Sponsored

Tire size options for OEM wheels with 2" level?

mnsunset

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150/1965 Mustang
Occupation
Self Employed
Saw someone mention terra grapplers....anyone run them? I have them on my current truck. Great in the snow BUT no traction on dry pavement....And if you give her a little gas while crossing a painted crosswalk or similar,,,,forget it. Spins like your on ice. Overall I really do not like the tire other than the way they look. I am leaving them on the truck when I trade it. (I have two sets of tires wheels that I rotate. Summer and winter).

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Platinum

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I currently run KO2 and love them. Out of curiosity, why not get a load range e?
I am planning to get KO2’s for my Platinum FX4 as well. I had them in the past on an SUV and they were great in the snow in ski country.

The biggest I can fit (after the 2” level) without any poke seem to be the 285/65/R20’s, at 34.5” Radius.

The only problem is that the stock height of the cab plus the level plus taller tires comes almost exactly to the height of my garage door arm bracket. And that doesn’t include whatever height the FX4 kit may have added!

(77.2 + 2.0 + 0.75 + [FX4 h] = 80.0+)

On second thought, it’s not a problem. I’ll just do surgery on the door arm brackets or replace both garage doors!

Problem solved! ?

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Added pictures to my original comment. Not sure if that notified you or not.
It's gorgeous! Now that my truck is built, seeing your truck out on the streets makes the wait for delivery all the more arduous.

I am planning to get KO2’s for my Platinum FX4 as well. I had them in the past on an SUV and they were great in the snow in ski country.

The biggest I can fit (after the 2” level) without any poke seem to be the 285/65/R20’s, at 34.5” Radius.

The only problem is that the stock height of the cab plus the level plus taller tires comes almost exactly to the height of my garage door arm bracket. And that doesn’t include whatever height the FX4 kit may have added!

On second thought, it’s not a problem. I’ll just do surgery on the door arm brackets or replace both garage doors!

Problem solved! ?
I have the same issue. I want the truck leveled and bigger tires, but what is going to be the impact on my ability to get it into the garage. Parking it in the driveway, no matter how much I love the look will be strictly forbidden.

Ford F-150 Tire size options for OEM wheels with 2" level? 622C21F1-E651-4813-80FC-E410F3BB28C4

Last edited:

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur

Problem solved! ?
Do you think the 285 65/20 will work with a 9” wheel?

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Just had the 2 inch Ready Lift level with 285/65 Ridge Grapplers on the 20 inch OEM wheels installed yesterday. Will post some pictures today for you when I can. I like the height of the 285/65 @ 34.80 inches tall in Ridge Grapplers. Definitely looks to have a little more sidewall vs the 295/60 but both look great.

Pictures added. As many have others said, no rubbing and no trimming.

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

F5.jpg

F7.jpg
Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. So even at full lock you don’t rub the UCA going forward or in reverse?

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Toyo Open Country AT3 275/65 and level
Capture.jpg
Well done! This might be the best Level/Tire pic I've seen on this Forum. Fantastic. I am definitely inspired to do this (if I ever get my truck!)

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget

Problem solved! ?
Those aren't real world measurements. The highest point on your cab wont increase by the exact amount as the front end. The pivot point is going to be rear axle. I try and find people on here doing what I want to do to my truck and get real numbers from them. I'm pretty sure what your describing will fit in the garage.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget