Sponsored

Trailer Tow vs Max Trailer Tow with Powerboost….

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
If you're a CDL driver you know what a real trailer feels like. I would no sooner pull 14k with a 150 than I would ride in a homemade submarine to see the titanic wreckage. 10k for a local run to the quarry or something maybe...
That's perhaps the best analogy I've heard yet! It's like the knuckleheads towing a 4500 lb trailer with a compact SUV...it might work, until it doesn't.
Sponsored

OP
OP

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
Personally, I have no desire to regularly pull 10K with a 150. I’ve owned a bunch of 150’s and 250’s. I just never felt comfortable hauling a really big load with a 150. If I was going to pull anything over 7500#’s very often, it would be hooked up to the back of a Super Duty with the Powerstroke.

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed 2021 F150 2.7L
Personally, I have no desire to regularly pull 10K with a 150. I’ve owned a bunch of 150’s and 250’s. I just never felt comfortable hauling a really big load with a 150. If I was going to pull anything over 7500#’s very often, it would be hooked up to the back of a Super Duty with the Powerstroke.
There's a tool for every job. I have a max trailer PB on order because I'll likely be at max payload every day. The bigger brakes may help they may not. I do know having the heaviest duty axle and brakes will make me feel better than the extra money in my pocket would. Plus I liked the wheels better. Not many would agree with me I'm sure but that's why all our trucks are different.
Sponsored