• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Too early to talk colors for 2022 F-150 Lightning?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hard to tell. Here are the two from the color visualizer (https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/):
Iced Blue - Silver
Iced Blue - Silver.png

Iconic Silver
Iconic Silver.png

I'm seriously considering Stone Gray as well
Stone Gray.png
I usually go for white, but I need to mix it up a little. These 3 are the 3 I'm choosing from. Ice Blue, Silver, Stone Grey is my current order from favorite to least. I need something that hides scratches well as my young kids seem to nick up the clear coat on our vehicles. Ice Blue and Silver are really close for me, I'm hoping that scratches and dirt on the Ice Blue will still be hidden. I guess it depends if it the color is more silver or sky blue.
Sponsored

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
I'm probably going with the Rapid Red, but I'm intrigued by the Stone Gray. My 2018 Platty is Ruby Red and I get stopped fairly regularly by random people in parking lots and such telling me how much they like the color of my truck. I know the Rapid Red is slightly different than the Ruby Red, but still close enough for me.

The Stone Gray is supposedly on the 2021 Explorers, right? I'll need to find one of those so I can see it in person.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I really want to see the iced blue silver in person — I’m pretty sure that the truck MKBHD reviewed was the iced blue. Also positive that it’s the color of the F-150 in this excellent review here:

Looks like normal silver, but has a light blue tint to it. I think I really like it, but worry that it might look a bit too much “baby blue” when I see it for real.

Stone grey is a great color. It can really pop as a nice gold color with grey tones when it’s clean and the sun hits it. Hides dirt very well. Almost bought an Expedition that color after seeing it on a few trucks, but ended up finding one configured just how I wanted it but silver.

Iconic silver is great. Carbonized grey is just OK, I much prefer the Magnetic dark grey color they had previously.

If I have to order without seeing iced blue silver in person, I don’t know if I’d do it. I’d probably just get iconic silver or stone grey to play it safe.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I really want to see the iced blue silver in person — I’m pretty sure that the truck MKBHD reviewed was the iced blue. Also positive that it’s the color of the F-150 in this excellent review here:

Looks like normal silver, but has a light blue tint to it. I think I really like it, but worry that it might look a bit too much “baby blue” when I see it for real.

Stone grey is a great color. It can really pop as a nice gold color with grey tones when it’s clean and the sun hits it. Hides dirt very well. Almost bought an Expedition that color after seeing it on a few trucks, but ended up finding one configured just how I wanted it but silver.

Iconic silver is great. Carbonized grey is just OK, I much prefer the Magnetic dark grey color they had previously.

If I have to order without seeing iced blue silver in person, I don’t know if I’d do it. I’d probably just get iconic silver or stone grey to play it safe.
I feel the same way about iced blue silver but for the exact opposite reason. I am very interested in it if it is more "baby blue" and very uninterested in it if it is lightly tinted silver. Atlas blue is my backup if I don't get to see it in person or it is more silver.

I like my vehicles to have color, and black/white/silver/grey don't count as color. I hate how boring car and truck colors have gotten these days. Where is the yellow, the green, the orange, heck even the purple or pink!

Sponsored

Jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, 2019 Fusion Energi, 2016 Escape
I REALLY wish they would offer the new Cactus Gray they are offering on the Bronco or the Area 51. I have been lobbying Mr. Levine on Twitter for Cactus Gray in particular.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I've been pretty devastated that they dropped Velocity Blue for Atlas Blue since realizing the colorizer on the Ford website was substantially lighter than the real world on most colors.

I finally got to see an Explorer ST in Atlas Blue in person at a local dealer and was really underwhelmed. Went back twice, once on a sunny day and once when it was overcast and rainy. In anything other than direct sunlight it's just dark and bland. Velocity Blue pops in any setting, especially with black accents.

I'm keeping hope out they'll add it closer to production since the Maverick still has it but since the '22 F250 was announced with Atlas Blue I'm doubtful.

As a prior GM guy, the biggest thing that always made me fawn over Ford trucks was their bright blues. Maybe I should lobby Levine on Twitter too haha.

I keep waffling back and forth between still getting an Atlas Blue Lightning or just buying a used eco-boost F150 in Velocity Blue and coming back to the Lightning in a couple years when they hopefully bring some fun colors back.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE, 1992 E150, 2018 Kona EV
Occupation
Semi-Retired Engineer
Personally I'm leaning heavily toward Stone Gray and Iced Blue - Silver.

I want something that won't show dirt badly and will miss the gold paint on my Tacoma.
Where I live in SoCal @ChasingCoral , the stone gray should hide dirt well, and I am actually falling in love with it for my truck.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Was on a drive today and saw a Lincoln in chroma Crystal Blue and it was quite nice. Wondering (hoping) if Iced blue silver is this same paint renamed.

Ford F-150 Lightning Too early to talk colors for 2022 F-150 Lightning? Screenshot_20210703-145624

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro

I'm pretty sure I'll hate Iced Blue Silver, personally, because it's probably going to remind me of a old Grand Marquis:

Ford F-150 Lightning Too early to talk colors for 2022 F-150 Lightning? 318px-1998-02_Mercury_Grand_Marquis

But I totally, agree. Give us some interesting colors. Preferably non-metallic, if I had my choice. The Mustang has had some interesting colors. Fighter Jet Gray aka Cactus Gray (which has a tinge of green), that highlighter yellow color, lime, Grabber Blue?. Might not be huge sellers, BUT I've seen a decent number of wild color Rams.

I'm not a Dodge guy in general, but I appreciate their willingness to offer bold colors.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Most likely, I’m going with Atlas Blue. I personally love Velocity Blue from my old Raptor and Atlas is the closest to that.

EDEZ Lightning

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Retired
I haven't owned a red or blue vehicle in a long time, and I am leaning towards either rapid red or atlas blue.

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired
I haven't owned a red or blue vehicle in a long time, and I am leaning towards either rapid red or atlas blue.
I want to like iced blue but these are probably my choices as well. I've seen rapid red and it's great just need to see atlas blue. Carbonized gray is an outside shot but the wife hates dull colors so probably a non starter.
Sponsored