Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I don't know if it's because it's next to the tow mirrors but the regular mirror looks really small, especially height wise. With that reduced vertical view I hope it has auto tilt when reversing!

On the other hand the trailer tow mirrors look great and adds a lot of function (BLIS). Can you tell which one Ford wants you to buy? ;)
I thought the trailer BLIS was there regardless of which mirrors you had. Are you saying it is not?
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I thought the trailer BLIS was there regardless of which mirrors you had. Are you saying it is not?
That's my understanding as well, regular mirrors work fine. And they even waterfalled it down to the XLT this time. It was not an option on my gen13 XLT 302a which really made me consider a Lariat at the time just for that feature alone. (but I was on too much of a budget to justify it)

jiggadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
Trailer tow mirrors are so much better in my opinion. Can see more behind you, the convex mirror shows more of the blind spot area, can see parking spot lines when backing up, and can see the trailer tires when towing. Obvious things I know but overall increased safety and more awareness of what’s going on around you.

Expowerguy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Trailer tow mirrors are so much better in my opinion. Can see more behind you, the convex mirror shows more of the blind spot area, can see parking spot lines when backing up, and can see the trailer tires when towing. Obvious things I know but overall increased safety and more awareness of what’s going on around you.
Yep, love the tow mirrors! Only trouble with a new XLT is you only get the manual extend and stow mirrors. You have to go to a lariat to get all power mirrors.

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I cannot speak to how hard or easy it would be, but if it is a different wiring harness due to the power telescoping, it will be painful to run the new harness. On top of that, the OEM trailer mirrors with cameras usually run $1200 through the discounted Ford internet part departments. They cost $225 or $250 to add to your build from the factory.
$570 in canada

Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Yep, love the tow mirrors! Only trouble with a new XLT is you only get the manual extend and stow mirrors. You have to go to a lariat to get all power mirrors.
Except the Lariat sport still comes with chrome skull caps, can’t believe they won’t let you swap that out.

Sonny f15021

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford f150 STX FX4
Here's the available trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage on the 2021 F-150.

The Trailer Coverage alerts if a vehicle is detected in blind spot of the truck or trailer.

2021 Ford F-150 Trailer Tow Mirrors BLIS Blind Spot Monitoring.jpeg

Versus standard mirrors

1-f-150-standard-mirror-vs-trailer-tow-mirror-jpeg.jpg
I'm currently looking for oem tow mirrors on 21 f150

Ford F-150 Trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) vs Standard Mirrors 20210219_185251

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
I'm currently looking for oem tow mirrors on 21 f150

20210219_185251.jpg
Same. I’ve seen 2 XLT, one with and without tow mirrors and I regret not adding it during my ordering process. It is too late now.

I just hope Ford doesn’t milk us for the OEM pair. I don’t need the motorized telescope functions but I want to keep the heating, light, BLIS and power adjust.

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Here's the available trailer tow mirrors with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage on the 2021 F-150.

The Trailer Coverage alerts if a vehicle is detected in blind spot of the truck or trailer.

2021 Ford F-150 Trailer Tow Mirrors BLIS Blind Spot Monitoring.jpeg

Versus standard mirrors

1-f-150-standard-mirror-vs-trailer-tow-mirror-jpeg.jpg
I liked the trailer tow mirrors myself, that's why I ordered my truck. I could not find a 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 with Trailer Tow Mirrors on which I was looking for in Ruby Red 0r Black. I went with Black, FX4 Black Appearance, Sport Appearance, 5.0L V8, Twin Panel Moonroof, Max Tow Package, Trailer Tow Mirrors plus all the 360 stuff. Which brings me to ask you about the Black Skull Caps on your mirrors. Did you get them like that or did you buy the Black Skull Caps after market and put them on yourself? If so what website? Nobody can give me an answer on the Ford 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 Black Appearance Package along with the Sport Appearance Package if the Trailer Tow Mirrors come with Black Skull Caps or not. Everyone on the forum here, says they all come with the Chrome Skull Caps. It's pretty stupid if you ask me, they come with Chrome and not Black on an ALL BLACK TRUCK. Still going to keep my fingers cross. Still waiting on a VIN #. Ordered March 1st 2021, two weeks today.

Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
New to F150's (and to Ford, for that matter). With the power trailer tow mirrors, I'm assuming the top mirror is what is power adjusted, while the lower (wide angle) mirror is adjustable but only by manually orienting it. Is that correct...or is that lower mirror fixed in place? Thanks!

Jack

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I liked the trailer tow mirrors myself, that's why I ordered my truck. I could not find a 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 with Trailer Tow Mirrors on which I was looking for in Ruby Red 0r Black. I went with Black, FX4 Black Appearance, Sport Appearance, 5.0L V8, Twin Panel Moonroof, Max Tow Package, Trailer Tow Mirrors plus all the 360 stuff. Which brings me to ask you about the Black Skull Caps on your mirrors. Did you get them like that or did you buy the Black Skull Caps after market and put them on yourself? If so what website? Nobody can give me an answer on the Ford 2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 Black Appearance Package along with the Sport Appearance Package if the Trailer Tow Mirrors come with Black Skull Caps or not. Everyone on the forum here, says they all come with the Chrome Skull Caps. It's pretty stupid if you ask me, they come with Chrome and not Black on an ALL BLACK TRUCK. Still going to keep my fingers cross. Still waiting on a VIN #. Ordered March 1st 2021, two weeks today.
You can order the black caps for them for $50 and have the dealer put them on when the truck gets delivered. I have another thread on here talking about the skull caps with the part numbers.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
New to F150's (and to Ford, for that matter). With the power trailer tow mirrors, I'm assuming the top mirror is what is power adjusted, while the lower (wide angle) mirror is adjustable but only by manually orienting it. Is that correct...or is that lower mirror fixed in place? Thanks!

Jack
The lower convex mirror can be adjusted manually up/down and left/right.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I love them so far but that dang passenger side chrome cap got me again today! It is so shiny that it reflects cars in the oncoming lane, and makes me think it is behind me in my rear view mirror on the passenger side. Until I look over and see nothing, only to realize I was fooled again in my peripheral vision by the stupid chrome cap!

Anyway they are awesome so far for daily use (except for that one gripe) and can't wait to see how helpful they are telescoped when towing. Hope to grab the trailer and tinker next month.

NorCalHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR Powerboost
Occupation
Management Advisory Consulting
I love them so far but that dang passenger side chrome cap got me again today! It is so shiny that it reflects cars in the oncoming lane, and makes me think it is behind me in my rear view mirror on the passenger side. Until I look over and see nothing, only to realize I was fooled again in my peripheral vision by the stupid chrome cap!

Anyway they are awesome so far for daily use (except for that one gripe) and can't wait to see how helpful they are telescoped when towing. Hope to grab the trailer and tinker next month.
I currently have the telescoping trailer tow mirrors on my 2015 & love them. I hardly ever needed to extend them since they have such great visibility anyhow. On my 2021 & couldn't bring myself to pay $1,200 to add them since they make you add the $1015 360 camera package to get them. I'm sure I'll regret not getting them, but it was just too much & really frustrating they couldn't be added by themselves. It would make sense for them to come with the max tow package.
Sponsored