Sponsored

Tires on Canadian Orders (Proxes R 2000)?

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
Can anyone confirm if the tires on Canadian orders are the Grabbers? Looking on the build and price on Ford.ca the picture seems to show Toyo Proxes on it.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
For the sake of the original poster and for on topic discussion, this thread’s in the Tremor section fellas :) sometimes easy to miss on the mobile view if you’re like me.
Thank you!!

jarcher

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Construction
Confirmed Grabbers on the Tremor I saw at Calgary dealer last week

Sponsored

TremOX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tremor, 402, Oxford White
Saw a Tremor on a dealer lot today, it had Grabbers.

Also, they did have the mountain/snowflake symbol, which suggests they are suitable for winter use.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Saw a Tremor on a dealer lot today, it had Grabbers.

Also, they did have the mountain/snowflake symbol, which suggests they are suitable for winter use.
I don't have a Tremor order, and I apologize for taking this slightly off-topic, but I'm right in the middle of trying to decide what to do about winters. Locally (I'm in a semi-rural area), I'd wager 50%+ of 4X4 pickup owners are running dedicated winter tires based on my evening dog walks around town. My OEMs (Wrangler Territory A/T) will not be 3PMSF rated and I'm trying to decide if I want to keep them and run separate winters, or just replace the OEMs immediately with 3PMSF A/T tires for year-round use.

This is my first truck, all my previous cars have had dedicated winter tires whether they were FWD, RWD or AWD. I'm curious what other Canadian truck owners have done/are planning on doing?

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
I don't have a Tremor order, and I apologize for taking this slightly off-topic, but I'm right in the middle of trying to decide what to do about winters. Locally (I'm in a semi-rural area), I'd wager 50%+ of 4X4 pickup owners are running dedicated winter tires based on my evening dog walks around town. My OEMs (Wrangler Territory A/T) will not be 3PMSF rated and I'm trying to decide if I want to keep them and run separate winters, or just replace the OEMs immediately with 3PMSF A/T tires for year-round use.

This is my first truck, all my previous cars have had dedicated winter tires whether they were FWD, RWD or AWD. I'm curious what other Canadian truck owners have done/are planning on doing?
I'm running Blizzak's on mine.

TremOX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tremor, 402, Oxford White
For snow I suspect the Grabbers will be more than fine, for ice... not so much, but who knows.

I almost always run 2 sets of wheels and tires on vehicles, but I have run AT Grabbers on a Ridgeline, and even MT (with decent sipes) Toyo Open Country MT in a tall skinny (34x11) on a 4 Dr Rubicon through winter and they can do it with steady hands and throttle.

Depends how much you value stopping and turning, and how often you need to be on the road when there is ice IMO

I will say the compound on the Grabbers I saw today were very soft, so as long as the sipes are deep enough I think they will be "ok". Expect delivery in 2 weeks, and live in the snowbelt - remind me and I can give an update by new year once ski season hits in the Collingwood area.

Cheers
Sponsored