Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Ever try to put a bull elk in a SUV?
Yes. No prob. Have put plenty of game in a Suburban in back the day. But would prefer an open bed for that. Just don't see covering up the bed lighting, camera, etc.
Sponsored

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
I don’t get it. Might as well buy an SUV. Have to crawl in anyway.
That’s
Yes. No prob. Have put plenty of game in a Suburban in back the day. But would prefer an open bed for that. Just don't see covering up the bed lighting, camera, etc.
Yea there’s a ton of good reasons for a topper that don’t fit along with an SUV. Easy washout, no need for seats, etc. To each their own. I personally want one for putting dogs in kennels in the bed for shelter from elements and their safety traveling.

I am curious if the V series here does cover the bed camera though. To the OP,I’m assuming it does cover it?

Reactions: Don

Lugusthedog

First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Maxtow 3.5 EB
Occupation
retired
Does it cover up the bed camera, if you’ve got one? I’m assuming it does.
It sure does. I did not use bed camera. I did put a thee 12V port in as part of the install, for things ( I can use it for the portable compressor rather than using battery terminals, but mostly to power a rear dashcam.

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I don’t get it. Might as well buy an SUV. Have to crawl in anyway.
I can see your point. But, with the 6.5 bed I’m pretty sure I’ll have more cargo space then a SUV with two passengers in the back. Plus, more payload and towing capacity On the F150.

my last f150 was a short bed and I had a folding soft tonneau cover. I would like a little more cargo room that is covered and somewhat secure.

my concern with a topper was tall items but anything large and I just pull the 5’x10’ utility trailer. if I didn‘t have a utility trailer then I’d be less inclined to get a topper.

but, I’ve never had a topper and i may regret it later. :)

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I had a topper on my tacoma years ago but a tonneau on my recent silverado. Since we load mulch and sod every few months, I would think a topper would be a pain to deal with. But I do like the idea of more security with one or an easier way to put our kayaks on top with a topper. But then again, it'll lower payload for when we need to tow a TT, so with all that, we probaby won't get one. ymmv. I did like having when I had the tacoma.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I've had plenty of F150's in the past (with toppers) and got a 2019 Expedition at the moment while waiting for my 150 Platinum to come in. It too will have a topper just like all the others before it. I use my truck for things other than taking myself to work or the occasional Home Depot trip. I keep tools and equipment in mine at all times, washes out easily and if absolutely needed, the topper comes off, but that only happened once, before i had Trailers.
Each to his own, Toppers for this guy!

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Dont know this yet, but i'm hoping Leer and others will incorporate a small window into the mold to allow the cameras to do it's intended job....

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
I have a 6.5’ 100XL on pre-order. Dealer told me about 3 weeks before production as well.
can you provide a few pictures . Trying to decide the cap to get

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
I’ve been holding out for an ARE Revo, but damn this is taking a long time.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I finally gave in and ordered a Leer 100XL. I can't wait anymore with camping season upon us.
I just received word that my Leer 100XR is complete and should ship next week. I should get it installed 2 days before we leave for a 2 week camping trip.

we likely ordered from the same dealer since I’m also in west Michigan. If so, they were very helpful in getting updates from Leer. there Was quite a bit of delay but both Leer and the dealer were really trying to get me the topper before vacation.

just FYI, I preordered on January 30 but I don’t think they actually started making them until maybe April.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
can you provide a few pictures . Trying to decide the cap to get
Haven’t gotten mine yet. I ordered it April 20 and was told that it could take up to 3 months, which means I could still be waiting until late July. But I’ll post pictures when it does arrive

NateV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
I emailed ARE in early may and they still had no ETA for the Z or Z2 yet.

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
after a long wait and getting down to the wire on when I needed it for vacation the Leer 100XR arrived and is installed. 2 days before vacation.

I’m liking it so far but need to get used to the lack of visibility out the back.

Ford F-150 Topper availability? 104BB4A1-AB9E-4F8E-8F52-6E49B4F7FD2F
Sponsored