Sponsored

Brute150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FiST
I laid down the tow packages from the Ford website site by site to better understand what we get.
Eventually i went with the trailer tow package + 360 cam instead of the tow tech package, just to be on the safe side. With trailer tow package(53A) i am guaranteed to be able to tow about 11000lbs.
I am not 100% sure if i will get the trailer reverse guidance with the 53A, but thats something i can live with.

Ford F-150 Towing Specs Consolidated Document - Bumper vs. Class IV vs. Tow vs. Max Tow - UPDATED DOC v4 Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 8.02.07 PM
Sponsored

Brute150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FiST
Just a disclaimer, the above chart is relative to my build, a Lariat PB 4x4 4door. It could vary depending on how you build your truck.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Looking at the Order Guides, when you add the 360-Degree Camera Package, it includes Trailer Reverse Guidance.

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I laid down the tow packages from the Ford website site by site to better understand what we get.
Eventually i went with the trailer tow package + 360 cam instead of the tow tech package, just to be on the safe side. With trailer tow package(53A) i am guaranteed to be able to tow about 11000lbs.
I am not 100% sure if i will get the trailer reverse guidance with the 53A, but thats something i can live with.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 8.02.07 PM.png
Can you attach the spreadsheet? I have some updates for you.

Sponsored

Brute150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FiST
Can you attach the spreadsheet? I have some updates for you.
Would love to, but its not letting me attach an Excel file.
I get the following error message:
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. The following extensions are allowed: .zip, .txt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif, .m4v, .mov, .mp4, .mp4v, .mpeg, .mpg, .ogv, .webm

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ding ding ding! Finally... this one had eluded me!

84C9097E-867A-415E-8238-C92AA5F61111.png
Awesome that confirms it, tow package with 360 cameras you get everything. That's the way to go on the PB, no point on Max tow unless you need that extra 1400lbs towing (no one in an f150 should tow that much anyways!!)

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am so glad this thread got bumped... thanks for consolidating this info @BoilerTimmay

Back at the beginning of December, I spent about 45 min on the phone with my dealer trying to figure out the exact difference between trailer tow and tow tech. Neither one of us could figure it out, so I ended up just going with tow tech, assuming that the weirdness was just some build and price anomaly given the selected trim, packages, etc. But we both thought that the towing capacity of the Powerboost at the end of the day would still be 11000 lbs, with an optional 1400 lb increase for max tow.

I'm going to have him update the order tomorrow morning. This will be the one good thing that has come from not having a VIN yet ?

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I am so glad this thread got bumped... thanks for consolidating this info @BoilerTimmay

Back at the beginning of December, I spent about 45 min on the phone with my dealer trying to figure out the exact difference between trailer tow and tow tech. Neither one of us could figure it out, so I ended up just going with tow tech, assuming that the weirdness was just some build and price anomaly given the selected trim, packages, etc. But we both thought that the towing capacity of the Powerboost at the end of the day would still be 11000 lbs, with an optional 1400 lb increase for max tow.

I'm going to have him update the order tomorrow morning. This will be the one good thing that has come from not having a VIN yet ?
Or you could be like me and sadly have an order with PB max tow, and PB tow tech. I’ll have him update the second order but probably sticking with the max tow and chalking it up to “safety in over engineering”

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

Good luck with the change! Max tow wasn’t so pointless when I ordered but with the $650 hike after ordering it’s a ripoff.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Good luck with the change! Max tow wasn’t so pointless when I ordered but with the $650 hike after ordering it’s a ripoff.
Don't know when you guys changing your orders was originally done but be careful of price increases.

Apparently if you make any change to an order and there has been a price increase on any option you have, it will be applied.

OP
OP
BoilerTimmay

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Don't know when you guys changing your orders was originally done but be careful of price increases.

Apparently if you make any change to an order and there has been a price increase on any option you have, it will be applied.
Yep! to be clear the price isn’t set until the window sticker is generated a week before production... mine went up and I ordered in September as you know. I tried playing “hard ball” and their option was order a new truck. Probably fair since it’s A plan and their price is fixed. Not sure they have the $650 to give. Still a bit mad at Ford...

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yep! to be clear the price isn’t set until the window sticker is generated a week before production... mine went up and I ordered in September as you know. I tried playing “hard ball” and their option was order a new truck. Probably fair since it’s A plan and their price is fixed. Not sure they have the $650 to give. Still a bit mad at Ford...
Actually I think it is when Ford invoices the order to the dealer. That is usually much sooner than the window sticker.

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4

My original build was Tow Package and 360 degree camera. I ended up switching to tow tech as it includes camera and is cheaper - never thought about the capacity. This morning I e-mailed my dealer to switch it back, he placed the order 8 days ago. His reply "My Manager is emailing Ford but is not hopeful as generally can't make changes once serialized". Don't know how true that is but I should be ok as my boat is around 4000 pounds.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My original build was Tow Package and 360 degree camera. I ended up switching to tow tech as it includes camera and is cheaper - never thought about the capacity. This morning I e-mailed my dealer to switch it back, he placed the order 8 days ago. His reply "My Manager is emailing Ford but is not hopeful as generally can't make changes once serialized". Don't know how true that is but I should be ok as my boat is around 4000 pounds.
Depends on how long you have had the VIN. If it has already been invoiced to the dealer than no.
Sponsored