Trailer lighting module fault

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
Yesterday while towing my boat I had a popup message say "trailer lighting module fault see manual" I have had this message before but it was at least a month ago while towing my boat through a rainstorm. The whole time the lights on the trailer kept working though. When looking up that fault in the manual it just says see dealer for repair. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this one.
Sponsored

zimmer2932

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT FX4
Occupation
SALES
Yesterday while towing my boat I had a popup message say "trailer lighting module fault see manual" I have had this message before but it was at least a month ago while towing my boat through a rainstorm. The whole time the lights on the trailer kept working though. When looking up that fault in the manual it just says see dealer for repair. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this one.

I have the same issue with my truck. So I purchased this brand new off the lot in April. I hauled my 30 foot camper back on a 3 hour mission home, and never had an issue. This most recent time i used my truck to haul a golf cart on a 5x8 trailer. Hooked the harness to my truck, and lights came on. Only problem is turn signals, and brake lights dont work. I plugged the adapter piece that ford had provided me with into my buddies truck, and it works fine. The only difference between my camper and my utility trailer is that the camper did not have LED lights, but utility trailer has LED lights. Im curious as to if this is an issue being lights are LED vs Standard. Im stumped.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
this issue is tied to the long trhead on trailer brake issues.> I have this problem with mine (fault iwth right turn signal, and it blinks fast like old school relays), but outside it works fine. Under this condition have no trailer brakes.

OP
OP
mustanga10

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
I have the same issue with my truck. So I purchased this brand new off the lot in April. I hauled my 30 foot camper back on a 3 hour mission home, and never had an issue. This most recent time i used my truck to haul a golf cart on a 5x8 trailer. Hooked the harness to my truck, and lights came on. Only problem is turn signals, and brake lights dont work. I plugged the adapter piece that ford had provided me with into my buddies truck, and it works fine. The only difference between my camper and my utility trailer is that the camper did not have LED lights, but utility trailer has LED lights. Im curious as to if this is an issue being lights are LED vs Standard. Im stumped.
So I guess I haven't updated my post in a while but I eventually figured out that it was related to moisture/water inside the boat trailer. When I started looking into this I found the manufacturer of my 3 year old boat trailer had plugged a trailer frame drain so water was staying inside the frame, corroding all the connections at the lights. I ended up soldering all the connections for all the lights and adding a new ground to the trailer. Since doing this I have had no problems and not a single warning. I even purposely backed my trailer while plugged in all the way down until it was completely submerged and left it there for 10 min. (Boat launch had no one at it) and no problems or warnings. So turned out it was my boat trailer wiring the whole time. And yes they were all LED lights

Pepito113

First Name
Eloy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
this issue is tied to the long trhead on trailer brake issues.> I have this problem with mine (fault iwth right turn signal, and it blinks fast like old school relays), but outside it works fine. Under this condition have no trailer brakes.
Had this happen to me today. Right turn fault. Blinking fast Inside the truck buy outside was normal. Was raining when I was towing the trailer.

Sponsored

Macarrra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
This is really helpful, thanks, I am cross-countrying with a Uhaul trailer and its happening every 4 minutes...' ding ding' every four minutes for four days every four minutes every four minutes

Exactly

Glad its not the truck though just the 'black pearl' that Uhaul rented to me

Mikebrown

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Bookkeeper
This is a problem with the vehicle
I have very similar problems with lighting when plugged into trailer using adapter with 4 prong plug mostly but it does also happen with my 30 foot camper
Dealer reflashed and problem solved
Sponsored