First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I don’t see an option to add towing mirrors on the Limited. Am I looking at that right?

Also, how hard would it be to add those afterwards?

This and lack of FX4 is making me think about Platinum instead.
Sponsored

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
And no H.O. Motor in the limited either...

MileHiGuy

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3500 Ram CTD Mega Cap
Occupation
Contractor
Looks like all standard non hybrid 3.5 EB motors got boosted to 400hp/500’lbs but the Limited is not unique anymore with power or rear exhaust treatments.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Ok that’s what I understood as well. The other poster’s comment made me think that some new engine revelation brought back the HO but not for Limited.
Any comments on the tow mirrors? Are the ones being offered from an existing vehicle like the 250 or a brand new design?

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t see an option to add towing mirrors on the Limited. Am I looking at that right?

Also, how hard would it be to add those afterwards?
It won't be hard to add the mirrors, but it will be expensive. Most of the online dealers that sell the OEM mirrors want about $1200 for the pair.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
It won't be hard to add the mirrors, but it will be expensive. Most of the online dealers that sell the OEM mirrors want about $1200 for the pair.
Ugh...and only a $250 option on the Platinum.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
But you have to factor in the cost of the Trailer Tow Package or Max Trailer Tow Package, which is required to order the mirrors, and seem to add very little in the higher trim trucks. You can search the forum, there have been many discussions about the trailer tow packages as opposed to the trailer technology package, and the the fact that you cannot get the tow mirrors without getting one of the Trailer Tow Packages. Multiple people have voiced their disbelief / displeasure that the tow mirrors are not available with the Tow Technology Package.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
But you have to factor in the cost of the Trailer Tow Package or Max Trailer Tow Package, which is required to order the mirrors, and seem to add very little in the higher trim trucks. You can search the forum, there have been many discussions about the trailer tow packages as opposed to the trailer technology package, and the the fact that you cannot get the tow mirrors without getting one of the Trailer Tow Packages. Multiple people have voiced their disbelief / displeasure that the tow mirrors are not available with the Tow Technology Package.
I’m glad you brought this up because that’s the next area I have on my list to research. I’m thoroughly confused about the tow packages...they all sound the same to me and I haven’t yet dived deep to understand the nuances or gotchas of each one.

Is there a link to a good thread on it you can share?

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
You can search for specific answers, but page 11 of the Granger Ford Here To Answer Your Questions is the best all out description of the unique features you get with the Max Trailer Tow Package, which is an upgraded bumper, slightly larger rear brakes, and the ability to order the tow mirrors. Those posts were made before the trailer tow ratings were released, so they were based on speculation and comparisons to the 2020 tow ratings, but the 2021 ratings are now posted on the board so you can see exactly what each bed/cab/powertrain is rated to tow in that guide.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...o-answer-your-questions.200/page-11#post-2396

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...hp-lb-ft-payload-towing-capacity-figures.346/

Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy

Alan Coles

First Name
AC53
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2015 VW Touareg TDi, 2011 Lincoln MKZ, and motorcycles
There are no towing options listed in the Order Guide for the Limited, but if you read the details, it states that standard equipment on the Limited is "All Lariat Equipment Plus:". That should mean that everything "standard" on the Lariat (and below) trim level is included in the Limited trim level, (or an upgrade of that item). Therefore, the Limited would get Ford's 53A - Trailer Tow Package (incl. Pro Trailer Backup Assist with Hook-up Light) that comes as standard equipment on the Lariat. The excerpt below from the Ordering Guide identifies that it is standard on the Limited.

The note at the end of the Order Guide listing below makes it appear that the Limited can not be ordered with Trailer Tow Mirrors.

From the Order Guide:
TRAILER TOW PACKAGE (53A)
Usage: Towing capability up to TBD
Availability:
• Optional on XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch® and Platinum
• Standard on Limited
Includes:
• 7-pin wiring harness; includes 7-pin-to-4-pin adapter
• Class IV trailer hitch receiver
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base (100A only); reqs. Tow Technology (17T) on XL (101A only)
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Tailgate LED (standard on Lariat and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (incl. BLIS® w/ Trailer Tow Coverage where is BLIS® available)
NOTE: Ordering the Trailer Tow Package does not include Trailer Tow Mirrors. Trailer Tow Mirrors are a standalone option and must be ordered separately. (Option Code: 54Y/59S (XL, XLT), or 54W (Lariat, King Ranch®, Platinum)
TRAILER TOW PACKAGE (53A)
Usage: Towing capability up to TBD
Availability:
• Optional on XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch® and Platinum
• Standard on Limited
Includes:
• 7-pin wiring harness; includes 7-pin-to-4-pin adapter
• Class IV trailer hitch receiver
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base (100A only); reqs. Tow Technology (17T) on XL (101A only)
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Tailgate LED (standard on Lariat and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector (incl. BLIS® w/ Trailer Tow Coverage where is BLIS® available)
NOTE: Ordering the Trailer Tow Package does not include Trailer Tow Mirrors. Trailer Tow Mirrors are a standalone option and must be ordered separately. (Option Code: 54Y/59S (XL, XLT), or 54W (Lariat, King Ranch®, Platinum)

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
So if this isn’t available on Limited and requires one of the specialized tow packages (e.g. max tow), then what towing capabilities and packages are actually included in the Limited? I see now way to make the towing mirrors a available as an option.
If you want to know the actual tow rating for the Limited, look up your wheelbase for a SuperCrew and your engine choice. Since you cannot get the Max Tow on the Limited, none of the numbers with *** will apply, since they are specific to Max Tow equipped trucks. Here's the link to the guide:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-technical-specifications.139/

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
If you want to know the actual tow rating for the Limited, look up your wheelbase for a SuperCrew and your engine choice. Since you cannot get the Max Tow on the Limited, none of the numbers with *** will apply, since they are specific to Max Tow equipped trucks. Here's the link to the guide:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-technical-specifications.139/
The problem with that one is it has no extra rows with footnotes for "Limited model only" like they did in previous years. I think the consensus is that the Limited has lower tow and payload due to the "upgraded" 22 inch wheels. So assuming it would take a similar hit in 2021 it could be about 2,000lbs conventional towing... Also I *think* I saw that Limited GVWR was 6750# vs other trim max tows of 7050# but don't know if that is strictly due to wheels?
Sponsored