Sponsored

Cooter'sFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several XJs, a TJ, T-Bird, and an Expedition
BoilerTimmay, I'm looking for the Ford link to it. That information compiled doesn't look entirely accurate.

KTMADVRDR, it could be the 5.0 Coupled with the 3.73 E-Locker to get the regular 9.75. Hopefully just how that breaks down gets ironed-out in all this too. Either way, I'll report what I ended up with when I take delivery as I tried going the individual option route.

More on the Stabilizer Bar. 36mm seems to be the 2015-2020 F150. So, if anyone that already took delivery would go measure their's that'd be cool. It seems there is indeed a hollow and a solid (slightly larger OD), but just which one ends up on which tow package is a mystery. It could be the reason for that warning though:

Do not exceed a trailer weight of 7,000 lbs. (3,175 kg) or 36 sq. ft. (3.4 sq. m) trailer frontal area with only the Class IV hitch (53B), without the Trailer Tow Package (53A).

It also seems they are swappable. If I get bored enough, I'm going to go crawl under more trucks at the dealership and take some more pictures this time of the sway bars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
BoilerTimmay, I'm looking for the Ford link to it. That information compiled doesn't look entirely accurate.

KTMADVRDR, it could be the 5.0 Coupled with the 3.73 E-Locker to get the regular 9.75. Hopefully just how that breaks down gets ironed-out in all this too. Either way, I'll report what I ended up with when I take delivery as I tried going the individual option route.

More on the Stabilizer Bar. 36mm seems to be the 2015-2020 F150. So, if anyone that already took delivery would go measure their's that'd be cool. It seems there is indeed a hollow and a solid (slightly larger OD), but just which one ends up on which tow package is a mystery. It could be the reason for that warning though:

Do not exceed a trailer weight of 7,000 lbs. (3,175 kg) or 36 sq. ft. (3.4 sq. m) trailer frontal area with only the Class IV hitch (53B), without the Trailer Tow Package (53A).

It also seems they are swappable. If I get bored enough, I'm going to go crawl under more trucks at the dealership and take some more pictures this time of the sway bars.
The links are in the document at the end. It is from the esourcebook. It is not public but your dealer can help you investigate further. I did confirm with ford that this is the case. The document is definitely the 2021 specs. It has powerboosts, and all of the codes and weights match.

Ford F-150 Towing Specs Consolidated Document - Bumper vs. Class IV vs. Tow vs. Max Tow - UPDATED DOC v4 stabilizer.PNG

Cooter'sFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I stopped by the dealership again yesterday, calipers in hand. I can assure you none of the stabilizer bars are 36 mm. I believe those are the '15-'20 Trucks. I measured two different thicknesses, one appears to be 25.4-ish (1 Inch seems to make sense), and the other was a bit thicker right around 27 mm.

It was hard to get in there (especially on trucks with 20s) without looking like I was stealing Cats, and I couldn't get a picture and measure at the same time. Once I found a couple different I checked more in go, no-go fashion. It seemed all the 2.7, 6600 GAWR trucks had the thinner bar, and 8.8 in the rear. Once a truck was 7050 GAWR or bigger, it had the bigger bar and a 9.75 rear axle. Max tows had the 3/4 floater, and it looked like there were 3 maybe 4 total different spring packs. Unfortunately for me, all the trucks similar to mine at 7050 had some sort of tow package or was a higher trim level (one Limited there) where tow was baked-in. So I can't say for sure the tow packages do it or the GAWR for the bar with the vehicles there, but I still think I'll end up with the thicker bar.

If not, It looks like it would bolt up with different bushings which could be an option. My truck should be here within 3 weeks. I'll be sure to take a good picture of the bar then.

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Posted this somewhere else too, for data I guess. but here is mine.

1611292932090.jpeg

1611292961580.jpeg

1611292979716.jpeg

1611293002329.jpeg

1611293031416.jpeg
Just for comparison my KR is a 3.5 ECO, but otherwise outfitted much like yours. I have FX4, you have 4X4. You have 2kw on board, i do not. My payload is 1537 and yours is 1275. Looks like the PowerBoost takes up about 262 pounds of payload.

Cooter'sFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I see some of the spring talk and ratings talk elsewhere on this site. It sure would be nice to see more detail in the build configurator or the check box columns in the towing guide to know just when these 'non optioned' details (springs, sway bar) are triggered by which option or combination of options. A lot of variants I suppose.

But, main idea from my previous post is there are two sway bars, and neither of them are 36mm.

Sponsored

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Just for comparison my KR is a 3.5 ECO, but otherwise outfitted much like yours. I have FX4, you have 4X4. You have 2kw on board, i do not. My payload is 1537 and yours is 1275. Looks like the PowerBoost takes up about 262 pounds of payload.
On my Powerboost Platinum with only Tow Tech package with 7.2kw, my payload is 1363 (Regular 4X4, not FX4).

Cooter'sFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Suspension Deep Dive | Autoblog

Posted elsewhere, but talks to the thinner Sway Bars now compared to the previous generation. Now, if we could get to the bottom of just what gets you which one. Clear on Max Tow, but not so much the middle towing packages or simply the Class IV option like I picked...

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Mine is a KR Powerboost and 4x4 and is 1465.

Sponsored

sp468

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The links are in the document at the end. It is from the esourcebook. It is not public but your dealer can help you investigate further. I did confirm with ford that this is the case. The document is definitely the 2021 specs. It has powerboosts, and all of the codes and weights match.

stabilizer.PNG
I ordered the tow tech instead of tow trailer package thinking I could tow the 8200 pounds. But I also ordered the regular cab (122" wheel base) and according to this doc I'm getting the solid stabilizer bar.

Why would a smaller truck (without the tow package) get the solid stabilizer when the larger trucks don't??

I have a VIN but not scheduled for the build until next week. I spoke with my dealer this morning and he assured me I could pull the 8200 pounds. I sent him a copy of the 2021 towing guide. He is as confused as us.

Has anyone confirmed that the regular towing package (53A) only adds the solid stabilizer and not any other components? Thanks
Sponsored