Sponsored

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I’m not referring to blind spot as in the rear of the truck I mean when looking out to where I’m going the mirror obstructs the view and I can miss oncoming cars in intersection

If anything, the tow mirrors cut your blind spots by probably 95% compared to standard mirrors.
Sponsored

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
I’m not referring to blind spot as in the rear of the truck I mean when looking out to where I’m going the mirror obstructs the view and I can miss oncoming cars in intersection
I’ve never had that happen to me. I really don’t see how that could be an issue, but I am 6’4”, so maybe my eyes see over the mirrors? I have no regrets going with the tow mirrors.

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT FX4 Lead Foot Gray
Occupation
Engineer
For everyone's info I have confirmed part # for Tow Mirrors to add on if you don't have but want.

ML3Z-17696CA $500-700. Black mirrors with 360 camera, heated, BLIS, power adjust, manual extend

ML3Z-17696DA $1200-1500 depending on dealer. Chrome capped mirrors. Power adjust, BLIS, heated, 360 camera. Power extend.

Hope this helps. Not available for purchase yet outside factory option.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Again, nonissue, but could depend on your height. If you are one of those folks where people do a double take to see if there’s a driver behind the wheel, you might have an issue. I suggest going to a dealer and sitting in either an F150 or a Superduty truck with towing mirrors. The cab sizes and formats are identical for all Ford pickups in terms of where the driver sits and placement of the mirror, so it will tell you what you need to know.

JCU Delt Ox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Raptor
For everyone's info I have confirmed part # for Tow Mirrors to add on if you don't have but want.

ML3Z-17696CA $500-700. Black mirrors with 360 camera, heated, BLIS, power adjust, manual extend

ML3Z-17696DA $1200-1500 depending on dealer. Chrome capped mirrors. Power adjust, BLIS, heated, 360 camera. Power extend.

That's a huge jump in price just for chrome caps and power extend. I had the power extend take a poop on my Super Duty and the mechanism isn't user serviceable. A lot riding on the performance of plastic cogs. Plus, no need for added controls for those of us with standard mirrors to manually extend. I'm in for $700.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Again, nonissue, but could depend on your height. If you are one of those folks where people do a double take to see if there’s a driver behind the wheel, you might have an issue. I suggest going to a dealer and sitting in either an F150 or a Superduty truck with towing mirrors. The cab sizes and formats are identical for all Ford pickups in terms of where the driver sits and placement of the mirror, so it will tell you what you need to know.

went with the tow mirrors haha

stevie605

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 302a F150 2.7
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Do the tow mirrors come with the same lights for zone lighting as the standard mirrors?
As far as I can tell yes. I don’t have much of a reason right now to use zone lighting. I turned it on once to make sure it worked and it did.

Derekmc626

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 lariat 2021
Occupation
Gas

where did you confirm that
ML3Z-17696DA has blis I’ve seen a bunch of descriptions that just say
The only information listed is "Bright Chrome. Dual Pwr/ htd/ mem/ fld/ E'chr/ pud lamp, front/ side/ rear view camera.
I wanna buy these but wanna make sure they had blis and turn signal , my mirrors now have the same exact description and are the reg mirrors not tow

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Not available for purchase yet outside factory option.
Who said this or where did you hear this? I'm not hearing the same info... I was about to order these today but I dont want my money sitting in limbo.

The only information listed is "Bright Chrome. Dual Pwr/ htd/ mem/ fld/ E'chr/ pud lamp, front/ side/ rear view camera.
I wanna buy these but wanna make sure they had blis and turn signal , my mirrors now have the same exact description and are the reg mirrors not tow
Here's the full list of part numbers from Ford

Manual/No BLIS®/No Camera ML3Z–17696–AA
Manual/BLISs/No Camera ML3Z–17696–BA
Manual/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–CA
Electrical Power/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–DA

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Who said this or where did you hear this? I'm not hearing the same info... I was about to order these today but I dont want my money sitting in limbo.

Here's the full list of part numbers from Ford

Manual/No BLIS®/No Camera ML3Z–17696–AA
Manual/BLISs/No Camera ML3Z–17696–BA
Manual/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–CA
Electrical Power/BLIS/with Camera ML3Z–17696–DA
Parts guy at my local Ford dealer found the part #. He couldn't even order the parts as they aren't officially an accessory yet. He stated its common with new model years. Also called a Ford parts site who listed them for sale. Called them as I wanted to verify they had them.. Customer service rep stated they never received a stock of them. I could order them but no telling when the will fill the order.

I could be wrong and got bad info. However I haven't heard a single person confirm they were able to purchase and actually receive them outside factory option.

By all means order them off a site if you want. However you may want to call them first and verify as I did. I tow a 25 foot travel trailer and could really use these mirrors.

Sponsored

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Ford part guy at my dealership. This is a truck specialty dealer. We spent an hour together on this. Luckily he was a decent guy and spent that time. I asked to verify and he did.

Derekmc626

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 lariat 2021
Occupation
Gas
Ford part guy at my dealership. This is a truck specialty dealer. We spent an hour together on this. Luckily he was a decent guy and spent that time. I asked to verify and he did.
So that part number ML3Z-17696DA kit is the correct part for tow mirrors ? If it is 1600 for the kit thru dealer is nOt bad at all and I’ll order ASAP lol just don’t want to be wrong and get charged 15% restocking fee

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I could be wrong and got bad info. However I haven't heard a single person confirm they were able to purchase and actually receive them outside factory option.
Nah, that makes sense, thanks. My local parts folks are telling me these are a direct ship items, meaning there wont be any stock for a long time (until they're ahead on production).

So that part number ML3Z-17696DA kit is the correct part for tow mirrors ? If it is 1600 for the kit thru dealer is nOt bad at all and I’ll order ASAP lol just don’t want to be wrong and get charged 15% restocking fee
If you have Electrical Power fold, BLIS, and 360 Camera; yes, ML3Z–17696–DA is the correct number.

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
ML3Z-17696-CA is for non power fold mirrors with Blis and 360 camera( basically XLT trim and lower lariat trim)$700

ML3Z-17696-DA is for power fold , blis, 360 and chrome caps (basically higher lariat and up trims) $1500

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
Just talked to the parts department at the local dealership. He isn't 100% sure but believes that ML3Z-17696-DA does NOT include power fold. Says he could be wrong, but that it would be new if the 2021 includes power fold (when installed after factory). He is going to call Ford and double check. He also said that ML3Z-17696-DA is available and he can get it in 3 days.

Can anything confirm whether or not ML3Z-17696-DA includes power fold? That would be a deal breaker for me. Thanks!
Sponsored