Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
9D876EA0-E65A-4D83-991E-D5E88F387ABA.jpeg
992FE31D-C9BE-410D-925B-2419331DF290.jpeg

I received my stubby Camco adapter from Amazon yesterday. Plugged it in to the truck and out 23’ Airstream, turned on the truck and generator, switched the AS from “store” to “use” set the air as cold as I could. Here are the pictures with the air running.
Not sure why it’s only B powering, but otherwise all seems good.
You are only seeing the B side because the dogbone is only using one leg of the 240 volt plug.....this is all normal. you will only see the A and B light up if you are suing something requiring 240 volts
Sponsored

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
"Can't wait for the ProTrailer Back Up Assist update to drop so I can place the stickers and practice backing into tight camping spaces (at my local, and now abandoned,"

Karl, I wasn't aware Ford was shifting back to stickers and that there was some timetable associated with that. Could you explain? Or perhaps there's a thread on that here? Thanks.

Jack
I would like to know about the sticker update too. I don't want to buy 2 or 3 more sensors for my other trailers.

OP
OP
dog_tired

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Thanks guys, I picked up my new PB Platinum today and it came with stickers and a sensor. My Airstream isn’t due to arrive until July so it looks like I’ve got a little time to figure this out.
Congratulations!!!!!!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
You are only seeing the B side because the dogbone is only using one leg of the 240 volt plug.....this is all normal. you will only see the A and B light up if you are suing something requiring 240 volts
Also, B is better because all interior cab plugs are on A. So it's better balance if you ever tried to power your trailer and interior at the same time.

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platty PB, 18 Audi Q7, 12 Infy G37x
Occupation
IT Professional
Thanks guys, I picked up my new PB Platinum today and it came with stickers and a sensor. My Airstream isn’t due to arrive until July so it looks like I’ve got a little time to figure this out.
[/QUOTEh

Sponsored

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
good luck getting the stickers to work,,,hope the new update will address this

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
I'm purchasing a Platinum Powerboost with 7.2kW ProPower for the primary reason of towing my 23' Airstream Flying Cloud. Starting this thread so that other Airstream and non-Airstream travel trailer can start to share ideas of what works, what doesn't, what might, etc., while taking advantage of this industry changing power source.

I realize that the thread will be mostly speculation until we have the new F150 in our driveways and garages. But I'm hoping that the experienced and inexperienced members of this group find this thread to share what they are learning.

Doesn't need to be limited to the ProPower on board. Tell us about handling, weight distribution, etc.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the "option" of plugging in my Airstream and running the ridge, etc., while heading to campsites, and thereby saving on the LP (maybe even fire up the AC?). Also looking how well the truck handles as an alternative to 30amp shore power.

Going to be fun!
That's awesome. May I ask the payload on your PB. Im purchasing a Lariat PB , 502 High and the sticker is #1425. Very concerned about the tow capacity. Any suggestions would be very helpful

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
That's awesome. May I ask the payload on your PB. Im purchasing a Lariat PB , 502 High and the sticker is #1425. Very concerned about the tow capacity. Any suggestions would be very helpful
The powerbost is rated at 12,400 lbs towing. It's a little lower that the regular ecoboost because of the extra weight of the electric battery

OP
OP
dog_tired

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
My payload is 1219, which is a bit low, but I have the FX4 package, spray in bed liner and factory tonneau. Powerboost, Platinum.

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
My payload is 1219, which is a bit low, but I have the FX4 package, spray in bed liner and factory tonneau. Powerboost, Platinum.
Thanks for the response. Question: my PB has a payload of 1425#
If my tounge wt 1000# ( assuming 10,000# Trailer with including 1000# of cagro) , am I not running out out of runway. I have 4 passengers (600#) and truck cagro (400#). My dealer is saying I can still tow 12,000# based on tow ratings. Am I missing something?

Sponsored

i2oadi2unnei2

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 XLT 3.5 EB 3.73 w/ HDPP @ #2541 payload
Thanks for the response. Question: my PB has a payload of 1425#
If my tounge wt 1000# ( assuming 10,000# Trailer with including 1000# of cagro) , am I not running out out of runway. I have 4 passengers (600#) and truck cagro (400#). My dealer is saying I can still tow 12,000# based on tow ratings. Am I missing something?
Never assume tongue weight, so either you weigh it yourself or go to the scale. NEVER trust any dealer and its best to test his knowledge so if you know your stuff you should quiz your dealer about payload, GVWR, WD and how it works and most importantly the difference between towing and hauling and I betcha he won't know half what you know. Just cause he 'googled' up your truck specs and say you can tow 12k doesn't mean you should. Just remember this basic formula/guide:

Left over payload DIVIDED by .13 (13% sweet spot for tongue weight = GVWR TT you should tow safely. So that translate to:

400/.13= 3076 GVWR Travel trailer

Note that I used 400# not including your weight and stuff and passengers so it appears you're already in the red zone. Sure WD will help a bit but not that much so it appears you will need to get a really light TT. Get all your info here and we're all here to help but at the end of the day YOU make the decision. Safe travels!

Last edited:

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Thank you very much

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
@dog_tired How are you able to tow your aistream with a 1219 payload. Any breakfown on your left over payload and GVWR would be much appreciated. I dont want to scrap the idea of getting the PB.​

i2oadi2unnei2

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 XLT 3.5 EB 3.73 w/ HDPP @ #2541 payload
The 23 AS is considered one of the heaviest tongue weight of all the line up. If you know how to manage your weights and minimize stuff off of the truck place most of them all in the trailer that will help significantly. Lot's of options and variables so you just need to know where to compromise. Some says find the trailer you want first then get the TT that can handle it or vice versa.

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
All of you that are so worried about the tagged payload rating need to relax. There are no payload rating “police”.
If your trailer tongue weight or actual weight in the bed is causing rear to sag a bit, all you should do is use the correct weight distribution hitch and/or use Timbrens or airbags.
If you’ll stay with under an 7000lb. dry weight trailer, I can assure you that you’ll be fine if your truck has at least the base factory trailer tow package. 3.73 gears will be a big plus.
Too many trailer sales folks mistakenly tell prospective customers that a 8500lb dry weight trailer will tow fine behind a 1/2 ton pickup.....not true. While it can be done legally, I would absolutely advise against it. You need a 3/4 ton to COMFORTABLY go that direction.
Stop worrying about your “payload sticker”.
I certainly don’t mean to come off as a know it all, but I’ve been doing the trailer scene both personally and professionally for over 40 years.
Sponsored