Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I ended up custom ordering my 21 King Ranch because I wanted the tow mirrors after test driving several trucks without them. After receiving the truck, I can't say enough how happy I am with the decision. There is SO MUCH more visibility and having the convex mirror at the bottom makes parking, maneuvering, avoiding curbs, etc far easier. I kind of wish the fold motor and action was a little faster but that's a minor nit.
Sponsored

stevie605

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 302a F150 2.7
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I managed to find someone willing to trade tow mirrors for standard mirrors on my 302a. we have almost the same options (blis, lane keep, zone light, 360 camera, heated). the only things I am missing is the power fold/extend. He had a platinum. I am going to put them on today and see if it works out. Will post more later tonight.

Luigi

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Hey all!
This has prevented me from getting a truck off the lot as well.

I am buying this truck to tow our new travel trailer, upgrading from a Tacoma. The dealers here have similar truck to what I want but no tow mirror. I have been digging around to see if you can install tow mirrors after the fact WITH 360 system in place. There is 1 truck that fits the bill except for the mirrors. Its over my budget because they have a sun roof (i dont use sun roofs) but if i can get the dealer to knock the price down to cover the cost of the tow mirrors then i might take it.

Does anyone know if you can get the mirrors with 360 from ford parts?

I am being very picky with this truck and if it comes down to it I will just build one and wait it out. The tacoma isnt going to die any time soon :D I will just have to rent a truck to take the trailer when it arrives.

bb12

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, Tacoma, FJ40
Has anyone noticed wind noise with the tow mirrors? The cabs are super quiet on these trucks, but I can here some wind noise I assume is from the mirrors.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Has anyone noticed wind noise with the tow mirrors? The cabs are super quiet on these trucks, but I can here some wind noise I assume is from the mirrors.
I’ve had this type of mirror since 16, and no noise. I wouldn’t ever drive a truck without them. Honestly the regular mirrors are too small imho. I don’t tow, yet I still order these.

Reactions: Dan

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
This is why I am leaning towards ordering versus inventory off the lot, want the tow mirrors on a 302a.

stevie605

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 302a F150 2.7
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Hey all!
This has prevented me from getting a truck off the lot as well.

I am buying this truck to tow our new travel trailer, upgrading from a Tacoma. The dealers here have similar truck to what I want but no tow mirror. I have been digging around to see if you can install tow mirrors after the fact WITH 360 system in place. There is 1 truck that fits the bill except for the mirrors. Its over my budget because they have a sun roof (i dont use sun roofs) but if i can get the dealer to knock the price down to cover the cost of the tow mirrors then i might take it.

Does anyone know if you can get the mirrors with 360 from ford parts?

I am being very picky with this truck and if it comes down to it I will just build one and wait it out. The tacoma isnt going to die any time soon :D I will just have to rent a truck to take the trailer when it arrives.

yes you can order the mirrors from ford parts but be ready to spend $3400 us+ just for the set of mirrors. microchip shortage is not your friend right now.

stevie605

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 302a F150 2.7
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser

i changed from standard mirrors to tow mirrors and i have no issues with wind noise at all.

Luigi

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
yes you can order the mirrors from ford parts but be ready to spend $3400 us+ just for the set of mirrors. microchip shortage is not your friend right now.
Ooooff heh i was going to negotiate that with the dealer off the price of one of the lot trucks

At this point im going to order. I was tow mirrors and 302a as well :)

Who knows I might even hold out to see what Toyota releases later this year.

fourZero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
It’s nowhere near that, the mirrors are ML3Z-17696-DA for BLIS/camera version. $1600 MSRP for the pair, selling for just over $1200. Only issue is nobody has any in stock right now.

Sponsored

Tcdrumr

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A Guard SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
Occupation
IT Engineer
I used Ford’s Search Inventory site to find my truck with the tow mirrors on the lot and drove 75 miles to get it. Absolutely worth it. The site shows the computer build and if you look close enough you can see which ones have the tow mirrors already on them. Put in the trim/level first to narrow it down then look at the pics. May have to expand your search area. There were 5 within 100 miles of me when I looked, saw the Guard and was on the phone making an appt to drive it.

As far as swapping up to tow mirrors, I did that on my 2018 and the mirrors themselves swap out easy, however there are two other parts to the puzzle. You need a new door switch which adds the power extend functionality. I haven’t seen anyone mention that for the 2021 but the switch set is different obviously than the 2018. That was plug and play too.

The other problem which I had to go back and forth with the dealer on was to reprogram the system for the 360 cameras since the cameras were in a physically different spot than the non-tow mirrors which caused the alignment issues with the views. After they flashed it using a VIN of one with mirrors it was good to go. Again probably too early to tell on the 2021s but wanted to share my experience.

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
I managed to find someone willing to trade tow mirrors for standard mirrors on my 302a. we have almost the same options (blis, lane keep, zone light, 360 camera, heated). the only things I am missing is the power fold/extend. He had a platinum. I am going to put them on today and see if it works out. Will post more later tonight.
Do the tow mirrors come with the same lights for zone lighting as the standard mirrors?

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
curious if people w/ the Tow Mirrors experience a blind spot when turning left in intersections.