Sponsored

To those who plan to order or have ordered and have questions...

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Good to see I think I'll be just fine to move my "home built" bed extender over from my 2018. I found it working on a deserted home. Originally for a narrow bed (tacoma, frontier, etc.) but I modified it to fit the F-150 by splitting it down the middle and adding galvanized tubing to match the bed width. There was no attach hardware so I fabricated some and threaded into the existing center holes in the side stays. I couldn't positively figure out the thread pitch on the original inserts for some reason. They almost felt like they were slightly swaged to lock the bolt. So, I just tapped it for the bolts I made. It's worked great for the past 2 years!
Also noted that the new bed looks almost identical in build to the previous. At least around the tailgate area.
Ford F-150 To those who plan to order or have ordered and have questions... 1
Ford F-150 To those who plan to order or have ordered and have questions... 2
Ford F-150 To those who plan to order or have ordered and have questions... 3
Ford F-150 To those who plan to order or have ordered and have questions... 4
Ford F-150 To those who plan to order or have ordered and have questions... 5
Sponsored

Henryrlee

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F-150 platinum ordered 2004 F350 2021 plt exp
Occupation
Us army retired
I was just curious on the spacing of these bed accessory mounting holes, but I measured today on this '21 king ranch and it is compatible with my gen13. So I will be moving my folding bed extender over! (it just doesn't have the peg hole in the tailgate but that is not important really)
20210101_134406.jpg
Thanks I plan on doing the same

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Does the rear parking sensors continue to alert when a Large WDH hitch is inserted into the receiver, or when a trailer is attached?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Although I have a Platinum on order (builds next week), I have never actually been inside one. I ordered the Black Unique interior, so my question is: are the Carmelo accents leather or suede? They looked leather in all the photos, but I saw one on a lot (dealer was closed) and they looked suede.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
I wanted to order the bed extender as I had one on the last F150 I owned (2010) and I loved it. Mostly because when flipped inside it served as a easy access area that prevented things from sliding around. When I ordered last month, my sales rep said the extender was still listed as an option but there was no order code to include it with my order. So I was wondering if I could buy an old one off Amazon and install it. Sounds like from your measurements that we can, but is there any concern with obstructing the generator ports on the left side of the bed? My thought is that may be why they are phasing it out by not providing an order code.

I did find this
(143) 2021 F-150 Bed Extender Installation Issues - YouTube

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Does the rear parking sensors continue to alert when a Large WDH hitch is inserted into the receiver, or when a trailer is attached?
Hahha looks like you have a gen13 with this issue too. When my wife is giving guidance and we're trying to line up the ball, I have to back up, then shift to neutral (to get rid of the loud tone) to listen to what she says or say "WHAT?!?!" Then back to reverse then back to neutral, repeat. It's pretty annoying but just had to live with it. I doubt they changed it for gen14 but we can always hope....

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Hahha looks like you have a gen13 with this issue too. When my wife is giving guidance and we're trying to line up the ball, I have to back up, then shift to neutral (to get rid of the loud tone) to listen to what she says or say "WHAT?!?!" Then back to reverse then back to neutral, repeat. It's pretty annoying but just had to live with it. I doubt they changed it for gen14 but we can always hope....
Yes, my Gen13 does this, though with the Lariat, I can turn off the tone through the alert on the screen when its on, but it resets after I restart the truck, and the hitch will set it off anytime I go into reverse until I shut it off again. Its very annoying. wish there was a way to calibrate the reverse sensor for when we have a hitch in.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Although I have a Platinum on order (builds next week), I have never actually been inside one. I ordered the Black Unique interior, so my question is: are the Carmelo accents leather or suede? They looked leather in all the photos, but I saw one on a lot (dealer was closed) and they looked suede.
It’s leather.

coaster57

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platnum high 702A 4x4 on order.
Occupation
Retired
I was just curious on the spacing of these bed accessory mounting holes, but I measured today on this '21 king ranch and it is compatible with my gen13. So I will be moving my folding bed extender over! (it just doesn't have the peg hole in the tailgate but that is not important really)
20210101_134406.jpg
Great informatlon! I have a bed extender off my '16 Platinum that I plan to move to the '24 Platty. Hopefully it works and like you, the tailgate hole is no big deal . Please keep us posted.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Great informatlon! I have a bed extender off my '16 Platinum that I plan to move to the '24 Platty. Hopefully it works and like you, the tailgate hole is no big deal . Please keep us posted.
Oh man, forgot all about this thread! I've used my extender many times the past 3 years, it's been no problem without a peg hole. Still going strong!

coaster57

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Platnum high 702A 4x4 on order.
Occupation
Retired
Glad to hear that the bed extender worked well. Thanks for the reply, Terry!
Sponsored