First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I have a 2021 Lariat powerboost with 33,000 miles on it and have towed a bunch with no issues. Over the weekend I picked up a brand new Grand Design Imagine travel trailer and had no trailer brakes on the way home. I thought I had set something up wrong or something was wrong with the trailer. Just got an appointment at my local dealer to fix this recall. They also mentioned a recall for the wiper motor? Still waiting for my sagging under body insulation fix as well.

I also tow a Grand Design and have had the problem with the Trailer Brakes since I got the Truck in July 2021. It was built in June 2021. Its interesting another trailer didn't give you any problems but the Grand Design did. I'm no expert on electric trailer brakes, but I wonder if there are specific setups in trailers this is affecting.
Sponsored

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I'm no expert on electric trailer brakes, but I wonder if there are specific setups in trailers this is affecting.
Early in the thread several people towing AirStreams were reporting the problem. That is what I have.

TrevTitan45

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat CC PowerBoost FX4
I also tow a Grand Design and have had the problem with the Trailer Brakes since I got the Truck in July 2021. It was built in June 2021. Its interesting another trailer didn't give you any problems but the Grand Design did. I'm no expert on electric trailer brakes, but I wonder if there are specific setups in trailers this is affecting.
Interesting. Well I have an appointment at the ford dealer Thursday and another on Friday at the camper dealer as a backup. We shall see.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I rescheduled my appointment for 4/23. Multiple dealers have told me they don't have the software yet to complete this recall. My service writer said to check in with them a day before to verify they have it or I'll need to reschedule again.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I just got off the phone with my dealer.. also scheduled for Thursday 4/7.

Sponsored

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got off the phone with my dealer.. also scheduled for Thursday 4/7.
Dropped my truck off at 6:30am this am, and just spoke with the dealer (its noon here). They say the update is going well, but could take up to 8 hours to complete; they have to update every module in the truck.

..hopefully that means I will have BlueCruise and cameras at speed when they are done??

TrevTitan45

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting. Well I have an appointment at the ford dealer Thursday and another on Friday at the camper dealer as a backup. We shall see.
Ok so I went to the dealer today and had the update done, only took an hour and a half. Just got home and I still have no trailer brakes. Plan to test my truck on my Dads dump trailer later this evening to rule out the camper wiring.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Mine is scheduled for April 21st. Very excited if it fixes the problem

TrevTitan45

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok so I went to the dealer today and had the update done, only took an hour and a half. Just got home and I still have no trailer brakes. Plan to test my truck on my Dads dump trailer later this evening to rule out the camper wiring.
Trailer brakes work fine on 2 other trailers, its the new camper with the issue. Just so everyone knows the issue...connecting trailer with electric brakes you should be able to use slider on the brake controller mounted in the dash and show the trailer gain effort on the display. On my new camper when I attempted to use the slider it says trailer wiring fault and trailer disconnected, even though all other trailer functions like the lights all work fine. Best of luck to everyone.

Sponsored

tderouchie

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Dropped my truck off at 6:30am this am, and just spoke with the dealer (its noon here). They say the update is going well, but could take up to 8 hours to complete; they have to update every module in the truck.

..hopefully that means I will have BlueCruise and cameras at speed when they are done??
8hrs?? It took mine 20mins

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
8hrs?? It took mine 20mins

They were updating all the modules on the truck.. one of them failed a few times, so they kept it half way through the next day; it still didn't take the update, so they are gave me the truck back and are waiting on instruction from ford.

The trailer brake failed to work the first time I hooked it up (with the truck on) after getting it back with the partial update. I live on a hill and noticed the lack of trailer brake immediately. I shut the truck off at the bottom of my hill, unplugged, replugged, and then started the truck, and it worked fine the rest of the trip, as long as I had it plugged in before I started the truck.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Our first test drive was a success
That’s good. But unfortunately it’s also a coincidence. Ford has finally released the exact version of the software to be installed in the TRM to address the recall. It has not been posted to FDRS yet. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-campaign-nhtsa-22s17-22v193.9742/post-201582

If the software installed on your TRM does not end with the suffix DH, then the recall has not been completed, regardless of what your dealer tells you.

Mixmastergosu

First Name
Mix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
If our truck was built in March, will this trailer brake be an issue ?
Sponsored