Sponsored

Transit time from Detroit to Granger?

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Anyone have a recent Detroit build that went to Granger? I'm trying to time my flight booking out there to pickup my truck and have heard anecdotally that the delivery date estimation on the Ford tracker is generally pessimistic, but I'm not sure if that's the case from DTP to Granger.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My Dearborn build was shipped 6/2. Arrived at Granger 6/17.

Edit: Ford tracker was showing ETA 6/19

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
My truck arrived at the dealership a month before it was supposed to leave Dearborn.

I haven't found the info on the tracker tool to be very accurate.

JoeBlowFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat PB (Job 1)
@kavm had some issues back toward the end of the March with his sitting at the destination rail yard for a really long time before a transport came and brought it the rest of the way. I think his ended up being delivered after the ETA date.

Has Granger been able to confirm that shipment actually happened via a visibility report?

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I would like to know too since I've heard they are offering truck drivers incentives to deliver fast and early.

claytonr

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Mine shipped 6/20 and the Ford tracker is estimating 7/2 to 7/8 for delivery to Granger.

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platty PB, 18 Audi Q7, 12 Infy G37x
Occupation
IT Professional
Shipped 6/1. Arrived 6/17. Dearborn to KC by rail. Arrived in KC on 6/10. KC to Granger via road transport. Nobody could get updates at this point. The truck arrived at Granger on 6/17. Tracker ETA was July 3. This was a definitely pleasant surprise!!However, I was advised not to book in advance. Tracker ETA dates moved around so I am glad I did not make travel arrangements in advance and rebook.

OP
OP

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Shipped 6/1. Arrived 6/17. Dearborn to KC by rail. Arrived in KC on 6/10. KC to Granger via road transport. Nobody could get updates at this point. The truck arrived at Granger on 6/17. Tracker ETA was July 3. This was a definitely pleasant surprise!!However, I was advised not to book in advance. Tracker ETA dates moved around so I am glad I did not make travel arrangements in advance and rebook.
THanks! Were you able to identify the train and track the train arrival or was this all after the fact?

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
THanks! Were you able to identify the train and track the train arrival or was this all after the fact?
I was able to track the rail segment. After that it was a black hole. So IMHO this was a tease once the truck arrived at KC & was waiting to get loaded onto a trailer. The tracker ETA also changed to a week later but got delivered per the original schedule. The dealership is notified only on the day vehicle delivery is being made. Chip from Granger called me the moment it arrived and the check out was very smooth.

Sponsored

mj_in_ak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150, 2012 Honda Insight
I am coming from Alaska to Granger. Saved me over 9k ordering from Granger. In AK, the Ford dealer tacks on a 2k "dealers markup". They don't realize how ridiculous it is. Anyway, Granger gave a great deal, so I am headed there when my truck arrives.
Truck ordered 5/3, built 6/23 and in transit. Ford estimated deliver is 6/6 to 6/12. Can't wait!
Lariat, 502A, Anti-Matter Blue, FX-4, Max Tow, Hybrid, 7.2kw...very excited!
Have to drive it back to Seattle (will be a 2500 mile trip and visiting family on the way), but then put on a Barge back to Ak.

Southern Girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 74 Bronco
I just ordered a Tremor from Granger yesterday. Do they usually advise you to wait until the truck arrives before flying out?

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
I just ordered a Tremor from Granger yesterday. Do they usually advise you to wait until the truck arrives before flying out?
I was advised to wait until the truck arrives. I live in central FL and was tempted to book flight tickets in advance. However, I am glad I did not make travel arrangements as the dates change. Ironically, I am on the way back from Granger to home.
Sponsored