Sponsored

Tonneau covers recommendations and pics?

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Installed LEER HF650M about a week ago. I got it over the common Bakflip MX4 because I don’t want the cover to sit on my rear window. Additionally, unlike most hard tri folds it has a different latching mechanism that can’t be broken into with a coat hangar like most common covers. I got it for $920 with free shipping. Very happy so far fitment is solid and it rained today with minimal moisture in the bed (not perfectly leakproof though).

Ford F-150 Tonneau covers recommendations and pics? 6FD0F78E-4729-4DA1-A1B5-130047A21EF6
Sponsored

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
I bought the TruXedo Pro X15. It hasn't arrived yet. When I get it installed I will take a few pictures.

tylthom7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Fx4
Occupation
Retired

tylthom7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Fx4
Occupation
Retired
Installed LEER HF650M about a week ago. I got it over the common Bakflip MX4 because I don’t want the cover to sit on my rear window. Additionally, unlike most hard tri folds it has a different latching mechanism that can’t be broken into with a coat hangar like most common covers. I got it for $920 with free shipping. Very happy so far fitment is solid and it rained today with minimal moisture in the bed (not perfectly leakproof though).

6FD0F78E-4729-4DA1-A1B5-130047A21EF6.jpeg
Does is work well with the power tailgate? Thanks

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150

Hey @TruckGuy2020, thanks for posting photos of your LEER tonneau cover! I have been considering the Bakflip style (really the Line-x version one https://linex.com/us/line-x-kustoms...truck-gear/stealth-hard-folding-tonneau-cover) but your point about the security of the latching mechanism really got me thinking.

2 questions for you:

1) Do you have to open the cover to close the tailgate? Similar to @tylthom7 question above, I'm curious to know if it would work with a power tailgate.

2) How well is the water resistance? You said minimal moisture. What do you mean by that? From what I've gathered on my Tonneau research, I should expect to see a little water seeping in from the tailgate area. What has your experience been?

Just know - I'm now really considering the LEER HF650M and your answers could sway me... lol no pressure :cool:

Sponsored

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Does this cover play nicely with a power tailgate? Any operation issues when cover is in closed position? Thanks
No issues at all. Works with power tailgate. No need to open the tonneau to close the tailgate. Minimal water through the tailgate only.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Here is what mine looks like.

Ford F-150 Tonneau covers recommendations and pics? 20210701_053616

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Here's a better picture.

Ford F-150 Tonneau covers recommendations and pics? 20210610_173851

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Hey @TruckGuy2020, thanks for posting photos of your LEER tonneau cover! I have been considering the Bakflip style (really the Line-x version one https://linex.com/us/line-x-kustoms...truck-gear/stealth-hard-folding-tonneau-cover) but your point about the security of the latching mechanism really got me thinking.

2 questions for you:

1) Do you have to open the cover to close the tailgate? Similar to @tylthom7 question above, I'm curious to know if it would work with a power tailgate.

2) How well is the water resistance? You said minimal moisture. What do you mean by that? From what I've gathered on my Tonneau research, I should expect to see a little water seeping in from the tailgate area. What has your experience been?

Just know - I'm now really considering the LEER HF650M and your answers could sway me... lol no pressure :cool:
1. the power tailgate opens and closes with no issues with the cover still closed.

2. most the water in the bed is just the bits that run down the tailgate on the inside. There was also some by the front of the bed by that seal. None of it was pooling water as it just ran down the end and out. The cover comes with a strip of this gooey sealant tape stuff that I haven't put on yet, but I will use that by the front of the bed to reduce the water there. Overall it does pretty well and I'm enjoying the cover.

Sponsored

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum

Where did you order it from?

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB

MuffDiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I went with the BakFlip G2 PN: 226339 tonneau cover (for a 5.5' bed). Easy install, fairly secure, good design, tough enough, decent price (get what ya pay for) and see photo for one more good reason, so far as covers which can fully (i.e. 98%) expose the bed while you are driving...
Ford F-150 Tonneau covers recommendations and pics? backfli
Sponsored