Sponsored

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
Here's the available trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage on the 2021 F-150.

The Trailer Coverage alerts if a vehicle is detected in blind spot of the truck or trailer.

Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors 2021 Ford F-150 Trailer Tow Mirrors BLIS Blind Spot Monitorin

Versus standard mirrors

Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors 1-f-150-standard-mirror-vs-trailer-tow-mirror-jpe
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT
I don't know if it's because it's next to the tow mirrors but the regular mirror looks really small, especially height wise. With that reduced vertical view I hope it has auto tilt when reversing!

On the other hand the trailer tow mirrors look great and adds a lot of function (BLIS). Can you tell which one Ford wants you to buy? ;)

Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
I'm definitely getting the trailer mirrors, but I suspect Ford wants you to get the standard mirrors for less wind resistance and better EPA rating.
They'll for sure provide the standard mirror for EPA testing purposes but they'll want customers to buy the trailer mirror for extra cost :D

Sonny f15021

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford f150 STX FX4
Here's the available trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage on the 2021 F-150.

The Trailer Coverage alerts if a vehicle is detected in blind spot of the truck or trailer.

2021 Ford F-150 Trailer Tow Mirrors BLIS Blind Spot Monitoring.jpeg

Versus standard mirrors

1-f-150-standard-mirror-vs-trailer-tow-mirror-jpeg.jpg
Or can I get them for the 21 f150

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I don't know if it's because it's next to the tow mirrors but the regular mirror looks really small, especially height wise. With that reduced vertical view I hope it has auto tilt when reversing!

On the other hand the trailer tow mirrors look great and adds a lot of function (BLIS). Can you tell which one Ford wants you to buy? ;)
Agree even if you don't tow, get the mirrors! The stock ones have no height at all, my Jeeps are better

Sponsored

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
How difficult is it to replace the standard mirrors with tow mirrors? I understand it is a bit more difficult with all of the power functions and heating. If I remember correctly the last gen had different wiring harnesses to the mirror.

I have been going back and forth between ordering a truck and searching dealer inventories for a similar model. I found one that checks almost every box except tow mirrors. I have them on my 2018 platinum and was unsure at first about them but now can't live without.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
How difficult is it to replace the standard mirrors with tow mirrors? I understand it is a bit more difficult with all of the power functions and heating. If I remember correctly the last gen had different wiring harnesses to the mirror.

I have been going back and forth between ordering a truck and searching dealer inventories for a similar model. I found one that checks almost every box except tow mirrors. I have them on my 2018 platinum and was unsure at first about them but now can't live without.
I cannot speak to how hard or easy it would be, but if it is a different wiring harness due to the power telescoping, it will be painful to run the new harness. On top of that, the OEM trailer mirrors with cameras usually run $1200 through the discounted Ford internet part departments. They cost $225 or $250 to add to your build from the factory.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The trailer tow mirrors cost me over $2k for my single cab long bed XLT, I went for the HDPP and when I did my build, upgrading the mirrors required Max Tow package, which duplicated much of the HDPP options. Unfortunately, now on the build site, HDPP requires Max Tow, so it’s less of a bargain package than it used to be. When Max Tow was a cheaper option, it was a bit more easy to justify but had I done my build today, I likely would go a different way.

Still, I am glad to be getting the larger mirrors, the only time that they will be annoying will be at night in the city or on the highway when some dufus has their brights on. As well as driving at sunrise and sunset away from the sun.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors 4A1795C9-709C-470A-B73E-083C3BFA3D83

I like to adjust my mirrors out; so that I can see my blind spot, the missing corner from the standard mirrors would really annoy me after a short drive in traffic.

Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors E1182FFF-99F4-4804-A7DA-6FB3FD68012B

I test drove a few different models of the new Honda Accord, the “Elf Ear” mirrors were so annoying that we wound up getting an Acura with normal mirrors which also had the V6 that was dropped from the new Accord.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
4A1795C9-709C-470A-B73E-083C3BFA3D83.jpeg

I like to adjust my mirrors out; so that I can see my blind spot, the missing corner from the standard mirrors would really annoy me after a short drive in traffic.

E1182FFF-99F4-4804-A7DA-6FB3FD68012B.jpeg

I test drove a few different models of the new Honda Accord, the “Elf Ear” mirrors were so annoying that we wound up getting an Acura with normal mirrors which also had the V6 that was dropped from the new Accord.

I'm not sure if the image in these mirrors is simulated (it probably is - the mountain ridgeline is the same in both pictures). If you look at the tow mirror, the lower convex mirror doesn't show anything more to the right/left than the upper mirror - it actually reveals less of that vehicle in the passing lane. I believe the convex mirror shows more in real life, at least that has been my experience in test drives. Seems like a poor marketing attempt here.

I agree with you Pedaldude - I don't like how they angled the inner edge of the standard mirror. Look how much of the image you loose.
Sponsored