Sponsored

Tire Shine Choices

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There are so many tire shines on the market, which ones are y’all using?

I ran lots off them but nothing has impressed me. I used chemical guys vrp for ever but it builds up and didn’t seem to last. I then tried 303 aerospace protectant and that looks amazing but only lasts 2-3 days. I have now been using turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray coating with good results. I clean the tires real good then apply, spread and wipe clean. This seems to last the longest 1-2 weeks. But there has to be something better. I’m more of a natural matte look or very low sheen. Thanks for any insight!
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
If you want something that lasts check out McKees tire coating. It is very long lasting but is a bit shiny at first. Be sure to follow the cleaning instructions before coating.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
If you want something that lasts check out McKees tire coating. It is very long lasting but is a bit shiny at first. Be sure to follow the cleaning instructions before coating.
$50 a bottle? Wow! I like my tires to shine and not currently using anything but hard pass on the price. I see a case of 12 bottles is only $29.16 a bottle but who wants to drop $350 each time? Maybe I can get a more reasonable price off Amazon or eBay.

Sponsored

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
I heard this stuff is not really good for the rubber. Also it seems like it attracts even more dirt and road grime to the treated area. I much prefer natural tire look over the fake shine

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Searched for a good anti-shine product and found aero cosmetics rubber care. You have to follow the directions, it's not just a spray on and leave type of product. But it is by far is the best tire dressing I have ever used. It will leave a dark clean rubber look, like a brand new tire. I will never use anything else ever again, I have found what I think works the best. And it lasts for well over a month, for me anyway, and that is with several washes and plenty of rain, I live in FL.

Last edited:

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
$50 a bottle? Wow! I like my tires to shine and not currently using anything but hard pass on the price. I see a case of 12 bottles is only $29.16 a bottle but who wants to drop $350 each time? Maybe I can get a more reasonable price off Amazon or eBay.
[/QUOTE

OP asked what works well not what’s cheap. It is expensive but you can do 4-6 sets of tires per bottle and each application lasts months. No greasy sling.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Good point.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
... supposed to actually treat and protect the rubber.
Just curious, has anyone actually ever had a set of vehicle (as opposed to trailer) tires 'age-out' due to exposure before they needed replacement due to tread wear?

Is it generally accepted that the 'meaningful benefit' of 'tire dressings' is an aesthetic matter?

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Just curious, has anyone actually ever had a set of vehicle (as opposed to trailer) tires 'age-out' due to exposure before they needed replacement due to tread wear?

Is it generally accepted that the 'meaningful benefit' of 'tire dressings' is an aesthetic matter?
My Pontiac solstice wheels are cracking bad. I've delayed needing to replace them since using this, bit since I don't drive much and I don't have a garage, yes I can see me aging out tires. I have put 14k miles on it in 12 years.

OP
OP
SpaceWhiteF150

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think tire shine is mostly for looks, some products also protect the rubber from uv rays.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP

I have.

I have a 2009 Tacoma that bakes in the Virginia sun all day every day. IMO you will start to see the rubber breaking down at about 5 years and start to see sidewall cracking shortly after that. Now I do not know if that is only cosmetic or the start of tire failure, but I do not take a chance. At about 7 - 8 years I replace them regardless.

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Last edited:

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I have.

I have a 2009 Tacoma that bakes in the Virginia sun all day every day. IMO you will start to see the rubber breaking down at about 5 years and start to see sidewall cracking shortly after that. Now I do not know if that is only cosmetic or the start of tire failure, but I do not take a chance. At about 7 - 8 years I replace them regardless.
If I ever drove my Solstice any distance I would have replaced them long ago (I only drive it locally). Honestly it comes down to I'm cheap. I paid $1300 for tires and at the time didn't know any better to take care of them..LOL. (though the car is under a car cover which covers most the tires about99% of the time).

I used to drive the car to Tampa for work (88 miles one way), but since a couple years before covid I stopped that due to the tires.

I think sun can be hell on tires if you ask me.

So far on all the cars I've used the aero cosmetics stuff I've never had an issue, but that's purely anecdotal at best.
Sponsored