Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Just talked to the parts department at the local dealership. He isn't 100% sure but believes that ML3Z-17696-DA does NOT include power fold. Says he could be wrong, but that it would be new if the 2021 includes power fold (when installed after factory). He is going to call Ford and double check. He also said that ML3Z-17696-DA is available and he can get it in 3 days.

Can anything confirm whether or not ML3Z-17696-DA includes power fold? That would be a deal breaker for me. Thanks!
Power fold is DA, see page 7 for the accessory price list: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/2021-f-150-accessories-list-price-f150gen14-pdf.945/
Sponsored

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I asked him what was meant by the word power in the description and he believes it is referring to power mirror (as opposed to power fold). He is double checking with Ford... hopefully he is wrong ?
There's only one 'power' option and three 'manual' for the tow mirrors. lol it isn't referring to the actual mirror lens itself.

edit, @YzermanTopShelf, did the dealer confirm that is the case? Just trying to confirm for future reference.

Last edited:

Roger1108

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 F250 Turbo Diesel,2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
There's only one 'power' option and three 'manual' for the tow mirrors. lol it isn't referring to the actual mirror lens itself.

edit, @YzermanTopShelf, did the dealer confirm that is the case? Just trying to confirm for future reference.
I have no idea on the model number for the tow mirrors, but my order for my 2021 Lariat shows:
Exterior Mirrors
Power-Folding, PowerScope Telescoping, Power Glass Trailer Tow Mirrors with Heat, Turn Signal, Memory, Auto-Dimming Feature (Driver's Side), High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, LED Sideview mirror Spotlights and Black Skull Caps

RWATE

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I saw an image of this part which included an extra button for what I believe is the power extension. I’m curious about the need to recalibrate the camera.

Sponsored

SaskRiders

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat, 2017 Edge, 1989 Honda HA2
This is my 3rd order. My 09 and my present 2015 i had the regular mirrors. Had to purchase slid on mirror extensions for when pulling the camper and enclosed sled trailer. This time I went with the tow mirrors on a Lariat. Only concern I have ever had with these is sometimes they look like Mickey Mouse ears coming down the highway. I do believe the regular mirrors on the 2021s are to small.

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I have a 21 Powerboost Lariat with standard mirrors (with BLIS, zone lighting and power folding) and they are comically small. The standard mirrors on my previous 17 Raptor were perfectly adequate for me to see the top of my trailer when towing but with the new truck, I cannot see the top at all (I need to, as I snake the trailer into its parking spot and cannot hit the top against my garage). Not sure why Ford would 'downgrade' mirrors in the newer model.

Anyway, I took the leap and ordered these (low price was tempting):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VP4S6QC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They say they are for 15-18 only, but they are 22 pin so I figure they should work with the 21 trucks as well. They supposedly have BLIS and temp sensor, so the only functionality I will lose from my standard mirrors is power folding. My trailer is only 7 feet wide so figured I can live with manual telescope if I ever do need to push the mirrors out.

I'll report back once I attempt the install.

Last edited:

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
This is my 3rd order. My 09 and my present 2015 i had the regular mirrors. Had to purchase slid on mirror extensions for when pulling the camper and enclosed sled trailer. This time I went with the tow mirrors on a Lariat. Only concern I have ever had with these is sometimes they look like Mickey Mouse ears coming down the highway. I do believe the regular mirrors on the 2021s are to small.
This is why I ordered the tow mirrors. The factory mirrors do look way too small to me. I like the tow mirrors way more than I did the regular mirrors on my '20 XLT. I have to be somewhat careful backing into my garage as the mirrors are a little crowded (just not used to them yet)...even though my garage doors are 10' wide.

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I have a 21 Powerboost Lariat with standard mirrors (with BLIS, zone lighting and power folding) and they are comically small. The standard mirrors on my previous 17 Raptor were perfectly adequate for me to see the top of my trailer when towing but with the new truck, I cannot see the top at all (I need to, as I snake the trailer into its parking spot and cannot hit the top against my garage). Not sure why Ford would 'downgrade' mirrors in the newer model.

Anyway, I took the leap and ordered these (low price was tempting):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VP4S6QC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They say they are for 15-18 only, but they are 22 pin so I figure they should work with the 21 trucks as well. They supposedly have BLIS and temp sensor, so the only functionality I will lose from my standard mirrors is power folding. My trailer is only 7 feet wide so figured I can live with manual telescope if I ever do need to push the mirrors out.

I'll report back once I attempt the install.
Ok these mirrors came in. Excellent quality but no dice. Even though they are 22 pin the pins aren’t wired right on them. Only left and up would work, mirrors refused to move the other way. Blis was also non functional.

im willing to spring for OEM. My lariat has power folding, blis, zone lighting bulbs but no camera. Do I need ML3Z–17696–BA or CA? If I get the CA (cameras) will I be able to activate 360 camera via forscan as I currently don’t have it? Or if that’s a non starter I can save $$ and get the BA. I’m ok losing power fold but want to retain blis and puddle lights.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Has anyone actually ordered these, received them, and installed them on a 2021?

Sponsored

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost

Tyler17

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
This pic is off parts.ford.com. It looks to me like these mirrors come with the trim piece and the switch for power telescoping. I may be wrong though. My truck doesn’t have the 360° camera deal, if I get the cameras in the mirrors, can they be activated on my truck?
Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors 7C5BE10D-FA30-4383-A6D2-4FD426946C47

Tyler17

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Who said this or where did you hear this? I'm not hearing the same info... I was about to order these today but I dont want my money sitting in limbo.

Here's the full list of part numbers from Ford

Manual/No BLIS®/No Camera ML3Z–17696–AA
Manual/BLISs/No Camera ML3Z–17696–BA
Manual/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–CA
Electrical Power/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–DA
Do all of them have the zone lighting lights?

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
im willing to spring for OEM. My lariat has power folding, blis, zone lighting bulbs but no camera. Do I need ML3Z–17696–BA or CA? If I get the CA (cameras) will I be able to activate 360 camera via forscan as I currently don’t have it? Or if that’s a non starter I can save $$ and get the BA. I’m ok losing power fold but want to retain blis and puddle lights.
Im sure you would be able to enable it, but do you have the forward facing cameras as well? What about the bed camera, does the 360 use that as well?