Took truck in because it has never received an OTA update. Service was clueless

KevinO

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Based on what did you decide that your truck need/should get any update (and that it failed to do so)?
I think he's a little frustrated from dealing with the Ford dealer.? If you are asking how to check if you aren't up to date, you can go to help.ford.com/update-sync/ and put in your VIN. It will tell you if you are up to date.
Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
The service department was utterly clueless.
/thread

Funny enough, yesterday, I had a service manager want to argue to me that my 'active air dam' was an 'active air shutter' and most definitely not on my bumper...clueless.

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
Does anyone know how to find the current version of Sync 4?

For example, if I go to the help.ford.com/update-sync link provided in this thread, it says I have version SYNC4 v4.0.21136. But I can't seem to find anything telling me what the current version is.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I supposedly have updates scheduled for early Sunday mornings… but I got a notification tonight that Ford Power-Up version 2.1.1 was installed. Funny, the only change they mention is lights/horn which was in 1.7.1.

Ford F-150 Took truck in because it has never received an OTA update. Service was clueless FD3B5FB9-EAFC-4605-A7BB-9DF62CFC4B6E

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Ford F-150 Took truck in because it has never received an OTA update. Service was clueless 1641412109407

Mine says I am at 20262 and is up to date ?!?

Little background here: After lots of troubleshooting I found that my truck failed to download and install the 1.7.1 PowerUp OTA update. My update screen is greyed out and Sync version is not showing up on the screen. I have tried to manually update my Sync over USB, the installation starts, prompts for restart but never finishes. I have read somewhere that Ford is suppose to issue an OTA fix for failed 1.7.1 OTA so I am deliberating between waiting for it or take the truck in and have my APIM replaced.

Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
1641412109407.png

Little background here: After lots of troubleshooting I found that my truck failed to download and install the 1.7.1 PowerUp OTA update. My update screen is greyed out and Sync version is not showing up on the screen. I have tried to manually update my Sync over USB, the installation starts, prompts for restart but never finishes. I have read somewhere that Ford is suppose to issue an OTA fix for failed 1.7.1 OTA so I am deliberating between waiting for it or take the truck in and have my APIM replaced.
If there is no actual issues. I’d just wait. Mine failed also but it works fine so I’ll wait.

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
1641412109407.png

Where did you find updated frimware ? I thought someone said its not possible to manually update over usb at this point

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
I called service to schedule an appointment for next Wednesday since apparently i have a recall on driveshaft cover or something like that and I asked the guy if they can push manual sync update. He was surprised i didn't get any OTAs also said that maybe my truck doesn't qualify for any OTAs ?? anyway He tried looking into what software version is there now but couldn't log in because that system is down. I already have a feeling this'll be fun experience

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Where did you find updated frimware ? I thought someone said its not possible to manually update over usb at this point
It is, if you have access to Ford Diagnostic an Repair software. The tool will create an update USB flash drive that you can use to update your SYNC. After lots of trouble, finally I managed to update it today!

Ford F-150 Took truck in because it has never received an OTA update. Service was clueless sync

BTW - if you take your truck to the dealer, they will do exactly the same procedure.

Last edited:

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost King Ranch
Occupation
Building Automation
I have been waiting for a month (to the day) for a new APIM module because mine will not take the update from either over the air or local at the dealer. I received a call from my local dealer today letting me know the APIM module is on nationwide back order. She called the manufacturer of the APIM module and is waiting for a call back.

Sponsored

OP
OP

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I have been waiting for a month (to the day) for a new APIM module because mine will not take the update from either over the air or local at the dealer. I received a call from my local dealer today letting me know the APIM module is on nationwide back order. She called the manufacturer of the APIM module and is waiting for a call back.
That’s the classic excuse nowadays. I’m just so enthused because I am likely in the same exact situation. I do wonder if I will actually make it to the 4 strikes needed to invoke my state’s lemon law. Should be interesting. And highly annoying.

Lodans

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost King Ranch
Occupation
Building Automation
Well just got a call from my dealer and the APIM module is in. They are trying to schedule the work for next week. Not holding my breath but maybe next week I will have the updates on my truck. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Drufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lead Foot Lariat
you guys are way ahead of me in versions. I just got notification that 1.4 was installed.

LEXiiON

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2013 GT500
I never got any notification about a Software update, but I do see Lights & Horns now in the FordPass App. I guess I am on PowerUp 2.1.1

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I never got any notification about a Software update, but I do see Lights & Horns now in the FordPass App. I guess I am on PowerUp 2.1.1
What month was your truck built?
Sponsored