ricko24

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Took it to camping world and connected several 7-pin connectors from travel trailers on the lot...no warnings. So it’s not the truck and had to do with the AS. Have a call in to my RV dealer...they have a legit trailer guy that can walk me through a couple of things to look at to remedy the warning message... more to come.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ricko24

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I added a resistor to the the airstream right tail lamp and no longer get the error. All fixed I guess.

BTW - At first didn’t work...thought it was odd no heat coming from resistor and was still getting error...used multimeter to confirm wiring and what do you know airstream used wrong wire. Once I connected to correct wire the resistor got hot and error went away.

Ford F-150 Trailer Right Turn Lamp Fault 1B0D98B0-90AE-4C3B-A4A7-845D9B83D568

Homeworks1931

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 super crew
Occupation
Contractor
I just traded my 18 F150 super crew in last week for the 21 version. I’m having an odd trailer light issue as well, wondering if anyone had any insight.
I hauled my galvanized dump trailer to a job site Monday morning with my 18. No issues as usual.This trailer isn’t quite a year old yet, and I’ve never had a problem. Traded the truck Monday afternoon, and when I hooked onto the dump trailer with the 21 Tuesday morning, checked the lights and all was good. Headed down the road and got the “trailer light module fault” warning. I pulled over, checked the lights again, everything seemed to work so I continued on. The warning continued to pop up every 20 seconds or so. I’d hit ok, clear it and it would come back. Luckily I didn’t have far to go. When I got back to the site, I got one of my guys to help me check. When I hooked up and checked the lights, all was good. As soon as I pull the truck in gear, I lose both signal lights and brake lights. Back in park, they work. Also, as soon as I shift out of park, the trailer marker lights come on. This is my sixth F150 since 07, and I’ve never had one do that before. And yes, since it’s a new truck I took it back to the dealer, but so far they’ve got nothing. The “tech network” says it must be trailer related, and that would make sense because my 13 year old enclosed cargo trailer works no problem. It just doesn’t add up to me because my 18 had no problems, and I took both the truck and trailer to the dealer and they tried a 19 they had there and it worked fine. But another 21 they had on the lot did the same thing as mine. It doesn’t make many sense to me at all. Any thoughts? Side note, one of my guys hooked his 18 GMC up last week just to see, and the trailer lights worked fine.
Ford F-150 Trailer Right Turn Lamp Fault 81F8F401-53B6-4EFB-8C3D-B0546AC813F3

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
I added a resistor to the the airstream right tail lamp and no longer get the error. All fixed I guess.

BTW - At first didn’t work...thought it was odd no heat coming from resistor and was still getting error...used multimeter to confirm wiring and what do you know airstream used wrong wire. Once I connected to correct wire the resistor got hot and error went away.

1B0D98B0-90AE-4C3B-A4A7-845D9B83D568.jpeg
Looks like you have an LED light on the trailer. There are posts on another thread talking about getting errors on the truck when the trailer has LED lights. Might be the same issue.

Twilighthan

First Name
Twilight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I Started having this error show up. I had to push the 7pin from inside the bumper to get rid of it. Once in a while, it'll say Trailer disconnected, and I have to get back inside the bumper, and wiggle things around. Mine may be a different issue, but same symptoms. Very annoying.

Sponsored

smackit

First Name
Mister Smith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have a new 2021 F150 Lariat. It replaced my 2015 F150 Lariat. My trailer is a 2021 Forest River Surveyor 240BHLE Camping Trailer. Towed the camper about 1500 miles with the 2015 F150 without ever having any kind of error message. First time towing with the 2021 Lariat and I keep getting the "Trailer Right Turn Lamps Fault Check Lamps" message. The trailer worked fine with my 2015, it's only been a week or so since I last towed it. There must be something wrong with the 2021 Ford F150.

atgill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport Pkg 4X4 5.0
Occupation
Retired, USW Local 369
I get the same pulling a 16ft fishing boat. I think mine has something do to with the 7 pin plug. I unplug the boat trailer pigtail and leave the 7 pin in I will get this message.
I have a long pigtail coming from truck because the boat trailer wires are short

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport FX4, 3.5LEB, Carbonized Gray
I had this error with my 18' fishing boat trailer. Got my first recall on the truck a week later to reflash heated mirror and integrated trailer relay module (FSA 21B08). After I completed the service, it fixed the issue.

Mark150

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I just traded my 18 F150 super crew in last week for the 21 version. I’m having an odd trailer light issue as well, wondering if anyone had any insight.
I hauled my galvanized dump trailer to a job site Monday morning with my 18. No issues as usual.This trailer isn’t quite a year old yet, and I’ve never had a problem. Traded the truck Monday afternoon, and when I hooked onto the dump trailer with the 21 Tuesday morning, checked the lights and all was good. Headed down the road and got the “trailer light module fault” warning. I pulled over, checked the lights again, everything seemed to work so I continued on. The warning continued to pop up every 20 seconds or so. I’d hit ok, clear it and it would come back. Luckily I didn’t have far to go. When I got back to the site, I got one of my guys to help me check. When I hooked up and checked the lights, all was good. As soon as I pull the truck in gear, I lose both signal lights and brake lights. Back in park, they work. Also, as soon as I shift out of park, the trailer marker lights come on. This is my sixth F150 since 07, and I’ve never had one do that before. And yes, since it’s a new truck I took it back to the dealer, but so far they’ve got nothing. The “tech network” says it must be trailer related, and that would make sense because my 13 year old enclosed cargo trailer works no problem. It just doesn’t add up to me because my 18 had no problems, and I took both the truck and trailer to the dealer and they tried a 19 they had there and it worked fine. But another 21 they had on the lot did the same thing as mine. It doesn’t make many sense to me at all. Any thoughts? Side note, one of my guys hooked his 18 GMC up last week just to see, and the trailer lights worked fine.
81F8F401-53B6-4EFB-8C3D-B0546AC813F3.jpeg
I have a similar issue. After repeatedly getting the fault message, I realized the trailer faulted whenever the truck lights were turned on. If the truck lights are off, the trailer lights work perfectly. I’ve had the truck less than a month. It’s a 2021. Ford says it’s a trailer issue, but the trailer works fine with a 2019 vehicle.

Hawkeye

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Occupation
Military
As discussed elsewhere, are there LED lamps on the trailer? Ford's whole trailer system relies on power draw to determine if a trailer is connected. LEDs draw less of a load than normal incandescent bulbs. I had this same issue on my 2019 Super Duty with my 2019 Imagine trailer that had LEDs.

https://www.amazon.com/Tow-Ready-20142-7-Flat-Adapter/dp/B00C4AYR3U

I haven't tested the trailer with my new 2021 F150, which means I need to do that today so I can order the above item in time.

Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
As discussed elsewhere, are there LED lamps on the trailer? Ford's whole trailer system relies on power draw to determine if a trailer is connected. LEDs draw less of a load than normal incandescent bulbs. I had this same issue on my 2019 Super Duty with my 2019 Imagine trailer that had LEDs.

https://www.amazon.com/Tow-Ready-20142-7-Flat-Adapter/dp/B00C4AYR3U

I haven't tested the trailer with my new 2021 F150, which means I need to do that today so I can order the above item in time.
This could be super helpful to me. My boat trailer is a 2020 model with all LED lights. I've had intermittent issues with the right turn, then left turn signal fault. Yesterday was most frustrating as driving down the freeway, after nearly 140 miles of towing, getting both turn signal errors, I got "trailer disconnected" error. A few miles later, pulled in to a park and ride to check, and, of course, all lights were completely fine. I didn't even disconnect and reconnect, just had my son verify by inspection as I tested all the functions. After verifying, I did disconnect/reconnect to make sure the truck had a chance to resync. So annoying. To top it off, backing the trailer in the drive way to park it, my reverse sensing was all messed up. Even though I was in tow mode, had an active trailer selected, when I was backing up, the rear proximity measure was blaring away convinced I was going to hit the trailer. I even stopped and re-started the truck to no avail. I'm going to try one of these to see if it doesn't address the issue. The truck pulls the trailer so well, and I couldn't be happier. But, yesterday, I was so frustrated with the electronics side of it.

Bigfish1

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Millwright
Hey guys - just setting up my new Lariat PB to tow my Airstream...everything was good until I got this message. I checked all the Trailer turn signals and they both work fine when Im hooked up. Power to my Airstream's BT rear camera, trailer brakes, side marker lights and as mentioned the turn signal lamps. The truck recognized that the trailer was connected and did al the enabling/disabling of the different systems.

The message keeps coming up even after I acknowledge it by hitting OK. Sometimes it goes away sometime I have to hit the OK. Also took a picture of the plug on the F150 and the the 7-way from the Airstream. I am going to look up the 7 way plug diagram and see if there is something off...but everything works. Anybody have an idea?

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_1904.JPG
Did you ever get a fix for your issue?? I am having the same issue and also getting Trailer light module fault and my alarm keeps going off saying trailer disconnected if I leave any of my trailers connected. It’s going to the dealer next week. I have changed adapters, have 3 trailers of my own plus towed someone else’s and they all do the same thing. Really pissing me off that a brand new truck can’t tow a trailer without setting off alerts and r the alarm at all hours of the day or night.

TWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I have a similar issue. After repeatedly getting the fault message, I realized the trailer faulted whenever the truck lights were turned on. If the truck lights are off, the trailer lights work perfectly. I’ve had the truck less than a month. It’s a 2021. Ford says it’s a trailer issue, but the trailer works fine with a 2019 vehicle.
Did you ever get a fix for your issue?? I am having the same issue and also getting Trailer light module fault and my alarm keeps going off saying trailer disconnected if I leave any of my trailers connected. It’s going to the dealer next week. I have changed adapters, have 3 trailers of my own plus towed someone else’s and they all do the same thing. Really pissing me off that a brand new truck can’t tow a trailer without setting off alerts and r the alarm at all hours of the day or night.
I also have the same trailer light module fault issue with my 2021. I tow four different late model trailers and all have this same problem. The lights on these trailers worked perfectly with my 2016 F150. The dealer has already replaced the tailer light module (two days in the shop) but that did not fix the problem. In my case it is not a trailer issue.

OP
OP
ricko24

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I also have the same trailer light module fault issue with my 2021. I tow four different late model trailers and all have this same problem. The lights on these trailers worked perfectly with my 2016 F150. The dealer has already replaced the tailer light module (two days in the shop) but that did not fix the problem. In my case it is not a trailer issue.
Added a resistor to the trailer lamp. Not ideal but fixed the issue.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government