other companies do not have a firm handle on it. There have been posts here that it only took as little as 4 days from Dearborn to Dealer and the tracker was not accurate. It's quite possible that your or my truck gets to KC before/after another 'built' from Dearborn but then sits there because additional vehicles are destined to arrive and be shipped to say Granger. So we wait, a day, 2 days, 3, 4, .... . Then, when it's time and all the vehicles are assembled the carrier is not available. The weather is not conducive. An Order is changed or some other unforeseen circumstance delays to another day. OR your or my truck gets offloaded at KC, the delivery truck is waiting, fully loaded except for one more slot. Your truck comes off the train and onto the delivery vehicle, papers are stamped and it's off to Granger. Who Knows?!?!
Used to be a ton more action on this thread so I’m assuming everyone got their truck with that big truckload that showed up. Who else is in Kansas waiting?

Sponsored

Ambely

First Name
Amberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Searching 2021 f150
Occupation
Environmental Attorney
Hey flynavy, I am retired Navy and waiting on star white KR.

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Hey flynavy, I am retired Navy and waiting on star white KR.
Retired…? You probably have a lot more patience than me! I still think selling my truck before my last deployment was the right move though. Seems the trade in value cooled off 5-6K easily. So borrowing the wife’s for now. Just show up already!

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Mine just updated from In Production on 4/26 to Built on 7/30 and it says "shipped" (est 8/17)

Ambely

First Name
Amberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Searching 2021 f150
Occupation
Environmental Attorney
My estimates to sell my highlander have dropped. My delivery has changed again to between 8/26 to 9/1. It has been sitting in KC since 7/22. Delivery date has moved back again in the past week. Ugh. I don’t know why it takes so long to go the last 2 hrs.

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
My estimates to sell my highlander have dropped. My delivery has changed again to between 8/26 to 9/1. It has been sitting in KC since 7/22. Delivery date has moved back again in the past week. Ugh. I don’t know why it takes so long to go the last 2 hrs.
Wondering why your eta changed while mine didn’t, mine arrived on the 27th in Kansas. The fact that it’s a 2 hour truck drive away is driving me absolutely insane. I wish there was someone to call, even bad news would be better than sitting in the blind.

Sponsored

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you think there was a QC issue that they discovered?

On another note, I searched my Vin in Palsapp and it still shows as pending. I took delivery of my truck several weeks ago. So that tells you how worthless it is for Granger deliveries.

OP
OP

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Do you think there was a QC issue that they discovered?

On another note, I searched my Vin in Palsapp and it still shows as pending. I took delivery of my truck several weeks ago. So that tells you how worthless it is for Granger deliveries.
Supposedly they do some kind of "final QA" in KC, but I would assume your delay is more due to lack of drivers for that last haul from KC to Granger. My truck arrived in KC on 6/28, and then didn't arrive at Granger until July 11 along with ~20 other trucks. Chip mentioned they hadn't seen any deliveries for a good 2-3 weeks before that batch showed up and that they get zero communication.

Definitely a "sub optimal" process from a customer perspective, but not completely out of the question to assume Ford is using some vendor that doesn't track or report anything at the shipping yard since it was a non-issue to this point.

I also didn't get a darn thing in Palsapp, so basically my hitting refresh on that site 34829378 times did nothing other than contribute to global entropy.

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I also didn't get a darn thing in Palsapp, so basically my hitting refresh on that site 34829378 times did nothing other than contribute to global entropy.
I hope my work never looks into how much time I spent on Palsapp and Ford tracker. Haha

Ford F-150 Transit time from Detroit to Granger? tenor (1)

Ambely

First Name
Amberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Searching 2021 f150
Occupation
Environmental Attorney
I was thinking the same thing. I am actually working as a civilian environmental attorney for the Navy now.
Sponsored