First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I had meant to post this many months ago, but never got around to finishing the list. For now, this will be more focused on the Powerboost model, but I may add additional PIDs that aren't hybrid specific if I find them and there is interest. For now, this is more for those of us that want to monitor the hybrid system closer. I've attached is a list of custom PIDs that will allow you to do so. You will need Torque Pro (paid version) on Android to be able to use these. I don't know what the equivalent is on iOS, but if you find one, these should work if they use the same PID format. I'm pretty sure that OBDLink (also Android) uses the same PID format, so you can probably use them in that app as well. If any users find additional PIDs that they want added to the list, let me know and I'll add them in. I did find

This was put together from a few other PID lists that I had found for the C-Max Hybrid and I think Fusion or Escape Hybrid models. Not everything that was on those lists worked, so I removed anything that didn't seem to provide any useful data. To use it, just download the attachment, rename it from a *.txt to *.csv (the forum won't allow CSV attachments) and import it into the app. From there, you should be able to easily add gauges on your dashboard to view the data, or log it if you want to log trips. If there are any questions or issues, let me know.
Sponsored

Attachments

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Is it an actual csv file?
I ask because I attempted to open it in Excel (mobile) and it errored out. Looking forward to seeing your work!

If you ever find the oil pressure pid for an Ecoboost, I'm sending you and your wife out for a steak dinner! That's the one pid I am sadly missing when I abandoned my Ngauge OBD tuner. It worked perfectly on the variable speed oil pump on my 2018, 2021, 2022 3.5 Ecoboost trucks.

OP
OP
imnuts

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Is it an actual csv file?
I ask because I attempted to open it in Excel (mobile) and it errored out. Looking forward to seeing your work!

If you ever find the oil pressure pid for an Ecoboost, I'm sending you and your wife out for a steak dinner! That's the one pid I am sadly missing when I abandoned my Ngauge OBD tuner. It worked perfectly on the variable speed oil pump on my 2018, 2021, 2022 3.5 Ecoboost trucks.
It's saved as a text file, but in CSV format. The forum won't allow CSV extensions. I didn't want to save it as an Excel file as that is slightly harder to get back compared to renaming the file.

As far as the oil pressure PID, I was looking for it, but I don't think you'll ever find it. There's a pressure switch, but not a transducer. It will send a signal for good or bad only, and I'm pretty sure this is typical on most vehicles. I don't think you get an OBDII oil pressure reading and the only way to get it is to add a gauge or transducer somewhere.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's saved as a text file, but in CSV format. The forum won't allow CSV extensions. I didn't want to save it as an Excel file as that is slightly harder to get back compared to renaming the file.

As far as the oil pressure PID, I was looking for it, but I don't think you'll ever find it. There's a pressure switch, but not a transducer. It will send a signal for good or bad only, and I'm pretty sure this is typical on most vehicles. I don't think you get an OBDII oil pressure reading and the only way to get it is to add a gauge or transducer somewhere.
I imported it after I responded above. Nice list. I see you have OAR. That one took me some work to track down the formula.

As for oil pressure, there IS a PID. It's similar to the head temperature pid, in respect to its a calculated (inferred?) value by the pcm, because, as you stated, there's no actual sensor in place that is direct support for the desired value reading.

HPTuners has the PID for oil pressure, but they aren't Sharing. Even Forscan (full version) has the PID.
My Ngauge is running HPTuner code on my Powerboost here:

Ford F-150 Torque Pro Custom PIDs 20220606_134440

OP
OP
imnuts

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I imported it after I responded above. Nice list. I see you have OAR. That one took me some work to track down the formula.
I took the OAR PID you posted from the other thread and added it here :censored:

Sponsored

OP
OP
imnuts

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I found a few more working PIDs, so I updated the list in the OP. Same instructions apply. Download the updated file and rename to CSV to import. I'm going to put a date stamp on file updates just to help with keeping track of versions.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Adding these to torque for the road trip we're currently taking. Thanks! Only thing I've changed so far is the HVB current sign. My brain processes negative as a discharge whereas it looks like the truck calls negative a charge. These trucks are certainly impressive. I'm even posting this from the truck wifi

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Cool, grabbed the PID files.

The AA solution still involves jumping through hoops but it does look like they have improved upon the initial version of the app.
Sponsored