Tonneau Covers - Recommendations and Reviews

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
Were you able to resolve the lifting issue?
It no longer lifts at speed, but there is probably a 3/16" gap between the cover and tailgate. Meaning it is not water tight. I expect leaking with any tonneau but anything near the tailgate will get wet.
Sponsored

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Finally got my cover installed. Love the clean look! Having had the Bakflip MX4 cover for the last 5 years, I am not disappointed with my choice. Really like the Extang Xceed. Thanks for everyone’s input and opinions.

A53B6D2A-F16B-4CCA-82EF-A73DB795C498.png
Do think the surface is durable? I had the original solid fold on my old truck (traded in last week), and was always placing things(car seats, skis, tools, etc.)on the cover for short periods of time. My current choice for my 2022 6.5ft bed is lomax with the urethane coating.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Do think the surface is durable? I had the original solid fold on my old truck (traded in last week), and was always placing things(car seats, skis, tools, etc.)on the cover for short periods of time. My current choice for my 2022 6.5ft bed is lomax with the urethane coating.
Approaching the 1 month mark with the Lomax urethane coated cover on mine.

Will do a review sometime this week, it’s only my second tonneau cover, but so far I’m very pleased.

Ford F-150 Tonneau Covers - Recommendations and Reviews 9383D69E-78B2-4D2F-BA99-CD14DA2C4474

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Will do a review sometime this week, it’s only my second tonneau cover, but so far I’m very pleased.

9383D69E-78B2-4D2F-BA99-CD14DA2C4474.jpeg
I look forward to the review. I have a spray in line sceduled for next week, so hoping to order a cover this week so i can install after bedliner.

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike

9383D69E-78B2-4D2F-BA99-CD14DA2C4474.jpeg
Did you test to see if it fits in the cab? I saw a post from awhile back claiming it does. Interested in knowing this.

I'm exhausted from researching tonneaus but this is the leader in the clubhouse right now.

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I look forward to the review. I have a spray in line sceduled for next week, so hoping to order a cover this week so i can install after bedliner.
Smart, I didn’t get the spray in first and plan to get it, not planning on removing the rails…

Did you test to see if it fits in the cab? I saw a post from awhile back claiming it does. Interested in knowing this.

I'm exhausted from researching tonneaus but this is the leader in the clubhouse right now.
I can test that.

twister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A
Does anyone know if the Ford Accessories (VGL3Z84501A42BA) hard rollup cover is the same as a Bak Revolver X4S ? They are doing a 20% off right now and was thinking about one.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I'll be using a Truxedo Pro X15. I chose to use a lower end soft roll up type cover, though the X15 is on the high end of this bracket. I'm not highly concerned with security. It's low profile and fabric surface is handsome. It's easily and quickly rolled up. When rolled up it is very small. The only thing smaller is no cover at all. The cover is easy to completely remove when necessary. With it being on the lower cost side, it's just a little easier to upgrade later. I will likely add a truck cap later. Much easier to write off an inexpensive roll up than other covers.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
I ended up going with the BAK X4s. I like the fact of being able to roll it up and still view out the back window. Plus with it being all aluminum, gives some security. Just finished installing it over the weekend.

Ford F-150 Tonneau Covers - Recommendations and Reviews FF2AB791-E7AE-4C58-8D48-E09B475AAFA3

cougarXR7

First Name
cougar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
racer
"All Tonneau covers leak".

That's what the idiot salesman told me before I CANCELED the "fold up" he was trying to sell me instead of the solid one I wanted.

I'm SURE the "Roll up/Fold Up" covers are pretty water "resistant"... AT FIRST!

But open & close them over & over for a few years & see how "water resistant" they are...

THIS one doesn't leak a drop! And if it ever does it will be EASY to seal. The last one I had never did leak.

Unfortunately, I have an email from the manufacturer saying that they "don't make them anymore". (I hope that's wrong or they change their minds)

I got lucky and found "ONE" left in a warehouse in Indianapolis, immediately ordered it and got it installed today.

Yes... it's much less convenient than the roll/fold ups. Yes... I only have about a foot of storage over my Decked.

But all I need to carry is a ladder (which fits perfectly) and the parts I need for the work I'll be doing with the tools in my Decked.

And it can be removed in about 5min AND EVEN the Decked can be removed in about another 15min IF I really need full use of my box.

But with the MAX TOW options, I can easily tow my trailer full of anything & everything I need so I doubt I'll ever need to empty my bed.

Everybody has their own needs for the Best in tonneau covers. THIS fit's "my needs" perfectly!

...and HOLY SHIT is it FAST! That coyote is the RCSB is a friggin MONSTER!

Tonnaeu.jpg
The wife finally gave the thumbs up for purchasing a bed cover and I am trying to figure out which I should go with. I'm looking at peragon, Lomax, Bakflip mx4, and retraxpro xr. Since I have a short bed I wanna be able to use most of my available space when needed. If peragon still offers paint match I am leaning that way. Do any members have long-term use of peragon? I heard they leak pretty bad and that would persuade me to a different option. Between the two hard flip options I'm thinking Lomax due to ease of removal if needed for larger items. Retrax I just like the idea of the ease of use of retractable but I'm worried about the loss of bed space due to the reel. What are everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Does anyone know if the Ford Accessories (VGL3Z84501A42BA) hard rollup cover is the same as a Bak Revolver X4S ? They are doing a 20% off right now and was thinking about one.
I cannot say for certain, but the Ford version is likely a rebranded Truck Hero product.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I have used Truxedo lowpro for quite awhile. Very clean, installs in minutes and stores compactly when not in use. It does not have the protection of hard cover but I don't really travel with tools or expensive items... Well I do, but I don't let them sit in truck unattended for long periods of time.
The Truxedo has been pretty darn near water tight, I'm in WA state and we see more than our fair share of rain...

jiggadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
I ended up going with the BAK X4s. I like the fact of being able to roll it up and still view out the back window. Plus with it being all aluminum, gives some security. Just finished installing it over the weekend.

FF2AB791-E7AE-4C58-8D48-E09B475AAFA3.jpeg
Now that it's been on for awhile, are you still liking it?

Octave

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A

Looks like the standard X4. X4S has the black slates and rubber material on the sides.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Jiggadog, I Love it! The X4s is a newer design of the X4 with updates on how it’s built and made. I did not want the solid folding pieces that would block the rear window. Plus you don’t have the seam lines going across the back like the folding design. This makes it look like one solid piece. Of course this is my opinion and everyone have different needs and uses.
Sponsored