Sponsored

Towing 24 Ft Aluminum with UTVs

XLR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Raptor
First post here as I'm currently shopping 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickups. I currently have a 19 Raptor with +3 HD deavers and tow a 24 ft aluminum trailer with a 4 seat Talon and 2 seat Can Am. I also carry tools, tires, fuel and a cooler in the bed with 2 adults/2 kids or maybe 4 adults. My tongue weight is right around 500 lbs and the trailer is around 6500. Payload rating is 1114 pounds so i'm sometimes overweight and it feels like it. I know the Raptor isn't for towing but the truck does well unless loaded down with people.
Anyway i love the new interior and have been looking but i'm likely to alter the suspension with a leveling kit and unless i get the heavy tow package which isn't available (i dont think) with an optioned out Lariat then i'm back in almost the same spot i'm in now with a truck not capable of handling all the crap i want to put in it. I routinely filled the 5.5' bed as well.
Now i had previously had an F250 but it was so terrible to drive around town i sold it for the Raptor. I'm now considering a Ram 2500 since it's coil sprung and a bit plusher around town, plus the interior is miles ahead of the 250.
Lastly, i want to do some camping as well and might add a rack to the rear and possibly a RTT but not sure. Again, probably overloading the 150.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
First post here as I'm currently shopping 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickups. I currently have a 19 Raptor with +3 HD deavers and tow a 24 ft aluminum trailer with a 4 seat Talon and 2 seat Can Am. I also carry tools, tires, fuel and a cooler in the bed with 2 adults/2 kids or maybe 4 adults. My tongue weight is right around 500 lbs and the trailer is around 6500. Payload rating is 1114 pounds so i'm sometimes overweight and it feels like it. I know the Raptor isn't for towing but the truck does well unless loaded down with people.
Anyway i love the new interior and have been looking but i'm likely to alter the suspension with a leveling kit and unless i get the heavy tow package which isn't available (i dont think) with an optioned out Lariat then i'm back in almost the same spot i'm in now with a truck not capable of handling all the crap i want to put in it. I routinely filled the 5.5' bed as well.
Now i had previously had an F250 but it was so terrible to drive around town i sold it for the Raptor. I'm now considering a Ram 2500 since it's coil sprung and a bit plusher around town, plus the interior is miles ahead of the 250.
Lastly, i want to do some camping as well and might add a rack to the rear and possibly a RTT but not sure. Again, probably overloading the 150.

Any thoughts?
23' Trailer, 5067 dry weight. Two small dirtbikes, fully cooler and 250-300 lbs of firewood attached. No issues whatsoever. This is the XLT with the max-tow package and 6.5' bed. 3/4 tons are great, but for me, I tow the trailer 12 times a year but put on 20,000 miles a month for my job. I prefer to have a great everyday driver with a truck that is adequately equipped for towing but not overkill for my needs such as a 250/2500.

I also plan to level the truck and overload springs/air bags are always an option if needed. There is a guide on the forums somewhere that gives you the full tow rating and payload capacity of the different models and trim. Given the hellish loads that I hauled in my 2011 F150, I feel very confident that I will not be overloading this 2021.

Ford F-150 Towing 24 Ft Aluminum with UTVs 5

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
23' Trailer, 5067 dry weight. Two small dirtbikes, fully cooler and 250-300 lbs of firewood attached. No issues whatsoever. This is the XLT with the max-tow package and 6.5' bed. 3/4 tons are great, but for me, I tow the trailer 12 times a year but put on 20,000 miles a month for my job. I prefer to have a great everyday driver with a truck that is adequately equipped for towing but not overkill for my needs such as a 250/2500.

I also plan to level the truck and overload springs/air bags are always an option if needed. There is a guide on the forums somewhere that gives you the full tow rating and payload capacity of the different models and trim. Given the hellish loads that I hauled in my 2011 F150, I feel very confident that I will not be overloading this 2021.

5.jpg
what kind of hitch are you using? anything special?

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
what kind of hitch are you using? anything special?
I am using the Husky "Centerline TS" weight distribution hitch. Setup was typical for all WD hitches and it did great with sway from crosswinds. Very happy with this hitch and is well priced.

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
I am using the Husky "Centerline TS" weight distribution hitch. Setup was typical for all WD hitches and it did great with sway from crosswinds. Very happy with this hitch and is well priced.
Thanks. I am looking at wd hitches right now and trying to decide.
Sponsored