Sponsored

Top Mods: Top 5 2021-2022 Raptor Upgrades Currently Available!

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
The 2021-2022 Raptors are landing in force, and I've personally seen more than a few zipping around the Phoenix area as of late. However, the aftermarket has struggled to keep up, and I can't remember a time where such little amount of parts are available for a new truck. Still, there is at least some parts and accessories for 2021-2022 Raptors available to order right now (as of 4-22-2022, anyway), and with a decent amount of cross-fitment between the standard 2021-2022 F150s, there's at least enough of a selection to get your tough, custom 2021-2022 Raptor build off the ground and give your Raptor improved looks, utility, lighting, interior protection, and power. Hopefully as supply and production issues ease, we'll start seeing some more awesome Raptor parts and accessories get released, but in the mean time, here's our Top must-do upgrades for the 2021-2022 Raptors that are actually available to order as of right now.

Ford F-150 Top Mods: Top 5 2021-2022 Raptor Upgrades Currently Available! {filename}
2021-2022 Raptor Off-Road Lighting Packages
One of the nice updates that Ford made to the 2021-2022 Raptors was adding some OEM off-road lighting to the stock bumper pockets, which was often one of the first upgrades owners for 2010-2020 Raptors would make. However, even the OEM off-road lighting suite on the 2021-2022 Raptors may not be enough for some serious, high-speed off-roading after dark. The good news is that there's already a ton of 2021-2022 Raptor Off-Road Lighting Packages and Off-Road Light Mounts available that can give your Raptor extremely impressive forward lighting to meet practically any off-road need. These lighting packages come with immensely powerful lights along with brackets and often wiring that allows you to get them up and running on your Raptor build. Baja Designs has especially jumped on the 2021-2022 Raptors with a bunch of new Raptor Lighting Packages that give you and Raptor excellent off-road lighting in clean packages.

Ford F-150 Top Mods: Top 5 2021-2022 Raptor Upgrades Currently Available! {filename}

My personal pick for a Top Raptor Off-Road Lighting package is the Baja Designs Squadron Pro A-Pillar Package for 2021-2022 Raptors. The Squadron Pro A-Pillar kit offers some excellent bang-for-your buck lighting output in a clean, mean kit. A-pillar lights in general are all the rage these days, and they have a lot going for them. With the ability to function as either side-facing ditch lighting or as long-range forward spot lighting, you get a lot of options for filling out your lighting suite. The Baja Designs Pro A-Pillar Kit offers up an impressive 4600 raw lumens of output with a white 5000K color temperature in a Driving/Combo beam pattern that gives you some multi-use functionality. The Baja Designs A-Pillar kit even comes with a full wiring harness that ties into your Raptor's stock upfitter switches, making them easy to get powered up. If it were my truck, I'd probably use the Raptor Baja Designs A-Pillar Kit as forward spot lighting, since the OEM bumper pocket lights do a decent job of area and side lighting, but I leave that up to you.

2021-2022 Raptor Baja Designs Squadron Pro A-Pillar Light Package Features:
  • Included Lights: Baja Designs Squadron Pro
  • Output: 4600 raw lumens
  • Color Temperature: 5000K
  • Beam Pattern: Driving/Combo
2021-2022 Raptor Tonneau Covers
Tonneau covers are never a bad thing for basically any F150 or Raptor build, and with the 2021-2022 Raptors sharing the same 5.5ft bed as the standard 2021-2022 F150s, there's a ton of Raptor tonneau covers available for you to choose from. We have everything from budget-friendly Raptor roll-up tonneau covers, to general-purpose and secure Raptor folding tonneau covers, to nearly weatherproof and ergonomic Raptor retractable tonneau covers. You really can't go wrong with adding some sort of tonneau cover for your Raptor. Your choice will really come down to your budget, what kind of look you're going for, how much space you need in your bed for your gear, and how worried you are about general bed security. Needless to say, there's a lot to consider, so if you need help choosing a Raptor tonneau cover, give us a call directly at 623-434-5277 or email us at [email protected].

There's a lot of tonneau cover options out there and a lot of different use cases, so it's tough to pick just one. Usually, I tend to lean towards roll-up tonneaus since they are on the less expensive side and don't block your view out the back window when they're stowed. However, for Raptors that are likely going to see some hard use, I think something more durable may be needed. My pick for the top tonneau cover for 2021-2022 Raptors would be the the BAK MX Folding Tonneau Cover. The BAK MX4 features heavy-duty panels that fold all the way up against your Raptor's cab so that you can get almost total access to your Raptor's bed space. The panels are tough enough to survive even the most aggressive and tough off-road applications and are extremely secure against break-ins to that any gear you keep stowed in your Raptor's bed stays there. The BAK MX4 is on the pricey side compared to some others, but you have to pay-to-play when it comes to the Raptor's off-road capabilities.

2021-2022 Raptor BAK MX4 Tonneau Cover Features:
  • Tonneau Type: Hard folding
  • Panel Material: Composite core with aluminum exterior
  • Finish: Textured Matte Black
  • Warranty: 3-Year Limited Warranty
2021-2022 Raptor Cold Air Intakes
While the 3.5L High-Output EcoBoost V6 under the hood of your Raptor is churning out more power than the standard F150s, but they do share a lot of similarities, which means that many cold air intakes are already confirmed to fit the 2021-2022 Raptors. In general, a Raptor Cold Air Intake alone will not result in significant horsepower or torque gains. With air demand pretty much decided by the turbos and monitored by your Raptor's PCM, a cold air intake on its own is good for maybe 5-10 horsepower and some decent improvement in throttle response. However, a cold air intake for your Raptor does set you up for more powerful upgrades down the road like custom tuning or even drop-in turbo upgrades. Unfortunately, those more significant power upgrades aren't available as of yet, but you can most definitely get your Raptor prepped with a cold air intake from Stage 3.

My pick for the top 2021-2022 Raptor cold air intake is the S&B Cold Air Intake with Oiled Filter. S&B's intake offers up excellent bang-for-you-buck quality and performance. S&B's 3.5L EcoBoost Raptor intake comes with a reusable oiled filter, a complete air box assembly with redesigned front air scoop, and new inlet tubing that's more efficient and smoother than stock. You get all of this while the intake itself stays priced competitively among nearly any other intake system on the market. Some may gripe about the filter needing oil, and while I hope and dream that S&B one day comes out with a lineup of reusable dry filters, the oiled filters do provide excellent filtration of particulates which can be critical to keep your Raptor running at its best if it sees a ton of dirt and dust off-road. The S&B Raptor intake is extremely easy to install and does not require tuning, making it a hassle-free upgrade for your Raptor.

2021-2022 Raptor S&B Cold Air Intake Features:
  • Intake Type: Complete Cold Air Intake
  • Filter Type: Conical, oiled, and reusable filter
  • Needs Tuning?: does not require tuning
  • Warranty: S&B Million Mile Limited Warranty
2021-2022 Raptor Floor Mats
Floor mats aren't exactly the most exciting things you can put on your tough 2021-2022 Raptor, but if you're planning to head off the beaten path, you probably don't want to drag a bunch of dust, dirt, snow, and mud all over your Raptor's nice interior. Our selection of Raptor floor mats and floor liners help you contain the damage when you're out getting dirty in the wilderness or down at the job site. These floor mats are nearly impervious to grime and oils and help keep the rest of your Raptor's interior looking pristine. Take out your OEM carpet floor mats and store them away for when you sell the truck, because those things just can't handle the types of nastiness and abuse that a set of aftermarket Raptor floor mats can.

My pick for the top Floor Liners for the 2021-2022 Raptors is the Complete Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners Kit. Husky's floor liners are some of the best in the business, and this version of their WeatherBeater Series comes with both front and rear floor liners for your Raptor. The Husky Liners Raptor floor liners offer up excellent levels of floor protection with their durable construction, central grooves and channels, and high perimeter walls that keep dirt and grime from getting all over your Raptor's interior. The Husky Raptor WeatherBeater Floor Mats drop right into place of your truck's factory mats, making them one of the most hassle-free protection upgrades you can make to your Raptor's interior. Not to mention, their price is almost impossible to beat.

2021-2022 Raptor Husky WeatherBeater Features:
  • Floor Liner Type: Replacement floor liners
  • Liner Material: Rubberized polymer
  • Install: Drop-in replacements
  • Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty
2021-2022 Raptor Tires
Having 2021-2022 Raptor tires on this list may not seem particularly fair for two reasons: 1). They're universal parts so OF COURSE they're available in some form or fashion. 2). The Raptors come with excellent BFG KO2 A/T tires, so why should I upgrade? Not going to lie, I have to concede point one. However, point two I have some contention with. While there's absolutely nothing wrong with the 35" or 37" BFG KO2s that are stock on the 2021-2022 Raptors for most applications, there are a couple of good reasons why you may want to upgrade. The first is that, as good as the KO2s are, they are an All-Terrain tire, and if you're planning on tackling really tough terrain with your Raptor, jumping up to a Hybrid Tire or a true Mud-Terrain may be a better option. Secondly, the KO2s on the Raptors are C-rated, meaning they have a 6-ply construction. For general-purpose use, 6-ply is probably fine, especially if you want to eek out some extra fuel economy. However, Raptors that are going to see some tough off-roading may want to jump up to an E-rated or F-rated tire to get that ply count up and get some extra durability for when things get rough.

Our pick for the top 2021-2022 Raptor tire currently available is the LT35x12.50R17 Falken Wildpeak M/T (though a 37" version is also available). The Falken Wilpeak M/Ts offer up awesome off-road performance while still being fairly tame on the street. While they are louder than the BFG KO2s by a pretty good margin (though that has a lot more to do with how quiet the KO2s are on pavement), the Wildpeak M/Ts aren't unbearable like other Mud-Terrain tire options. Off-road, the Wildpeak M/Ts offer God-tier traction and performance, with their big lugs able to rip out of the stickiest muck that you can run into. We had the LT295/70R17 version on our 2014 F150 Hunting Truck Build, and they definitely did not let us down, even when were loaded up with a completely full DECKED system and a quad in the bed. Needless to say, the even bigger size on your Raptor will help make it nigh unstoppable when you head out into the dirt.

LT35x12.50R17 Falken Wildpeak M/T Features:
  • Tire Type: Mud-Terrain
  • Tire Diameter: 34.8"
  • Section Width: 13"
  • Max Load: 3085lbs
  • Tread Depth: 16mm
Final Thoughts
Despite the fact that we're still waiting on some more potent modifications to land (like suspension, tuning, and exhaust upgrades), there's still a decent selection of aftermarket hardware that you can grab for your tough 2021-2022 Raptor build. What are you dying to get your hands on? Do you disagree with my undoubtedly flawless picks? Let us know in the comments below. Make sure to stop by both our Raptor 35 and Raptor 37 parts and accessories sections on the regular. More upgrades come out by the minute!
Sponsored

pwn66751

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum
Occupation
proofreader
I want to know whether the top 5 2021-2022 raptor upgrades are currently available or not and I am glad I found your post in which I found my research paper writing help www.aussiessay.com/research-paper-writing/. Thanks for answering me. By the way, do you know that on this website you can read free essay samples? If you are a school or college student then that website is very useful fo ryou.
Aftermarket intakes bring more cool air into the engine, helping the combustion process. More powerful explosions result in more power. You may see horsepower gains of 30 or more, depending on the setup. A new intake will also spruce up your engine bay.

Last edited:

adamscotth

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum
Occupation
proofreader
Aftermarket intakes bring more cool air into the engine, helping the combustion process. More powerful explosions result in more power by education service online https://domymathhomeworks.com/algebra-homework/. You may see horsepower gains of 30 or more, depending on the setup. A new intake will also spruce up your engine bay.
thanks a lot for help!
Sponsored

Last edited: