First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
I believe you may be correct.. When pulling up the info on the "Class IV Trailer Hitch" it has this info...

NOTE: Ordering the Trailer Tow Package does not include Integrated Brake Controller.
Integrated Brake Controller is a standalone option and must be ordered separately.

But when pulling up the "Trailer Tow Package" it shows it is included.. So who knows.. :)
Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 sticker

Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 thumbnail
Sponsored

Last edited:

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I'm still telling you guys, I get the eerie feeling that with "trailer tow package" you do NOT get the INTEGRATED trailer brake controller of the max tow. I would absolutely hate for people to try to save a few bucks because they only feel they don't need an upgraded bumper on max tow (especially on the hybrids) when I feel that integrated controller is important.

In the previous years it is getting clearer in searching older forums and also dealer website descriptions, that the integrated controller is a standalone option you would have to add, and it makes up for the gap in max tow vs tow package price.

I am VERY curious as to what "trailer brake controller" even means in the regular tow package... I want to see interior shots of where the squeeze trigger goes, as well as the in dash trailer menus, but I realize NO ONE does that in any review as they only get the trucks for a few hours and keep talking about the folding shifter for half of it.
I think you do.

The attached jpg is the order my dealer submitted. Below is from the Ford website listing what my VIN# comes with.
Both say I'm getting Integrated Brake Controller and the sales order lists it as zero cost so it must come with it.
I did have to pay extra for the 360 degree camera system and E locking rear axle. The 36ga tank won't fit on the reg cab (along with a bunch of other options I wanted) and I'll upgrade my rear bumper if I decide I want that.

2021 F150 XLT 4X4 VIN# 1FTMF1E58MKE18097

The XLT Mid Equipment Group Includes XLT Standard Features, Plus:
 PACKAGES
 Class IV Trailer Hitch (includes Smart Trailer Tow Connector, 4-pin/7-pin wiring, Class IV trailer hitch receiver)
 EXTERIOR
 Manual-Folding, Power Glass Sideview Mirrors with Heat, Turn Signal and Black Skull Caps (Includes Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
 SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad
 INTERIOR
 8" Productivity Screen in Instrument Cluster
 8-way Power Driver’s Seat
 Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
 Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
 Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
 Rear Under-Seat Storage (Not Available on Regular Cab or with 2.0kW Pro Power Onboard)
 SYNC® 4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition - 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability; Information On Demand Panel; Wireless Phone Connection; Cloud Connected; AppLink® w/ App Catalog; 911 Assist®; Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Compatibility; Digital Owner’s Manual; Conversational Voice Command Recognition
Package Highlights
 Grille - Black Two-Bar Style with Chrome Surround and Black Accents
 3.3L Ti-VCT V6
 BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Tow Coverage
Standard Features
Exterior Features
 170 Degree Rear Door (SuperCab only)
 Hooks - Front Tow, Two (4x4 Only)
 Side Mirrors - Heated
 Side Mirrors - Manual Folding
 Side Mirrors - Power Adjust
 Spare Tire Carrier - Rear Underframe
 Fully-Boxed, High-Strength Steel Frame
 Autolamp - Automatic on/off Headlamps with Rainlamp Wiper Activated Headlamps
 Easy Fuel® Capless Fuel Filler
 Hooks - Cargo Box Tie-Down (4)
 Tailgate, Power Lock
 Automatic High-Beams
 Auto Hold
 Bumper, Front - Chrome
 Bumper, Rear - Chrome
 Cargo Lamp, Integrated with Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
 Daytime Running Lamps
 Fog Lamps - Halogen
 Grille - Black Two-Bar Style with Chrome Surround and Black Accents
 Headlamps - Halogen
 Handles, Door and Tailgate - Black with Black Tailgate Bezel
 Taillamps - Halogen
 Side Mirrors, Skull Caps - Black
 Window - Rear - Fixed Glass with Privacy Tint and Defroster
 Windows - First-row - Power, One-Touch Up/Down Driver and Passenger
 Windows - Second-Row - Power (SuperCab and SuperCrew®)
 17-Inch Silver-Painted Aluminum Wheels
 245/70 R17 BSW All-Season Tires (4x2 Only)
 265/70 R17 OWL All-Terrain tires (4x2 Diesel SuperCrew 157-inch Wheelbase only)
 265/70 R17 OWL All-Terrain Tires (4x4 Only)
 Jack
Interior Features
 Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
 Cruise Control
 Delayed Accessory Power
 Dome Light
 Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
 Fully Flat Load Floor (SuperCrew® Models)
 Gauges and Meters – Fuel, Oil Pressure, Transmission Temperature and Engine Coolant Temperature; Speedometer, Odometer and Tachometer
 Grab handles (A-Pillar) - Front, Driver- and Passenger-Side
 Grab handles (B-Pillar) - Rear, Driver- and Passenger-Side (SuperCrew® Only)
 Horn, Dual-Note
 Intermittent Windshield Wipers
 Lane-Keeping System
 Outside Temperature Display
 Power Door Locks with Flip Key and Integrated Key Transmitter Keyless Entry Including Auto-Lock
 Powerpoint, 12V
 Rearview Mirror, Day/Night
 Reverse Sensing System
 Steering Wheel, Manual Tilt/Telescoping
 Visors with Driver- and Passenger-Side Covered Mirrors
 Color-Coordinated Carpet with Carpeted Floor Mats
 SYNC® 4
 8-Inch Center-Stack Screen
 FordPass™ Connect with 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot
 Seats - Front - 40/20/40, Cloth
 Seats - Front, Manual Driver and Passenger Lumbar
 Seats - Rear - 60/40 Flip Up Split Bench with Elongated Cusion (SuperCrew®)
 Seats - Rear - 60/40 Flip-Up Split Bench (SuperCab)
Packages
 Ford Co-Pilot360™ 2.0
Power and Handling
 Axle, Front - Independent Front Suspension
 Electronic-Shift-on-the-Fly (ESOF) with Neutral Towing Capability (4x4 Only)
 Hill Start Assist
 Springs - Front, Coil
 Springs - Rear, Leaf, Two-Stage Variable Rate
 Steering - Power Rack-and-Pinion Steering
 Trailer Sway Control
 Selectable Drive Modes - Normal, ECO, Sport, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Trail (4x2)
 Selectable Drive Modes - Normal, ECO, Sport, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Deep Snow/Sand, Mud/Rut (4x4 only)
 5.0 V8 with Auto Start-Stop Engine Technology
 Electronic 10-Speed Automatic Transmission
 Fuel Tank - 23-Gallon (Regular Cab, SuperCab)
 Fuel Tank - 26-Gallon (SuperCrew®)
 Fuel Tank - 30.6-Gallon (PowerBoost™ engine only)
Safety
 Rear View Camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist
 MyKey®
 Perimeter Anti-Theft Alarm
 Remote Keyless Entry System
 SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System
 SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
 Spare Tire and Wheel Lock
 AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®)
 Airbags - Front, Driver and Passenger
 Airbags - Front, Driver and Passenger Seat-Mounted Side
 Airbags - Safety Canopy® Side Curtains
 BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert
 Curve Control
 Four-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
 Safety Belts - Active Restraint System (ARS), Three-Point Manual Lap/Shoulder Belts with Height Adjusters, Pretensioners and Energy Management Retractors on Outside Front Positions
 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
 360-Degree Camera Package
 Power Equipment Group
 Snow Plow Prep
 FX4 Off-Road Package
 Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0
 LED Box Lighting
 Privacy Glass
 Skid Plates
 Tailgate Step
 Interior Work Surface
 Fog Lamps
 Color-coordinated Carpet w/Carpeted Matching Floor Mats
 Reverse Sensing System
 Remote Start System
 Rear-Window Defroster
 SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad, Driver's Side
 8-Way Power Driver's Seat
 BoxLink™
 Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
 LED Side-Mirror Spotlights
 AM/FM with Clock and SiriusXM with 360L
 Cloth 40/20/40 Front-Seat with Folding Armrest, Cupholders and Storage
 Medium Dark Slate
 SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
 3.31 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
 265/70R 17 OWL All-Terrain Tires

 17" Silver Painted Aluminum Wheels
 Antimatter Blue Metallic
 4X4
 5.0L V8 with Auto Start-Stop Technology and Flex-Fuel Capability Engine
 Electronic Ten-Speed Automatic Transmission with Selectable Drive Modes

Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 F150 order 3-20-21

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
It's a bit under 200, but was going off Payload stickers on like-for-like 2021 Platinums. Window stickers were identical except the twin panel, and payload was 160-ish lower on the twin panel truck.

Hardly scientific, and hopefully it is just 66 like you say, but I would find that a bit harder to believe. That laminated glass alone probably weighs that, before track, motor, etc. You are removing metal, but it's aluminum and maybe some sound dampening material. Maybe losing a few lbs and adding in a decent amount more.

But I can't find anything for sure on the total moonroof weight, found the parts but nobody was listing weights.
The numbers I was quoting was from the 44 page "2021 F-150 Weights & Specs" from the section "Actual Regular Production Option Content Weight".

It literally list everything, like the power adjustable brake and gas pedals are 7lbs.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
The numbers I was quoting was from the 44 page "2021 F-150 Weights & Specs" from the section "Actual Regular Production Option Content Weight".

It literally list everything, like the power adjustable brake and gas pedals are 7lbs.
Oh very cool, wish I had come across that before ordering, haha. Will be a good resource to keep in mind for next time. Thanks!

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
I am not a big fan that FORD keeps listing the hitch as a IV class hitch. It is only rated for 500lb tongue weight without weight distribution system. To me this is false advertising now I have to buy a $250 aftermarket hitch and cut off 2" receiver drop. My truck has the tow package and E-lock-3.73 rear-end but according to their tow spec. sheet I should be able to tow 7,700 (without any modifications) or [12,900# with max towing package]. A 7,700 trailer should have a tongue weight of 1,155-1,540# This is just not possible without weight distribution??? Who's boat trailer has a weight distribution attachment? WTF

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
however, with the new "onboard scales" feature coming this summer that requires max tow, I am a bit conflicted, as it seems like it'd be really cool. I just want a payload estimator included in the build and price configurator so we could all stop worrying/guessing what our builds would actually have, argh! :) As I add/remove packages, etc, is the payload going to be 1400lb or 1600lbs or what...That would definitely impact how I'd build it.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...g-and-smart-suspension-damping-features.3359/
I ended up ordering with Max Tow and the new Onboard Scales... will post Payload and Window stickers whenever it arrives....

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I am not a big fan that FORD keeps listing the hitch as a IV class hitch. It is only rated for 500lb tongue weight without weight distribution system. To me this is false advertising now I have to buy a $250 aftermarket hitch and cut off 2" receiver drop. My truck has the tow package and E-lock-3.73 rear-end but according to their tow spec. sheet I should be able to tow 7,700 (without any modifications) or [12,900# with max towing package]. A 7,700 trailer should have a tongue weight of 1,155-1,540# This is just not possible without weight distribution??? Who's boat trailer has a weight distribution attachment? WTF
Agreed, so I called Ford and they explained that the hitch can handle 14k (as per rating) actual trailer tow, but that the gross vehicle weight is what limits the TRUCK and therefore the trailer hitch to 5,000 pounds without weight distribution. My boat and trailer weigh 9,750 pounds combined and use surge braking, and the trailer format is incompatible with weight distribution hitches. I VERY carefully balanced the boat on the trailer to get the tongue weight to 9% (Load Rite's specification, way less that the normal 15% used for RV's and other trailers), moved the boat forward 12" to get it there using CAT scales, and added Airlift bags to get final balance, but found I did not need much because sag wasn't bad (30 psi out of 100 max to get back to 40" arch clearance), and was able to keep both of the axle weights within 200 pounds (under) max load. Technically over the hitch limit, but Ford says that's expected where weight distribution isn't possible. I did buy one and tried it, found it couldn't be done. Had no issues with getting the weight motivated, or with sway or any other towing issues, but braking and mpg became a joke compared to the F-350 it replaced (KR PB). YMMV, but I think you'll be fine with only 800 pounds, maybe less for a boat tongue weight, and using the stock hitch. I am having no issue with that part of my configuration. I also suggest better (truck) E-rated tires.

Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 Truck towin

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hink you'll be fine with only 800 pounds, maybe less for a boat tongue weight, and using the stock hitch. I am having no issue with that part of my configuration. I
Thanks for the summary. Interesting that FORD said that... My 2018 had the same thing with the factory trailer hitch without the max payload just the heavy payload and E-lock 3.55 I towed 120 miles with a trailer having ~700-900# tongue weight and it bent the hitch down 12degrees! I talked with a few other F150 owners I knew and two of them had the same issue and the other two didn't tow. One of the guys who had that happen regularly towed a 7500# wake boarding boat/trailer combo and after his 3rd trip he took the truck in and got a f250 with the powerstroke. My personal experience, I bought an aftermarket hitch for my last towing trip of 2700 miles and it hooked up easy and didn't move. That trip I towed my wife's car at 65mph max and that little EB2.7 got 17mpg over the whole trip!

tbone-CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Scab XLT Leadfoot
Occupation
button pusher
Wish I would have saved the calculator output.

The towing guide has what I was after. Trailer weight shows 11,200 and the below package option table. Didn't realize that I was getting a different axle or bumper with the max tow.

Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 1625701718504

Mortonsk9s

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 and 2022 F150
Occupation
Engineering
I am sure this has been asked alot for the 21's but I have checked the User Manual and all online references and from what I can tell that the 3.5 Eco with the Max tow 53C and 3.55 gears is good for 13,900 Lbs.? But my hitch states 14,000 Lbs. This is my forth Aluminum body and they just keep getting better. I do not tow often and just happen to fall into this setup my other truck can tow anything I would want to tow, but just trying to make sure. I know it is only a 100 pound difference but I am just curious.
Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 tag 1
Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 ta

Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
It's a generic label for the hitch that is installed, not specific to your (or any other) truck. Follow whatever the documentation that came with your truck says with regards to payload and tow rating.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am sure this has been asked alot for the 21's but I have checked the User Manual and all online references and from what I can tell that the 3.5 Eco with the Max tow 53C and 3.55 gears is good for 13,900 Lbs.? But my hitch states 14,000 Lbs. This is my forth Aluminum body and they just keep getting better. I do not tow often and just happen to fall into this setup my other truck can tow anything I would want to tow, but just trying to make sure. I know it is only a 100 pound difference but I am just curious.
tag 1.jpg
tag.jpg

Thanks
You have the 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4 with 53C max tow package? You have a loading sticker below your configuration sticker THIS loading sticker will give you the capacity of your truck as part of a backwards calculation. I wish FORD would flat out tell you your GCVWR instead of GVWR as you can see by the chart below its Very dependent on your configuration. My truck actually has a higher GVWR than your truck but you have a higher rear spring capacity by your 53C package and SPR - 33CC. Your truck should have a loading sticker that reads 3150lbs if I understand Ford's charts in order to have the 14,000 (4x2)/ 13,900 (4x4) towing capacity. I wish Ford just listed the GCVWR on the loading sticker instead of making people guess.
Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 payload not mine.JPG
Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 Towing not ours.JPG

Use the formula to determine if you can carry the following gear and people in a truck with a curb weight of 6,000 pounds and a GCVWR of 15,000 pounds:

• Three 150-pound passengers
  • A quarter-cord of firewood at 1,250 pounds
  • Tow a 2,800-pound car
  • With a 2,000-pound car trailer
The calculation for determining the towing capacity for a truck carrying the above gear requires you to subtract everything moved by the vehicle from the curb weight and the GCVWR:

• GCVWR – curb weight – cargo – passengers ≥ total towing weight
  • 15,000 pounds – 6,000 pounds – 1,250 pounds – (3 people x 150 pounds each) = 7,300 pounds towing capacity
  • Car + trailer = total towing weight
  • 2,800 pounds + 2,000 pounds = 4,800 pounds total towed weight
Because the total towing weight of 4,800 pounds is less than the total towing capacity of 7,300 pounds, you can safely carry everything listed while still towing the car.
https://www.readingbody.com/calculating-your-trucks-maximum-payload-and-towing-capacity/
Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 Load Sticker
Ford F-150 Tow Package Breakdown For 2021 F-150 Config Sticker

I also think that 100 lbs is negligible when considering towing capacities nearing 13,900lbs and that is probably about 4,000 lbs over my comfort level with a non-SUPERDUTY truck IMHO.

Mortonsk9s

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 and 2022 F150
Occupation
Engineering
Thanks Tokyo Joe, I appericate all the effort put into that, I will post that load sticker here soon I need to take a pic. I agree Ford needs to post this information so people do not damage their trucks or make unsafe choices by not having the correct information properly given to them without having to search everywhere. I do know with the springs the truck doesnt ride the best compared to my other F-150's. It floats more almost like an old LTD with bad shocks over bumps. Alot of front to back motion I did not notice until I get it home. I usually tune my trucks for 1/4 mile and towing is a second though. This truck is more comfortable and relaxing then the previous gen besides the front to back sway. My 18 F-150 has alot more sporty feel to the road and handles better by far.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just going off this sticker and some assumptions:
  • Towing capacity is assuming 150lbs for driver.
  • 1723 - 150 = 1573lbs if this is your max capacity of your truck after you add a driver.
  • Towing you put 10-15% of the total weight towing onto the tongue. Lets assume 10%
  • Towing chart says 13,900lbs for your configuration with 53C so 1,390lbs tongue weight.
Summary: I your loading sticker indicates that you can place 1,723 lbs into your truck. Assuming you are towing alone and only weigh 150lbs you are well below the max tow rating IF your tongue weight is only 1,390 lbs. (WITH LOAD DISTRIBUTION) <--- This part really chaps my ass because you can't put more than 500 lbs without load distribution on the factory IV hitches. I bought a CURT aftermarket for my 2018 so I could have more tongue weight without weight distribution, the truck looked stupid with two hitches.

Disclaimer: I still don't fully understand why FORD doesn't put GCVWR on these trucks, so I can't say "you're good" its just the calculations I ran that said I think you're good.
Sponsored