Sponsored

TPMS issues - resolved

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
Has anyone else had a problem getting the truck to recognize TPMS sensors? I’ve followed the procedure in the owners manual to put it into training mode but the process times out before my left front sensor is recognized. I’m sick of losing 20+ psi and not getting it learned.

I’ve also tried using my Autel tool to trigger the TPMS sensor. The tool gets the sensor info immediately but the truck doesn’t honk or otherwise see it.

Any suggestions here? I swap between winter and summer wheels and this process is insane to me. I’ve never had these issues with any other vehicle.
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Are all of these the correct OE genuine Ford branded TPMS sensors? Or aftermarket?

OP
OP

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
Genuine Ford sensors that paired with the truck last summer.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I swap out my winter to summer tires and go see my dealer. They come out and reprogram the TPMS. N/C

OP
OP

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
I swap out my winter to summer tires and go see my dealer. They come out and reprogram the TPMS. N/C
That’s my next step. It needs to go in for the DRL flicker recall anyway. I’m just really busy for the next 5 weeks. This stuff is maddening when the entire reason I buy new vehicles is to not need to be going in for service all the time.

Oh well. Easy enough to disable TPMS in Forscan for the time being.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
I got it fixed today. I had to use a different procedure to get it into learning mode.

push button to get into accessory power
Step on brake and release
Cycle from off to acc power 3x
While in acc power on the last cycle, hit and release brake pedal
Cycle from off to acc power another 3x

the horn will honk and the truck will be ready to learn the new sensor IDs

I just walked around the truck triggering each wheel with my TPMS tool and now it’s working. Correct psi info is displayed in the screen. Gibe this a shot if the ignition to acc power and hazards on/off 3x doesn’t work for your truck.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Good info thanks for posting what you got to work. What year was this for? I see you have a 22 Lariat on order, or is that the truck you were trying this on?

OP
OP

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
Good info thanks for posting what you got to work. What year was this for? I see you have a 22 Lariat on order, or is that the truck you were trying this on?
Yes, this is my 22 Lariat Powerboost. I took delivery last July. I had to come back and post the solution because I’m sure someone else will eventually have this issue. Or I’ll forget and need to reference this when I go back to winter wheels lol
Sponsored