First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
The electric brake signal from my 2021 power boost to my camper trailer only works sometimes. So while I’m trying to brake I often must rely on just the truck brakes. The brakes were fully tested at the airstream dealer and they check out just find. The Ford dealer did a quick test on the 7 pin plug and found that there seems to be a programming error and when the brake is depressed there is a very consistent delay of several seconds before the truck sends a signal to engage the brake. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I can’t get an appointment until mid September to have it looked at in-depth but I need to tow the trailer.
Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Subscribed.. Just picked up my Jayco Wednesday.. Going on my first trip tomorrow night.> Will need to test the trailer brakes.. When i drove tthe trailer home, i didnt feell any trailer braking at all!

OP
OP

Tambow

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Subscribed.. Just picked up my Jayco Wednesday.. Going on my first trip tomorrow night.> Will need to test the trailer brakes.. When i drove tthe trailer home, i didnt feell any trailer braking at all!
I bought a 7 pin testing unit at auto zone to check it out before I went to the dealer. When the brake pedal is depressed there is a weak flickering of light for the e brake pin for a few seconds and then the light displays at full power. The dealer had a similar result but on a more sophisticated piece of testing equipment. Let us all know how it goes. If there are two trucks with this problem there are probably many more.

justinwvu

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I have a similar thread about a very similar issue, seems to be widespread based on the replies. I have had the problem many times now. My 7 pin tester seems to show everything is fine.

OP
OP

Tambow

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I’m beginning to think the problem may be with the trailer and not the truck. I tried towing a different trailer that I have and had no brake problems. Many of us have both a 2021 F150 Powerboost and an Airstream trailer. My trailer is now at the Airstream dealer in Idaho and my truck is at a Ford dealer in Boise. The techs at Airstream are supposed to look at it this week. They are going to tow with other trucks. I’ll let you know what we find.