Sponsored

Traffic and Weather not working on Sync 4 Nav System.

sswalters

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Thought I would ask this forum as well. I have a 2021 F150 King Ranch built in September 2021. Traffic, weather, and the radar map not working. Says "Weather information is not available". Seeing these posts on updates people are receiving makes me wonder if my update functionality is working as I haven't received any of these either. Any thoughts? Ford logged me in as a case and sent to Sirius XM, but I don't even think that's where 2021 Ford's get their data. Any thoughts here?
Sponsored

Ikaikko

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gen 3 Raptor
Thought I would ask this forum as well. I have a 2021 F150 King Ranch built in September 2021. Traffic, weather, and the radar map not working. Says "Weather information is not available". Seeing these posts on updates people are receiving makes me wonder if my update functionality is working as I haven't received any of these either. Any thoughts? Ford logged me in as a case and sent to Sirius XM, but I don't even think that's where 2021 Ford's get their data. Any thoughts here?
I have a new Raptor with the same issues. Chat and online Ford help have been useless and the dealer said the fixed it but it still doesn’t work. Have you had better luck?

OP
OP

sswalters

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I have a delayed appointment for 10 November where I hope to get to the bottom of it. I’ll definitely let you know. Sirius XM confirmed that my radio isn’t eligible for traffic data from them. Even tho Ford sent me there. Frustrating. Let’s check back in if either of us figures this out.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 King Ranch
Occupation
Maintenance supervisor
Same problem with my KR I am just going to call sirius tomorow again as they how me a year of travel link, and the phone srvice people are not very competent look more like they are in india the phone is always very bad, as I dont listen to music I just want to have the fuel hotel and the convenience of travel link that I am used for a couple of year, my stolen 2018 lariat was having a great connection on travel link even if the default local weather was always in area out of canada let you know if I goit more information on the Travel link app connection.

Nallisonroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have the same issues. I have contacted everyone in every department. No luck..

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You have to have an active Fordpass account, an active hotspot account through either Att prepaid or if you have Att post paid you can add to that. Also you have to have an active connected navigation service.

Its internet based. Not Sat radio based on 2021 model F150

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
You have to have an active Fordpass account, an active hotspot account through either Att prepaid or if you have Att post paid you can add to that. Also you have to have an active connected navigation service.

Its internet based. Not Sat radio based on 2021 model F150
You sure? Travel Link is through SiriusXM. No internet connection on my truck and I have traffic, weather and road conditions.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You sure? Travel Link is through SiriusXM. No internet connection on my truck and I have traffic, weather and road conditions.
Yes. The traffic is 100% online based in 2021

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ford F-150 Traffic and Weather not working on Sync 4 Nav System. B36802DA-C280-4702-8E1F-99FC07E5D8FA
Ford F-150 Traffic and Weather not working on Sync 4 Nav System. 799DD5BA-AA11-4720-9D0B-63BF581A8C6F

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
@Jesse-Infotainment Well, I'll be.... I'm going to have to see if I have it enabled. I'm pretty sure I'm using the Travel Link. Navigation hasn't been rerouting around closed interstates in the metro Detroit area. I was downriver last Saturday and I-94 eastbound was closed
Navigation routed me right into the closed interstate section in the full route display. I knew it was closed and I know my way around town so I just stayed on I-75 northbound. I show tie ups and construction on the map but nav doesn't reroute.

Just checked. Everything was turned on in the connected area except local hazards. That won't turn/toggle on. It indicates connectivity, or something like that, needs to be turned on which it is, I think.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The local hazards I believe is for a different region it can’t be checked by anyone that I know of in the US.

mine works great. But yeah there is not anything other than sat radio provided by SiriusXM on these new trucks. Everything is internet based an apart of the connected nav package that you have to pay for. I be if you have a limited or platinum it’s 3 years free. Mine was 3 months. It’s$85 a year.

the weather and the search functions are all apart of this also. The yelp ratings that show and gas prices are all apart of this.
So some people may not be signed up but still may be in their internet trial period for their hotspot.

those that do not have it functioning will need to start with activation of their connected nav.

the other thing I love is the connected nav continuously updates the maps. I have had several new roads show up on my nav in the year I’ve had the truck. The updates are as thorough as apple or google from my experience in Dallas

Nallisonroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

I waif you ever fproblem?ound a solution to this s wondering

OP
OP

sswalters

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Still no resolution. I definitely have Connected Navigation active, but no traffic or weather information is available. Ford doesn't have an answer as to why.

Nallisonroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Mine has been at my dealership for 2 weeks now and no luck. They say they have been working with the ford hotline. Replaced my sat. Antenna and no luck yet. I will let yoy kno wwhat happens.