First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
The PB with a tune on 93 is putting down nearly 500hp and 600tq to the wheels w/ 3.73s standard pulling off mid 4 second 0-60. Then of course it's got a 7.4kw generator built in as well. The only thing the 5.0 has going for it is its exhaust note -- I can't even hear the PB's. 3.5 just doesn't have an exhaust note worth amplifying.
One other thing the 5.0 has going for it that the PB doesn't...

It's available in a RCSB.:confused:

I had to sacrifice A LOT of options to get the 122" Wheelbase. But the 5.0 in a little, tiny F150 is a marriage made in heaven. It’s crazy fast! (Even without a “tune”)
Sponsored

capiche87

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB 701a 4x4; 1985 Ford Bronco II
Occupation
Veterinarian
Disclosure: I have a 2018 5.0 v8 and upgrading to a 2023 PB currently.

If you are making the upgrade to save money on fuel, you are kidding yourself. You can do the math on how long it will take to offset fuel cost. Financially speaking, you will also be taking a $5k-$10k hit by the time you factor in taxes, depreciation, etc. I have the justification disease here too. I can reason or justify anything that I want vs need. A suitcase generator can replace 90% of propower scenarios for cheaper.

I really enjoy my 2018 F150 5.0 and still do. If I were in your shoes I wouldn’t change within same generation. I would wait til year 2 or 3 of gen 15 so they work out some kinks and it will be different enough to make a change.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
As I said I'm changing brands. Going from "fuel efficient" Powerboost to the gas guzzler 6.2l GM engine. If I were to stay with Ford it would have been with the 3.5l Ecoboost not the 5.0l. But as capiche87 stated, I'm not spending money for basically the same truck. And from what I understand missing important options with option deletes from Ford. The GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate is being built with only 1 delete which is the locking steering column.

I bought the Powerboost with the thought I could use the generator to back feed my house in the event of a power outage. Nope. I'm not about to rewire my house to allow it to become a whole house generator. I have a Generac installer coming to my house next week to give us an estimate. Then I will have a system that won't require me to be home. It's all automatic.

Have I shut the door on Ford? Of course not. But, I won't buy one until it has all options available and it has a significant refresh.

I'm afraid the ICE vehicles will not be getting the manufacturer attention anymore which will mean less new model development. R&D dollars are going to get dumped into the EV's trucks and cars.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2023 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Protection Agent
Picked up my 23 PB 4 days ago. Love it, replaced my 17 3.5 eco. I think if I had your truck, I won't have even been looking to trade. Maybe it's just me but if I start looking, I'm done, I'll buy. The key for me is to not look and just keep making my payments, then one day.. No payments. I rode out no payment for couple of years, it's hard to go back, but man those new ones are nice.

Sponsored

Grayson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
As I said I'm changing brands. Going from "fuel efficient" Powerboost to the gas guzzler 6.2l GM engine. If I were to stay with Ford it would have been with the 3.5l Ecoboost not the 5.0l. But as capiche87 stated, I'm not spending money for basically the same truck. And from what I understand missing important options with option deletes from Ford. The GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate is being built with only 1 delete which is the locking steering column.

I bought the Powerboost with the thought I could use the generator to back feed my house in the event of a power outage. Nope. I'm not about to rewire my house to allow it to become a whole house generator. I have a Generac installer coming to my house next week to give us an estimate. Then I will have a system that won't require me to be home. It's all automatic.

Have I shut the door on Ford? Of course not. But, I won't buy one until it has all options available and it has a significant refresh.

I'm afraid the ICE vehicles will not be getting the manufacturer attention anymore which will mean less new model development. R&D dollars are going to get dumped into the EV's trucks and cars.
I had a 2022 and a 2022 refresh Silverado 1500. I know the 6.2 pretty well and it would have been my go to except it wasn't available, the trucks I had were diesel. Don't run 87 in it!

The center console shifter is something else. It's backwards and I never thought the way it was designed was functional.
Chevy will charge to use remote features and if you're an android user you may love the new infotainment. iPhone....dread

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I had a 2022 and a 2022 refresh Silverado 1500. I know the 6.2 pretty well and it would have been my go to except it wasn't available, the trucks I had were diesel. Don't run 87 in it!

The center console shifter is something else. It's backwards and I never thought the way it was designed was functional.
Chevy will charge to use remote features and if you're an android user you may love the new infotainment. iPhone....dread
I'm Android which is a big plus. The truck comes with 3 years of connected services (Onstar and Super Cruise) so I'm good there. I never keep anything that long.. Wasn't aware of the shifter but I've quickly gotten used to rotories so I'm pretty sure I can adapt

OP
OP
JPNewIn22

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Drove the 23 PB yesterday and really liked it. The Avalanche Grey looks even better in person vs some of the pictures I’ve seen posted. It doesn’t have the 360 camera which it was supposed to have. They just missed that when doing the build sheet. They told me it was included on the 502a but maybe something is different with the BAP? Not sure. Other than that it is as expected. They offered me $59k for my trade, getting about $7,800 off MSRP counting x-plan & rebates and 2.9% for 60 months. The terms are a good deal but I’m not sure I’m getting that much more for $10,000 more financed. Maybe for $5,000 but not $10,000. Had that conversation with the sales manager and he made the argument that the PB will be worth more than the V8 in 3 years and that would make up for most of the difference. There is probably some truth to that. They let me think about it overnight. I’m leaning towards keeping my beautiful amazing $10,000 less Carbonized Grey 5.0 😅. I appreciate any feedback on your thoughts.

Ford F-150 Trade my 22 5.0 for 23 PB? A7DECEE7-A96C-4464-8CD0-40E8F53858D0

Last edited:

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Coming from a 2019 Silverado LTZ without the front camera to my current 2021 PB XLT with the front camera, I don't think I could ever go back to not having 360* cameras. It is more important than a heated steering wheel, which I miss.

Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
Agree. IMO, you should have the 360 cameras.

OP
OP
JPNewIn22

JPNewIn22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Sales Manager
Coming from a 2019 Silverado LTZ without the front camera to my current 2021 PB XLT with the front camera, I don't think I could ever go back to not having 360* cameras. It is more important than a heated steering wheel, which I miss.
Yeah I have the 360 camera on my current F150 and I love that feature. Comes in handy pretty much on a daily basis.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Bed liner, window tint and interior protection plan. Said I could remove that if I wanted to.
I don’t think they’re allowed to add on fees like that when using X-plan. There’s obviously an easy to calculate monetary value attached to the bed liner and window tint, but not the interior protection. I would ask to have all 3 items broken out individually and keep just the bed liner and window tint. That would likely save you close to $1000

whether or not you make the deal is obviously your choice. I’m a different type of person though, where if I really want it, I’ll do whatever it takes to get it, within reason of course. I traded a 22 XLT to get a nearly identical 22 lariat after 5 weeks of ownership.

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
I regret not having the 360 camera on my XLT PB. Especially when I have a 6.5’ bed, it’s tough to park.
Sponsored