OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Local Leer dealer emailed last week saying Leer was taking preorders so I went in and ordered a Leer 100XR. dealer said to expect 10-12 weeks but he admitted he was just guessing.

I was targeting a A.R.E. but they wouldn’t give any type of ETA the multiple times I asked And the ARE dealer said it was a 13 weak lead time normally for the cap. plus, I liked that I could get framed side windows and a frameless rear window on the Leer. I wavered on the wing doors on the sides but didn’t end up ordering them.
Sponsored

cogatti

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 King Ranch
Occupation
retired
Has anyone else been reaching out to fiberglass topper manufacturers to check on when they might be available?

I've contacted A.R.E. a few times. Once back in November to see if the previous years would fit and the answer was no and they had no time frame for when 2021 could be ordered. I just contacted them again this week and the response was that they were testing them but had no ETA.would be nice if they could give some idea either weeks or months.

I've reached out to Leer as well but haven’t gotten a response yet.

I know it will take a while to be built but we have a vacation coming up this spring and I’ll need either a topper or at least a tonneau cover. If I’m going to wait 6 months then I’ll just find a cheaper used hard tonneau that fits for now and sell it later for a loss. I’d really prefer an A.R.E. But if they can’t give any kind of information then I guess I have to explore other options.

just curious if anyone else has been getting information.
OK....changee my mind on a truck tonneau cover....the fiberglas A.R.E. cover I have on my 2010 King Ranch is great, but just remember with the power operated tailgate up and down, you can't operate it with a fiberglas cover,....that's why I went with the "fusion" model, folding, which will match my paint color and can still operate the tailgate with the cover closed.....it'll look Awesome!

midwestxlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Local Leer dealer emailed last week saying Leer was taking preorders so I went in and ordered a Leer 100XR. dealer said to expect 10-12 weeks but he admitted he was just guessing.

I was targeting a A.R.E. but they wouldn’t give any type of ETA the multiple times I asked And the ARE dealer said it was a 13 weak lead time normally for the cap. plus, I liked that I could get framed side windows and a frameless rear window on the Leer. I wavered on the wing doors on the sides but didn’t end up ordering them.
Same response from ARE for me and couldn’t get the Windoors unless I went with a fully framed rear window. I had the 100XR on my 2011 and was a great topper. I liked the frameless rear window and actually kept the topper and gave it to a buddy who is still driving a 2011. When the dealer said they didn’t want it, it was a no brainer. So I’m doing the 100XR again adding headliner, Windoors with screens, and remote access. I train and compete with retrievers so need some air flow for the pups and I think some side access will be handy.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Topper can’t get here soon enough. Kind of hard to go get some drywall when the bed is half full of snow

Ford F-150 Topper availability? 256D3050-610E-4F70-9262-7DC5D2F446D6

Sponsored

Lugusthedog

First Name
Lugus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Maxtow 3.5 EB
Occupation
retired
Ordered an ARE last week, they have one model available for the 5.5 bed. Other model might be 5-6 month out plus production time. Should have mine in 8 weeks =/- 1

tbone-CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Scab XLT Leadfoot
Occupation
button pusher
Leer site is now showing some availability for my configuration. Quote requested!

Sjgft

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt sport 157
Occupation
Underground Miner
Leers website showed this morning that the 100R and 100XR fit the ‘21 super crew 6’6”

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ”preordered” a Leer 100XR for my 6.5’ bed about 4 weeks ago. Dealer just checked today and no update from Leer on when it will be available/delivered. Fingers crossed it’s here in time for summer camping season or my family is going to have to pack light and I’ll need to find a tonneau cover that fits as a stop gap measure.

65mustang

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
56 TBird, 65 Mustang, 98 F250 etc
Occupation
Retired FoMoCo
Has anyone else been reaching out to fiberglass topper manufacturers to check on when they might be available?

I've contacted A.R.E. a few times. Once back in November to see if the previous years would fit and the answer was no and they had no time frame for when 2021 could be ordered. I just contacted them again this week and the response was that they were testing them but had no ETA.would be nice if they could give some idea either weeks or months.

I've reached out to Leer as well but haven’t gotten a response yet.

I know it will take a while to be built but we have a vacation coming up this spring and I’ll need either a topper or at least a tonneau cover. If I’m going to wait 6 months then I’ll just find a cheaper used hard tonneau that fits for now and sell it later for a loss. I’d really prefer an A.R.E. But if they can’t give any kind of information then I guess I have to explore other options.

just curious if anyone else has been getting information.
Last week I tried and got the same answers, no ETA's from either Leer or ARE. At least ARE responded, never heard back from Leer. Dealer told me their best GUESS would be June, we'll see. I'm going to get a cheap tonneau for now and sell on Kijiji when I finally get a topper.

Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I talked to Ranch today and they mentioned that there are 2 different body styles for 2021 F150. Round gas door old and square is new. Mold just finishing up for new and should start shipping in the next month or so. Is there really 2 different body styles? Also asked about the typical plastic lip on the rear window and if they considered eliminating now that trucks have power tailgates. A little confusion but said shouldn't be an issue. All I want us to be able to use the tailgate without having to open the cap window first.

boo radley

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 1992 F150, 1999 F150, 2004 F150, 2013 F150
Got my ARE on Thursday. Came in quicker than expected at 6 weeks.

f150 2021.jpg
They make the whole truck in my opinion.

The back is useful too because it can be locked up.

OP
OP

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

f150 2021.jpg
That looks great and great to hear someone is getting something out of a factory. My local ARE dealer told me 11-13 weeks and ARE would give no indication of when they would start producing them so I went with Leer. Ordered beginning of February and nothing yet even after checking with dealer a few times in the last month.

now I’m bummed I didn’t order an ARE.... just hoping my Leer is here before summer in time for big camping trips. Maybe I should check with the local ARE dealer again and see what their lead time is now.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra

f150 2021.jpg
Can you post a picture of how the back window meets the tailgate? I'm interested to see it its curved to match the tailgate or if its flat.
Sponsored