Dc2Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Hi guys ,
I noticed on the standard mirrors , there is a camera positioned at the bottom of the mirror (assuming it’s for the 360 view camera). I ordered trailer tow mirrors for a 502a. Can anyone confirm that the upgraded tow mirrors will come equipped with the same bottom mounted camera ? Thanks .
Sponsored

Wally27

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Escape, 2020 Ford Edge
Occupation
Cabinet Maker
Hi guys ,
I noticed on the standard mirrors , there is a camera positioned at the bottom of the mirror (assuming it’s for the 360 view camera). I ordered trailer tow mirrors for a 502a. Can anyone confirm that the upgraded tow mirrors will come equipped with the same bottom mounted camera ? Thanks .
The little bump out under the mirror is the camera. It would just be flat if it didn’t have camera

Ford F-150 Trailer Mirror/360 camera question E9B2BC5D-DF13-4E05-B906-91131AC72D6F

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't seen a good video with the tow mirrors in action, but it is interesting that on the default mirrors with the camera, the camera is on the foldable portion as far from the door as possible (which gives best view). On the tow mirrors, it appears to be on the stationary stem portion that doesn't fold. So your view doesn't change when you fold the mirrors! I think that is a *positive* for the tow mirrors so I can use my cameras with mirrors folded to get into tight spaces or past a pillar. With the regular mirrors folded, does the camera software know how to compensate for the new lens position?

A downside of the tow mirror lens is on the smart backup view as the camera is not as far out as it *could* be if it was at the tip of the tow mirror. I have seen videos of the pro trailer backup with you have the 360 cameras and it gives an image on the sync down both sides of the truck, and the further out the camera the more you see of your trailer as you turn! I *believe* this tech from the Superduty is waterfalled into our F150 for 2021 (god I hope I am right that I read that somewhere)

Ford F-150 Trailer Mirror/360 camera question 1608267197190

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Found it! I remember reading this and getting excited about it since I have seen it in some RV'er videos before on a superduty. This is very cool. Also, I don't need to hear about how "I am so manly I can back up my trailer and I don't need this!" Guess what, so can I, and I have never hit anything with my 32ft trailer that doesn't have a backup camera. But this is cool as f**k tech I am looking forward to playing with!

https://www.torquenews.com/9539/202...-including-co-pilot-mode-and-trailer-guidance

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Just look at the demo of this sweet tech that has been on the Superduty for a few years. (also watch out for Andre sneaking up to murder out of the backseat around the 4 minute mark)

Sponsored