First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
56 TBird, 65 Mustang, 98 F250 etc
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
Tried entering my VIN and Order # but comes back cannot load? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
1FTEX1EP1MFB58797, order #c888. Ordered Dec. 3 dealer says production date is April 23

steveii25

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford lriat
Occupation
retired
Tried entering my VIN and Order # but comes back cannot load? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
1FTEX1EP1MFB58797, order #c888. Ordered Dec. 3 dealer says production date is April 23
Your order number is case sensitive did you try that

65mustang

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
56 TBird, 65 Mustang, 98 F250 etc
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
Your order number is case sensitive did you try that
Thanks Steve, got it. Now I know how our kids felt before Xmas! Ordered Dec. 3 now in order processing, just drooling over the photos though. All good.

Sponsored

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Does the “group order type” mean anything? Mine says Retail (222R) (OBC8S)

Margo17

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch
well, I ordered in Nov, was built on Feb 17, and still is waiting to ship. Went on our local ford dealer sites and found 3 exact builds delivered and they were done on March 10 and 11, all of these delivered 12 days after the build. I asked the dealership and I have a great relationship with them as we buy all of our company vehicles there and all of the people involved referred to the parts shortage and they really believe that. I send them all of the window stickers showing the exact same options and model and copy the order report from here and they are still going with the part shortage or rail problem. One of the 3 trucks is exactly the same color so I asked them to inquire about that truck and bring it in for me. The other weird fact is it is only 3kms away LOL.

I was being patient but now I am pissed because as the customer, I am more informed than they are. As an owner of a business, my employees should be more informed than any of my customers, that is what we get paid for by our customers! Our company has bought for the last 7 months 1 or 2 vehicles a month and of course, the one I really want is the one I really want (laughing).

In summary, Ford and their manufacturing are not being completely transparent here but also the dealers either don't have a clear channel to get the truth, and/or the dealership does not have the fortitude to get the truth. When asked to fill out the all-important (how did we do survey) well that is going to definitely be filled out but not the way they want it to be.

cheers,

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I recently became interested in the F-150. I did some test drives and ultimately picked it over the Ram because of the self driving and such. No dealer in my area had the specs I wanted, so, I ended up searching for a truck that met my criteria. None had it in stock, but one had one on order with pretty much everything I wanted. So I ended up putting a deposit down since it would take too long to order. Dealership gave me an estimated delivery date of 3/31 to 4/7. Spoke with them a couple of days ago, and now they're saying should be in the next week or two. They say it's about to be put on the rail to head to them. I look it up on the tracker today, and it still says in production.
Receipt Date was 2021-01-25
Production date was 2021-03-18
The ETA date says 1990-01-01.
Primary status says in production.

Doesn't this mean that it's not even finished being built yet? Are the dealers able to see something we aren't? As in, is this actually about to hit the rail on the way to them or are they just lying to me? Any enlightenment would be great.

mgiguere

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Hi ! On my VIN tracker, I have this :
ETA End Date1990-01-01
Anyone know ? Can tell more ? 1990 ???
Thank's

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
That's a generic date when there isn't a scheduled end date. On Ford's tracker you'll probably see N/A for estimated delivery. The dealer will probably see TBD as the expected date.

Labm0013

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Occupation
Rep
I recently became interested in the F-150. I did some test drives and ultimately picked it over the Ram because of the self driving and such. No dealer in my area had the specs I wanted, so, I ended up searching for a truck that met my criteria. None had it in stock, but one had one on order with pretty much everything I wanted. So I ended up putting a deposit down since it would take too long to order. Dealership gave me an estimated delivery date of 3/31 to 4/7. Spoke with them a couple of days ago, and now they're saying should be in the next week or two. They say it's about to be put on the rail to head to them. I look it up on the tracker today, and it still says in production.
Receipt Date was 2021-01-25
Production date was 2021-03-18
The ETA date says 1990-01-01.
Primary status says in production.

Doesn't this mean that it's not even finished being built yet? Are the dealers able to see something we aren't? As in, is this actually about to hit the rail on the way to them or are they just lying to me? Any enlightenment would be great.
Join the club my friend! Mine is build since March 18th, sit at Ramp 59... Dealer tried to bullshit me saying my truck going through a quality check over a Transmission sensor problem. We all know there's a shortage with the semiconductor parts and Dearborn shut down his production t'il Monday... Let's get it straight guys... Dealer can't confirm any ETA yet... so pissed off!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Join the club my friend! Mine is build since March 18th, sit at Ramp 59... Dealer tried to bullshit me saying my truck going through a quality check over a Transmission sensor problem. We all know there's a shortage with the semiconductor parts and Dearborn shut down his production t'il Monday... Let's get it straight guys... Dealer can't confirm any ETA yet... so pissed off!
Yeah, I got pioneer to pull up what they could see, and you can tell it's just sitting there on Ramp 59.

some updates on some of the slow downs. Ford is building some trucks without the chips and adding them in as they arrive to save some production time I guess. They are parking the trucks till the chips arrive.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/04/i...sitting-in-parking-lots-due-to-chip-shortage/
Yep. Mine is one of the parked ones.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Yeah, I got pioneer to pull up what they could see, and you can tell it's just sitting there on Ramp 59.

Yep. Mine is one of the parked ones.
Mine was built 12 Nov and sat in the airport lot for 5 weeks while they did additional QC checks on close to 20,000 trucks. Finally got moving after that.
Sponsored