Sponsored

Total loss of power, transmission 'shifts to neutral' under acceleration

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor, 2021 F150
Just wondering if anyone else has been having the same issues, or knows anything. Just picked up my '21 on Friday, and on Monday, and today, Tuesday, under light to moderate acceleration, the truck 'shifts to neutral', and I lose all power. Service transmission/4WD system message on Ford Pass, service engine icon on dash. Truck will rev, but won't go anywhere. I park, and it won't go into park for 3-5 seconds, shift back to Drive, or Reverse, and it gives a "Selected gear will be available at lower RPMS" but it won't shift into any gear at all. I have to shut it off, and restart the truck to get it to do anything.

First time, I chalked it up to a fluke, this time, I'm pissed, and have message to my sales guy. Will call him in the morning, but curious if others have any similar issues.
Sponsored

Reactions: LRK

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Take it to service----something is not right for sure

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just wondering if anyone else has been having the same issues, or knows anything. Just picked up my '21 on Friday, and on Monday, and today, Tuesday, under light to moderate acceleration, the truck 'shifts to neutral', and I lose all power. Service transmission/4WD system message on Ford Pass, service engine icon on dash. Truck will rev, but won't go anywhere. I park, and it won't go into park for 3-5 seconds, shift back to Drive, or Reverse, and it gives a "Selected gear will be available at lower RPMS" but it won't shift into any gear at all. I have to shut it off, and restart the truck to get it to do anything.

First time, I chalked it up to a fluke, this time, I'm pissed, and have message to my sales guy. Will call him in the morning, but curious if others have any similar issues.
Good morning, Michael. Would you please send us a private message with your VIN and mileage so we can look into the Transmission issue for you? I'd love to help you sort this out so you can get back to driving your F-150 carefree!

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor, 2021 F150
Absolutely! I appreciate you reaching out.

OP
OP
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor, 2021 F150
Take it to service----something is not right for sure
My local dealership is trying to schedule it for dropping it off, they have no idea what it could be.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Some plug or sensor is not in all the way I bet…so much tech in these things. Sorry you’re dealing with that on your new truck I’d be rather upset as well. Hopefully it’s a quick fix and you can get back to enjoying the new ride.
Sponsored