Attachments

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
" Scheduled rate increases are part of NTTA’s commitment to repay $9.5 billion borrowed to build the toll roads you use now. It also funds future projects, such as the current expansion of the Dallas North Tollway. NTTA does not receive tax dollars to build, operate and maintain its roads. "

wait, what...so what were your taxes used for years ago...LOL

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Shocking that a system designed to recoup and cover the cost of maintenance for a specific piece of infrastructure is transitioning into typical govt slush fund nonsense. The fact they tell you who they are in their comparison -- I mean if you're dumb enough to pay $6 for a coffee, enjoy the idiot tax. Those tolls are in addition to the 22 cents / gal gasoline tax too.

Ford F-150 *&$(#)$)#$@*%&&@ toll rates increase  july 1st TEXAS *&*_#$(@$&&@# 1686079848041

Tosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Re-Tired Bicycle Mechanic
When I was living in South Austin a few years back, and I had to drive to Round Rock 3 times a week, I found that I was saving money by driving 130 (toll road, 30 extra miles) versus I-35 (traffic, accidents, major delays). Though I disliked the concept of the tollway, it was better than the other options.

Now I'm in Oregon, where the gas taxes are much higher, and roads are rougher, but no tolls. Yet.

But they're (probably) coming to Portland soon, then Eugene, and ?

Death and Taxes and Tolls, oh my

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
" Scheduled rate increases are part of NTTA’s commitment to repay $9.5 billion borrowed to build the toll roads you use now. It also funds future projects, such as the current expansion of the Dallas North Tollway. NTTA does not receive tax dollars to build, operate and maintain its roads. "

wait, what...so what were your taxes used for years ago...LOL
what gets me is the VARIABLE toll rate on parts of 635 in dallas.. the express lanes toll is variable based on traffic, time of day, etc...so you never get a real cost until BOOM you see it on your toll tag bill

Sponsored

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
So long as I have the option of other routes, I can live with it. Then I can decide if it is worth it to me or not. Tennessee is considering what they are calling "Choice Lanes." Instead of a toll road, I guess you could call it a toll lane. We shall see if it helps, as Nashville has got to do something!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
what gets me is the VARIABLE toll rate on parts of 635 in dallas.. the express lanes toll is variable based on traffic, time of day, etc...so you never get a real cost until BOOM you see it on your toll tag bill
So there isn't a sign indicating the current rate!? We've got variable rate express lanes, but they list the price upon entering it and it's what you pay.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
So there isn't a sign indicating the current rate!? We've got variable rate express lanes, but they list the price upon entering it and it's what you pay.
yes right as you enter the lane...but then its too late
online it states Variable crazy
i got hit for over 5 dollars on a 3 miles stretch one way and 2 on the return same section except other direction

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So long as I have the option of other routes, I can live with it. Then I can decide if it is worth it to me or not. Tennessee is considering what they are calling "Choice Lanes." Instead of a toll road, I guess you could call it a toll lane. We shall see if it helps, as Nashville has got to do something!
They built entire new infrastructure here going aerial when needed. It's optional and ranges from .50 to up to at least $14 that I've seen and it's was saving 10 minutes or so at the time? I don't mind the way it was funded or how it operates. It's a pay to play private infrastructure entity that has benefits if chosen to be utilized and paid for at time of use. Democratic capitalism is great in action.

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
You are paying for the roads no matter what!

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
LA is the same way, depends on what time of day and what road.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales