Sponsored

Trailer TPMS not remembering successful training/programming

tremorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Tremor
I've been searching through forums for this problem for hours and no one seems to have asked it.

I did all the steps to get my 2021 F150 tremor equipped with the trailer camera accessory package.

The camera works no problem, and they didn't send me a yaw sensor (even though I paid for one)

The issue is the trailer TPMS, which is always recognized by my truck. When I scroll to the trailer tire pressure screen, my truck prompts me to set it up, but no matter how many times I complete the set up process, it never saves!

My truck keeps telling me the procedure was completed and then as soon as I actually scroll back to that screen it just prompts me to set it up again. WTF IS GOING ON.

Side note: it originally worked 1 time the very first time I did it, but as soon as started actually driving, the pressure went away. After that it's never even shown me actual values for pressure or temperature.
Sponsored

GChurch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Tremor 402a
I've been searching through forums for this problem for hours and no one seems to have asked it.

I did all the steps to get my 2021 F150 tremor equipped with the trailer camera accessory package.

The camera works no problem, and they didn't send me a yaw sensor (even though I paid for one)

The issue is the trailer TPMS, which is always recognized by my truck. When I scroll to the trailer tire pressure screen, my truck prompts me to set it up, but no matter how many times I complete the set up process, it never saves!

My truck keeps telling me the procedure was completed and then as soon as I actually scroll back to that screen it just prompts me to set it up again. WTF IS GOING ON.

Side note: it originally worked 1 time the very first time I did it, but as soon as started actually driving, the pressure went away. After that it's never even shown me actual values for pressure or temperature.
This randomly affects me as well. One thing I’ve found that seems to work is to click ok to train, then the return button on the wheel and it syncs up. Pretty annoying but it works for me. Going to see if any forscan changes make it better. I’d been hoping an OTA would resolve it but that hasn’t happened yet.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Just a thought (my Trailer TPMS has worked flawlessly so far, both temp and pressure) How close did you mount the Trailer TPMS receiver box to your trailer axles? The box is a wired connection to the truck so it doesn't need to be near your truck (up to the limit of the cable provided), and should be as close as possible to your trailer tires.

OP
OP

tremorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Tremor
This randomly affects me as well. One thing I’ve found that seems to work is to click ok to train, then the return button on the wheel and it syncs up. Pretty annoying but it works for me. Going to see if any forscan changes make it better. I’d been hoping an OTA would resolve it but that hasn’t happened yet.
This was a very helpful workaround thank you! But still trying to figure it out. I tried moving the box and it seemed to get much worse, it may have something to do with the metal frame blocking the signal? I'll keep experimenting with different locations.

Arkos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
One thing I noticed when training the truck, the truck will honk the horn twice whether it recognized a sensor or not. If it honks quickly then it's good. I had to let out almost 15psi before it found each sensor. Then it was a short drive b before they all displayed.

Sponsored

bigredaggie

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Any resolution here? Driving me nuts! Seems like it can’t retain configuration after turning truck off and back on.

I’m also getting a “phantom dong” going on. I get the Ford dong nose randomly while driving. I’m pretty sure it has to do with the trailer tpms, but I haven’t disconnected the receiver yet to test. It doesn’t seem to occur at slow speeds, I sat in traffic today for 20 minutes and didn’t hear it, then it started up again as soon as I got up to 25-30 or so. I tried timing it to see if it was a consistent pattern, but it’s very random.

I have 1000 mile road trip on Friday and I was really really wanting tire pressure and temperature to monitor along the way

bigredaggie

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
No resolution yet, but just cross posting a write up I did on the issue after a cross country road trip towing a trailer. This does seem to be something you can live with if you want it bad enough as it is more or less functional, just buggy.

Post in thread 'Trailer camera'
https://www.f150tremor.com/threads/trailer-camera.1989/post-43845