First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their cars.
To Montana and Back ..my life story (live there, with long visits east) a drive I've taken with/because of two Labrador Retrievers nearly two dozen times, ugh!

I ordered a '23 PB in Jan. delivered to Pennsylvania and picked it up 2 months later.
We are off to Montana once again...
It was interesting to read your post as I'm curious how this truck, which I find to be my most comfortable, does XC. It's 2500 miles to my house and my best fuel economy is going to be here on the east coast where it's crowded; keeping speeds low and using electric 'around town'- compared to out west where a drive to town is 50 miles straight road at 80mph. 100 miles RT at 80mph 4x week and the rest is country driving. I'm curious if ever I'll drive elec. [Here in upstate NY, it's been about 20% elec. avg 22mpg - first 1200 miles]

Thanks for the info. Glad you enjoyed Big Sky Country.

IMG_0440.jpg
Two cute labs are worth the drive, plus if you're going in something like your ride... not too bad.
Sponsored

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
To Montana and Back ..my life story (live there, with long visits east) a drive I've taken with/because of two Labrador Retrievers nearly two dozen times, ugh!

I ordered a '23 PB in Jan. delivered to Pennsylvania and picked it up 2 months later.
It was interesting to read your post as I'm curious how this truck, which I find to be my most comfortable, does XC. It's 2500 miles to my house and my best fuel economy is going to be here on the east coast where it's crowded; keeping speeds low and using electric 'around town'- compared to out west where a drive to town is 50 miles straight road at 80mph. 100 miles RT at 80mph 4x week and the rest is country driving. I'm curious if ever I'll drive elec. [Here in upstate NY, it's been about 20% elec. avg 22mpg - first 1200 miles]

IMG_0440.jpg
Definitely get that, if you live on the highway you probably won't use much. Kind of like the guys who buy a lightning, if it's right for them it'll work for them.

OP
OP
GregBC

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND

IMG_0440.jpg
One other thing that was a lifesaver on this long trip, for my wife (who’s had back issues from some mtn bike and horse falls): the front heated seats and their lumbar support. And we didn’t have any complaints from the kids, even tho they were sharing the rear bench with the lab, lol! (I think they secretly enjoyed having her nestled next to them).
I personally also found the seats the most comfortable I’ve been in; didn’t feel fatigued or tight regardless of the hours driving. Much better than our minivan (and the vehicle as a whole feels so much more solid and confident, just cruising along vs the minivan’s panting and wheezing, almost always overloaded, haha)

adt1982

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Yes, these seats are very nice. That made the 12 hour 45 minute drive from Charleston, SC, to home in one day a very comfortable experience.

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
And, you can brew coffee as you drive, along with electric blanket for passengers, air fryer, griddle at rest stops.
I’ve been wondering for a long time and couldn’t find a straight answer. With the propower onboard, are the outlets inside the cab still limited to 400 watts? And if so, did you have to run an extension cord through the back window or is there a coffee pot that only pulls 400 watts?

Sponsored

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
One other thing that was a lifesaver on this long trip, for my wife (who’s had back issues from some mtn bike and horse falls): the front heated seats and their lumbar support. And we didn’t have any complaints from the kids, even tho they were sharing the rear bench with the lab, lol! (I think they secretly enjoyed having her nestled next to them).
I personally also found the seats the most comfortable I’ve been in; didn’t feel fatigued or tight regardless of the hours driving. Much better than our minivan (and the vehicle as a whole feels so much more solid and confident, just cruising along vs the minivan’s panting and wheezing, almost always overloaded, haha)
Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean about a wheezing minivan.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
I’ve been wondering for a long time and couldn’t find a straight answer. With the propower onboard, are the outlets inside the cab still limited to 400 watts? And if so, did you have to run an extension cord through the back window or is there a coffee pot that only pulls 400 watts?
I'm 99.9% sure you can pull at least off of one leg, so 3,600 watts from the inside units. I know for a fact I saw a guy on lunch break, the line in the break room is very long so he brought a microwave and reheated his food and inside the truck, and I'm pretty sure most of microwaves, even small ones are 600+watts. Most are a 1000watts. I need to test it myself, but I did 100% sure see the guy with the microwave.
Sponsored