First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Screw 3.5EB max tow
Occupation
Tech
I was cleaning my month old truck today and noticed that the right hand tow mirror camera was exposed. Apparently the camera housing cover jumped off of my truck recently. Has anyone else had this issues. I was going to just buy one but it’s almost $100.00 bucks with delivery. I’ll stop the dealer tomorrow.
Sponsored

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
I was cleaning my month old truck today and noticed that the right hand tow mirror camera was exposed. Apparently the camera housing cover jumped off of my truck recently. Has anyone else had this issues. I was going to just buy one but it’s almost $100.00 bucks with delivery. I’ll stop the dealer tomorrow.
Yes, my right side came off the 1st trip thru the car wash(please don’t give me the side eye, was January in Michigan), I went back to try and find it, no luck. I too looked into buying a replacement, they wanted $90 or so, I walked away extremely disappointed that a stupid piece of plastic was gonna cost me a hundy. Lucky for me, my mother still knows people from her car sales days, the GM at my dealer had it written up under warranty, I would try the same if I were you, might save a C note.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Yes, my right side came off the 1st trip thru the car wash(please don’t give me the side eye, was January in Michigan), I went back to try and find it, no luck. I too looked into buying a replacement, they wanted $90 or so, I walked away extremely disappointed that a stupid piece of plastic was gonna cost me a hundy. Lucky for me, my mother still knows people from her car sales days, the GM at my dealer had it written up under warranty, I would try the same if I were you, might save a C note.
no side eye here bro. I live in Michigan. And I go thru the car wash all the time. It just is what it is. 👍

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
no side eye here bro. I live in Michigan. And I go thru the car wash all the time. It just is what it is. 👍
I hand wash whenever I can, but when it’s witch Titty cold, $6 is an easy decision

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I hand wash whenever I can, but when it’s witch Titty cold, $6 is an easy decision
Copy that! Same here. I got min rust proofed but yeah she will be going thru the wash in the winter. Gotta keep that cancer away as long as possible. 😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
The cover was ordered by the Dealer. Since I live in the North east I tried something different. I sprayed everything under the truck with Fluid Film. I’ll wash the gram in the spring and reapply. My two previous trucks I tried to undercoat but that seemed to make things worse.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Had mine in for repair/repaint (some a**hole keyed my whole right side front to tailgate in a HD parking lot, and no, before anyone asks, I was parked in the lines...). Anyway my camera cover was missing also (though I think that may have happened from earlier). I asked the repair shop (owned by the local Ford Dealer) to order the replacement. When I went to pick truck up, they said they "couldn't order that part" (about $0.50 of plastic) and had to replace the whole mirror. Charged my Insurance company $1500 for the part plus labor to remove and install. Ridiculous.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I looked that part up it’s readily available from Ford. But it was 70.00 with 16.00 shipping. I figured that the cover shouldn’t just fall off so let Ford pay for it.

Groot

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 with 502 package, 360, BLIS
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone happen to know what the part number is for this price of plastic camera cover. Apparently mine were borrowed from my hotel parking lot. Looks stupid without them. I have looked on the parts lists as well as contacted Ford and so far I am bien told that I have to pay for new mirrors as the caps are not available separately.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I was able to get it separately since mine fell off. I’ll check to see if I can find part number.

Sponsored

Groot

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 with 502 package, 360, BLIS
Occupation
Retired
That would be greatly appreciated, thank you

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
This should be a good starting point. I ended up supplying the part number. Used a flexible proxy to glue the new cap on.

Ford F-150 Tow mirror camera cover IMG_2819
Sponsored