Sponsored

Trailer Anti theft?

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have had two trailers hooked up recently that when left overnight, i see a a small section of the led trailer lights blink about every 6 seconds. I assume this would be the theft protection? I read somewhere if u unhook the trailers when the truck is locked your truck will alarm. Cool feature!
Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I have had two trailers hooked up recently that when left overnight, i see a a small section of the led trailer lights blink about every 6 seconds. I assume this would be the theft protection? I read somewhere if u unhook the trailers when the truck is locked your truck will alarm. Cool feature!
Yep. Does it work with 4 and 7 pin?

dh4234

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PB
Occupation
IT Consultant
In theory this is a "great" feature, but when your truck alarm keeps going off for no reason, that's not a lot of fun.While packing my camper for a trip, the jostling of the camper kept setting the alarm off. I checked the connection with the truck multiple times, and it continued to set the alarm off.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
The lights flashing every 6 seconds would be annoying. If I’m at a campground with our trailer next to our site, flashing lights in the pitch black would not only annoy other campers, it seems like it would draw the attention of anyone up to no good. Anyone know it that can be turned off?

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd

Sneezy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Huh, and here I thought I was having problems with my trailer wiring 😂 I noticed it the other day when I had my jet ski trailer hooked up, and just figured it was due to it being repeatedly dunked in the lake over the years.
Sponsored