Trailer towing issues

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
What ohms are on that shunt? Thing looks like it must get hot if it has a whole ass heatsink!

This should not effect the LED brightness as their forward bias current should be constant, but can you verify that they are still just as bright?
Putco 6ohm 50 watt...got on Amazon...same as one on etrailer.com...no visible difference in brightness
Sponsored

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
Putco 6ohm 50 watt...got on Amazon...same as one on etrailer.com...no visible difference in brightness
Bad thing is, it will not alert if there is an actual issue with your trailer light

Caferd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
I also am having problems with my alarm. Last night I locked the truck and left trailer attached. The alarm kept going off every five minutes.
I’m also hearing some actuator moving near steering wheel every few seconds??‍♂

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I also am having problems with my alarm. Last night I locked the truck and left trailer attached. The alarm kept going off every five minutes.
I’m also hearing some actuator moving near steering wheel every few seconds??‍♂
Hmm. I spent a weekend dry camping and overnight I left the 7-pin connected all night, and locked the truck. I did not have Propower running overnight since I couldn't predict when the engine would kick on. But I never experienced alarms.

One thing to note is that I force the truck to ask me "disable motion sensors?" on exit and I started that habit on day 1 bringing my truck home because people reported random alarms on this forum. I have not experienced a single false alarm, so I'm adding my experience as anecdotal (not definitive) evidence that it seems to help.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
My single axle (4 pin) connected to my 2021 sets the alarm off as well. Read somewhere there's a update available and have an appointment to see if that helps any

Sponsored

Caferd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
My single axle (4 pin) connected to my 2021 sets the alarm off as well. Read somewhere there's a update available and have an appointment to see if that helps any
The update fixed my alarm problem

junebuggnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew
I bought my 2021 F-150 in Jan and am having the same issue with locking the truck with a trailer (have tested with different trailers) and within 10 minutes the alarm goes off. Also, when sitting in the truck with the trailer attached and engine off, I hear something in the driver's area every 10-15 minutes or so an actuator or something cycling thru. Took the truck in for service and brought one of the offending trailers and was told that it was bad wiring on the trailer and the truck sensors not knowing how to interpret the error codes, so it triggers the alarm. Also, have not used the Pro Trailer Back Up Assist.

What is the info on the software update?

Kemper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Lariat / 2021 On Order
Occupation
Unifor EFAP
If anyone finds the solution please let us know. Just picked up my 2021 a couple weeks ago and I am having the same issues with my boat trailer.. It was fine with my 2019. Driving with the trailer light status on it is constantly switching back and forth from all good to a fault.
Sponsored