Sponsored

Top 5 Feature Likes and Dislikes (Post them here!)

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I figured this would be a good place to discuss likes and dislikes since many of us are receiving our trucks now and others frequent the forum looking for information. Give a little info on your setup, you make dislike a feature on your Limited that I don't have on my Lariat. I know some of us have our specs in our signatures but post them anyways in case you change your signature later. Try to only post 5, I know it's easy to go on a rant.

2021 Carbonized Grey Lariat, SCAB, 5.0, 4x2, 500A, CoPilot Assist, 360 Cameras, Trailer Tow Package & Mirrors, 20/40/20 Grey Interior, 3.31 Lock Diff, 8 Sp B&O.

1. Adaptive cruise with auto speed limit change. (When it works as of late.)
  2. Cooled seats.
  3. The optional column shifter, something is just satisfying about it. (I have the 20/40/20 front seat.)
  4. Profiles for different people that remembers feature settings. For example, Auto Brake hold set on for me, off for my 16 year old.
  5. The fact I can use the back cameras while driving down the road. (I know some people are still waiting on the update for this one.) And the cameras in general, just nice to have on such a large vehicle.
Dislikes
  1. Android Auto can't go full screen. Hope they add this feature later.
  2. Honking horn when you exit the truck with the keys in. I'm trying to remember to leave the keys in when I switch drivers when I pick up my son from school.
  3. Sometimes the instrument panel doesn't remember the last setting and you have to select again. (My profile)
  4. The front windows have a slight lag when I press the button, it doesn't happen on the back ones.
  5. I don't care that you have to reset the mileage when you fuel up, had the option to automatically reset on my Hyundai.
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
2. Comfort
3. Technology Blue cruise, Adaptive cruise, etc
4. Power
5. MPG

Dislikes
1. Miss steps in the bumper that my Canyon had (knew this going in)
2. Power steps are really loud
3. Miss small cubby for mints and Chapstick
4. Stickers - They have been removed though :)
5. OEM floormats - While I have replaced them thus solving the problem a truck should have full coverage floor mats as standard and a $75K truck damn sure should.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I'll bite:

1. Ride, handling, and acceleration. Compared to my old 1996 RCSB with the inline six, this truck feels amazing to drive.
2. Driver assistance features. I use the adaptive cruise almost every day in heavy commuter traffic.
3. Headlights. Last night drove 65 miles at night on winding rural roads. Great visibility!
4. Parking sensors + 360 camera. I park in tight garage spots home and work and it's a huge help.
5. Column shifter. I have 302a with console + column shifter. Great combination for livability and storage.

Dislike:
1. Bed height. I miss being able to reach into the bed from the side.
2. Fuel economy. Getting only 19 mpg. overall with the 5.0 is a sticker shock over my recent Mazda CX5 that got 28 mpg.
3. As someone else said, wish for fullscreen AA.
4. Climate control sort of random results. I would prefer recirc be available to defrost and stay on until I turn it off.
5. Can't believe Ford doesn't include garage remote in a $59,000 vehicle.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
The good...

1 Smooth ride. Previous truck was 3/4 ton.
2 Power. 400hp and 500lbs torq
3 360 camera. Very helpful when trees jump out at me when I park. It also fascinates anyone I show it to.
4 Digital miles per hour on dash between speedo and tach. Very easy to glance at to see if a ticket is in
my future. And current speed limit showing next to MPH.
5 Quietness in the cab.
5 Again (I cheat. Big deal) Adaptive cruise control.
5 Once more - Gas mileage. 1750 miles on OD 21.4 average mpg. Not even broke in yet.

The bad...

1 Not having the option on an XLT 302a for a heated steering wheel. I know gloves are cheaper but...
2 No built in button for garage door opener.
3 Leadfoot grey shows every little scratch and ding. But I really like the color so I'll live with it.
4 The price. Way more than my first house but I guess you can't take it with you when you check out.
5 I should be driving it more.

Last edited:

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Power, 5.0
good comforts for STX package
wheels look good
console has space
bed is large enough

Dislikes
Backup camera is terrible
sensors aren't as sensitive as most
steering wheel is blah
No garage door opener
no heated steering wheel

Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Ford F-150 Top 5 Feature Likes and Dislikes (Post them here!) 0ABE5F57-F9B1-449B-A5AB-8ADC2CA46091

Shout out to Ford for putting in auto brake assist. Heavy rainfall tonight and pitch black Parking. While baking into a spot the truck stopped itself suddenly. Decided to take a picture of how close to disaster our fun family trip to dinner could have been.

PeanutGallery

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Occupation
Architect
My truck spec: Lariat 502A Supercrew 145, 3.5EB, FX4, sunroof, max tow, tow mirrors, work surface

1. features and value with the Lariat 502A package—I got pretty much all the luxuries I wanted without having to go up to Platinum/KR/Limited while also keeping a decent payload number (1651 lbs).
  2. Lighting inside and out—I came from a Mercedes GLS450 with full LED lighting and the truck seems to be just as good.
  3. interior noise level—my other car is a Civic Si sedan, and the road noise is terrible in it. Getting in the F150 is a welcome reprieve as far as that aspect.
  4. Interior space—I’ve stayed with 3-row SUVs for years to keep our 3 kids from having to sit side by side by side, but I think they’ll be OK in the back of this thing.
  5. capability/drivetrain—I bought this truck because I feel like it offered the most well-rounded competency in the full-size quasi-lux-truck market right now. The 3.5EB is STOUT, and the towing capacity and payload are at the top of the class.

Dislikes:
  1. Turning radius—pretty terrible even for a full-size vehicle.
  2. Gas mileage so far—mine is nowhere near broken in, and I haven’t had it on the highway enough yet, but I’m struggling to hit 15 mpg average so far. I think it’ll get better though.
  3. Exterior size—can’t have that interior space without the exterior footprint, but it’s a beast to shoehorn into my garage and down narrow roads. Just getting used to it—I’m coming from a history of midsize vehicles, so there’s an adjustment period.
  4. No factory option for rear entertainment—I know I’m probably the only one whose kids still watch physical DVDs when traveling, but I would’ve ordered the option had it been available. Ended up with the Ford-branded Voxx portable screen system as a fair compromise between DVDs and tablets.
  5. transmission tuning at low speeds—my impression is that GM has the 10AT tuned a little smoother than Ford, but it’ll be fine at the end of the day.

Snapring

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Transmission Tech
360 camera
Power & fuel mileage of 3.5
Adaptive cruise control

dislikes
#1 stuck with stop & start
Horn blowing with truck running when you get out
Lose of console room because of shifter
( put it on the column or electric knob on dash)
Crappy reverse camera at night

Having to daily turn off stop & go will make me look into other truck brands in the future. You have two turbo’s spinning at 20,000 rpm minimum and you shut the motor off and oil pressure drops to zero. That can’t be good long term

Plattypuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Rapid red
Let’s give this a shot
1 all the driving assist features including bluecruise
2 wireless CarPlay. When I’m driving alone, I listen to podcasts and it automatically resumes when I get in
3 space. At 6’5” I have never owned a vehicle that I felt comfortable in until now
4 quietness. The cabin noise is comparable to luxury vehicles
5 powerboost power and mpg along with the 7.2kw had me considering canceling my lightning reservation and waiting for gen 15

dislikes
1 power running boards are annoyingly loud.
2 fake noises. Back up beeping and fake engine noise take away from the quiet cabin. This is the first hybrid that I have owned that had either of these
3 auto brake release. I really like auto hold but coming off of it creates a shudder if you don’t accelerate hard or tap it and wait a second. Neither are normal driving behavior
4 the wheels on the platinum are the ugliest of all trims
5 some interior design choices come to mind Bigger cup holders for water bottles, a closed door handle or little cubby there, auto down rear windows. And for us tall guys a slightly narrower console and extra inch of travel on the wheel would make it more comfortable to drive.

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
2. Did I mention the Coyote?
3. Technology: 12-inch touchscreen, engine modes, phone app etc.
4. Workstation
5. MPG

Dislikes
1. How "soft" the windshield is
2. Front Seats could be wider (some of us are over 45)
3. The plastic chrome accents in the cab. Truck is black exterior/interior (sport package) but has the god-awful chrome accents and dials, and the polished plastic panels in the cab.
4. Recirculating air button disengages and does not stay on. I should label this 4 and 5!
5. The long obsolete Am/FM antenna (They can put a rover on Mars but still can't engineer a modern terrestrial radio antenna?)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Slade

First Name
Slade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Attorney
1. Headlights...the visibility is great.
2. Heated and cooled seats.
3. Quietness of the cab.
4. Gas mileage. I have the 3.5 eco and it's a heck of a lot better than my Silverado.
5. The sensors and cameras and the infotainment center in general.

Dislikes:

1. My adaptive cruise control does not work. I have been to the dealership twice. I was told it's a software issue that happened to some early 21 models after the OTA update in November or October. Ford will release an OTA to fix it for those of us that have the issue in December (still don't have it). At least that's what I was told.
2. No step on/in the bumper.
3. I don't care for the console shifter. I'd like it on the column or even the dial that ram has.
4. No blue cruise despite having the hardware. Just bought the truck a few months too early (only because I had to get rid of my old one).
5. The issue where it shifts into park if you open the door in drive. It's not like it's a daily thing, it's just odd when it happens. You notice the door isn't shut or something is caught. You stop and try to open it quickly to fix the situation and close the door and the truck goes nuts.

Overall, I am really happy with it. I just really wish this adaptive cruise control issue would get sorted out. It bums me out that I have to wait for Ford to fix this. It doesn't even seem like it's a huge issue (not many people complaining about it) so I wonder if they will ever get around to it.

USAFordW1E

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum SC PowerBoost
Occupation
AFJROTC Aerospace Science Instructor
Let’s give this a shot
1 all the driving assist features including bluecruise
2 wireless CarPlay. When I’m driving alone, I listen to podcasts and it automatically resumes when I get in
3 space. At 6’5” I have never owned a vehicle that I felt comfortable in until now
4 quietness. The cabin noise is comparable to luxury vehicles
5 powerboost power and mpg along with the 7.2kw had me considering canceling my lightning reservation and waiting for gen 15

dislikes
1 power running boards are annoyingly loud.
2 fake noises. Back up beeping and fake engine noise take away from the quiet cabin. This is the first hybrid that I have owned that had either of these
3 auto brake release. I really like auto hold but coming off of it creates a shudder if you don’t accelerate hard or tap it and wait a second. Neither are normal driving behavior
4 the wheels on the platinum are the ugliest of all trims
5 some interior design choices come to mind Bigger cup holders for water bottles, a closed door handle or little cubby there, auto down rear windows. And for us tall guys a slightly narrower console and extra inch of travel on the wheel would make it more comfortable to drive.
#4...I do think the rims are ugly. I tried talking my dealer into swapping my 2018 Platinum rims out with my 2021 Platinum but no joy...why????
Sponsored