Sponsored

Took truck in because it has never received an OTA update. Service was clueless

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Took my truck into the dealer yesterday. In the last couple of weeks I’ve learned that my truck has literally never received an OTA update. The prompts never show, new uploads never download, and the app never notifies me of any changes. It’s like the OTA system doesn’t even exist.

The service department was utterly clueless. The truck was in the shop for 3 hours and their “solution” was to just send Ford corporate a message. And I still have to take it back later once they figure out what they *should* be doing.

Fun stuff.
Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Took my truck into the dealer yesterday. In the last couple of weeks I’ve learned that my truck has literally never received an OTA update. The prompts never show, new uploads never download, and the app never notifies me of any changes. It’s like the OTA system doesn’t even exist.

The service department was utterly clueless. The truck was in the shop for 3 hours and their “solution” was to just send Ford corporate a message. And I still have to take it back later once they figure out what they *should* be doing.

Fun stuff.
Based on what did you decide that your truck need/should get any update (and that it failed to do so)?

OP
OP

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Based on what did you decide that your truck need/should get any update (and that it failed to do so)?
Oh, I dunno. How about repeatedly seeing owners on this forum talking about getting updates multiple times over the past 8 months? All while I get no updates and no notifications of any changes. My truck was built in March 2021 and there have been multiple updates to the Sync system since then, including updates for the instrument cluster that I literally cannot use.

How’s that for an explanation?

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Oh, I dunno. How about repeatedly seeing owners on this forum talking about getting updates multiple times over the past 8 months? All while I get no updates and no notifications of any changes. My truck was built in March 2021 and there have been multiple updates to the Sync system since then, including updates for the instrument cluster that I literally cannot use.

I have a Feb 2021 Build Limited, I got 2 updates and then nothing after 1.4, My truck is at the dealership now at the direction of Ford customer relations dept.,...OH..... Ford also told me that the dealership could now do whatever they need to do to activate Blue Cruise, Dealership said they would update me Monday

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW

IDK, just asking. Not need to get upset.
What other people get doesn't mean anything. The only indication should be the current version that Ford puts out vs. what you have in your truck.

Did you check here? You can even update with a USB if updates are available for your SYNC.

Sponsored

Nevadajack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford F250, 2022 Ford F150
Occupation
Plumber
IDK, just asking. Not need to get upset.
What other people get doesn't mean anything. The only indication should be the current version that Ford puts out vs. what you have in your truck.

Did you check here? You can even update with a USB if updates are available for your SYNC.
Thanks for the link...the truck that I will pick up this month is up to date.
Good to know.

Reactions: sbi
OP
OP

HawkeyeOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Thanks for the link...the truck that I will pick up this month is up to date.
Good to know.
Just so you know, the information that the link provides means nothing. My VIN says the truck is up to date and yet it has none of the features that were added in any of the PowerUp updates. And that’s because the updates have literally never worked.

DGretka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 RKP
Read in another thread that someone had to turn on updates thru settings ??‍♂ I have a job 2 build and haven’t paid attention if I’ve received any updates. Seen people complain about stuff not working after updates so I haven’t bothered to check/turn on updates

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Try doing a master reset of Sync, mine never got OTA and then I did a master reset and worked ?‍♂

Sponsored

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I did a reset with the Radio on-off and right arrow and also did a master reset and it didn't help
The reset should remove it from the ford pass app, that’s how you know it was successful and that’s where the problem arises

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I have a Feb 2021 Build Limited, I got 2 updates and then nothing after 1.4, My truck is at the dealership now at the direction of Ford customer relations dept.,...OH..... Ford also told me that the dealership could now do whatever they need to do to activate Blue Cruise, Dealership said they would update me Monday
My 21' powerboost delivered 11/2. Says auto update but i never get notified of anything . My ford pass app starts car remotely so i guess truck communication is working . Weird thing is firdass app doesnt stay on truck apps screen. Ill ooen ford pass on my phone and app will show then disappear . I have no idea why

ogor6037

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 xlt 302a
My build date is 12/20 sync version still at 20312 never got a message about any update and on ford website with vin search it says up to date. Anyone successful downloaded sync 21136 and flashed it through usb drive?
Sponsored