First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 F250 Turbo Diesel,2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
I was wondering what you did, during the break-in period, how many miles did you start to tow with your truck? I have a boat to tow, it's about 4200 pounds not really heavy.
I have a PB max tow, I have about 600 miles at this time. What are your thoughts? Will appreciate your thoughts too.
Sponsored

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
We had a trip planned, so only had the truck 200 miles before towing. Our camper is on 3200 pounds fully loaded though. We had the same situation with our last truck and now problems. All that said, I drive like a grandpa and always so my first oil change at 500 miles…

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
I held out till just over 900 miles, I try to follow the manual. My boat is only 3500 but is a pontoon, so frontal area. Only 25 miles to the lake and I am a grandpa and only went about 50. Country roads pretty much, no real traffic. I was really impressed with the Tow/Haul Mode. My old truck was a 2002 5.4L V8. This truck with the 2.7 EB actually did a better job of handling the load. Have been to the lake and back 3 times since. Good luck!

Oh, I did drive 120 miles one afternoon to get a fish sandwich, trying to get some miles on so I could haul the boat!

Sponsored

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Sales
Well I probably have the least amount of miles when i first towed. I had a camp trip planned for labor day weekend and the dealer called me saying my truck came in the morning and I was scheduled to leave for my trip. Dealer delivered the truck to my house and off I went. I had 36 miles on my truck when I took delivery and I towed it a little over 300 miles round trip pulling my 8,000lb RV up some big climbs in extreme heat here in Arizona. So far so good with no issues on the truck. After I got home I thought about engine break-in period and what not, then again I think about guys who buy these trucks for work trucks and pretty much put them to work right away. Thankfully I got warranty if something happens but so far so good! I just broke 400 miles on my truck and love it!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Managed to squeeze on 1800km before first trip.

Ford F-150 Towing question.... 20210818_172418
Sponsored