First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Maxtow 3.5 EB
Occupation
retired
Can you post a picture of how the back window meets the tailgate? I'm interested to see it its curved to match the tailgate or if its flat.
Will later today when I get back. It is curved to match truck tailgate, similiar to2020's, so the ARE flap goes over the tailate, will keep water out.
Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Is your ARE the Z Series? It looks like it, but I am no expert. I ordered the Z Series 3 weeks ago expecting to wait another 8 weeks or so. Yours looks very nice!

Lugusthedog

First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Here it is from the back. It is the V series. It was only model available when I ordered and I could not wait any longer. It will work fine and the other stuff dry and not so dusty when camping.
Ford F-150 Topper availability? ARE BACK

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Is the ARE on the back window a decal or is it baked into the glass? Just not a fan of advertising something I just bought and paid for. No big deal, just curious.

Sponsored

Lugusthedog

First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Is the ARE on the back window a decal or is it baked into the glass? Just not a fan of advertising something I just bought and paid for. No big deal, just curious.
Decal you can take it off just like all of the F-150 advertising on your truck.

Reactions: Don

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Here it is from the back. It is the V series. It was only model available when I ordered and I could not wait any longer. It will work fine and the other stuff dry and not so dusty when camping.
ARE BACK.jpg
Just received a quote for one of these today at $2079 with the front slider window. Does your power tailgate still work with this cap? I'm assuming you would need to lift it to close it back, but would be nice if it opened with the power still.

Lugusthedog

First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Just received a quote for one of these today at $2079 with the front slider window. Does your power tailgate still work with this cap? I'm assuming you would need to lift it to close it back, but would be nice if it opened with the power still.
Sorry for late replay, took truck out camping. Power tailgate still works fine, but the ARE cap snugs down tight and if you left the top unlocked the tailgate would not have the ummpf to open.

thats a good price, i would make sure the front window has both slider and drop down, otherwise hard to clean the windows. I also added some 12v power outlets in back to hook up a rear dash cam. its a nice top.

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Just got an email from the Leer dealer and the 100XR 6.5’ is going into production. They indicated 3-5 weeks but maybe a little longer since it is a new mold. We leave on a big camping vacation in 7 weeks so I’m hoping it will be in by then or I’ll be kind of screwed Trying to find a tonneau cover at the last minute.

fingers crossed the timing works out. With my luck it will get held up for some $3 part that is on a slow boat across the pacific.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I have a 6.5’ 100XL on pre-order. Dealer told me about 3 weeks before production as well.

Sponsored

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I have a Leer 180 cap on order for my 6.5 box. Supplier told me that 2020 would not fit and 2021 model would be available in late December.
I have not followed up with the Leer supplier as I don’t have a truck to install it on. Car dealerships in Quebec are closed until Feb 08 due COVID lockdown.
So no truck and no information

Mike, waiting in the North
I too want another 180 and the local Leer dealer pretty well said the same.....late fall, even winter

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I don’t get it. Might as well buy an SUV. Have to crawl in anyway.